Colorado shooting suspect appears to be LDS

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Colorado shooting suspect appears to be LDS

Post by Jersey Girl »

Morley wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:09 pm
drumdude wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:59 pm
We’ve moved on to the next mass shooting, 6 dead at a Walmart.

This is becoming a weekly occurrence across the country.
From The Washington Post:

Mass shootings — where four or more people, not including the shooter, are injured or killed — have averaged more than one per day so far this year. Not a single week in 2022 has passed without at least four mass shootings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... s-in-2022/

edit to say: God bless America.

I didn't use your link but anyway, I think I read that there have been 600 mass shootings in the U.S. since the first of the year.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Unsurprisingly, Dowsin’ Dan has made the murders about himself and how aggrieved his cult must be feeling at the moment. The level of stupid crap that comes out of that gasbag’s fingers is astounding. Additionally, he’s allowing The Last Danite to post some real vile crap in the comments section right now. You’d think they’d at least let the bodies grow cold before they started up with the bigotry again.

Too much to ask, sadly.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

I should add that this could just be a crass move by him or his attorney to claim he’s non-binary. I’m sure there’s some sort of legal maneuvering involved, say, to get him out of a hate crime charge. But I dunno.
I heard he has identified as nonbinary since he was 15. That's not exactly the Peter Priesthood image that people on this board seem to be attempting to portray they/them as.
What I do know is he had no business owning/operating a weapon of any kind, much less a weapon that could kill a lot of people quickly. Our country has a deep sickness as evidenced by 1) the numerous mass shootings we suffer every year, 2) those that think it’s a price worth paying, and 3) the abject failure of our system to make mental health treatment point-of-service-no-cost and easily accessible to those that need it.

We live in a damned bananapants reality.
Aldrich was arrested last year after their mother reported her child threatened her with a homemade bomb and other weapons. Ring doorbell video obtained by The Associated Press shows Aldrich arriving at their mother’s front door with a big black bag the day of the 2021 bomb threat, telling her the police were nearby and adding, “This is where I stand. Today I die.”

Authorities at the time said no explosives were found, but gun-control advocates have asked why police didn’t use Colorado’s “red flag” laws to seize the weapons Aldrich’s mother says her child had.

https://apnews.com/article/entertainmen ... 961ea04cd0

What makes you think criminals are going to obey laws against owning a gun?
3) the abject failure of our system to make mental health treatment point-of-service-no-cost and easily accessible to those that need it.
You could come out of early retirement and offer free mental health services, could you not?
Last edited by Hawkeye on Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:09 pm
Unsurprisingly, Dowsin’ Dan has made the murders about himself and how aggrieved his cult must be feeling at the moment. The level of stupid crap that comes out of that gasbag’s fingers is astounding. Additionally, he’s allowing The Last Danite to post some real vile crap in the comments section right now. You’d think they’d at least let the bodies grow cold before they started up with the bigotry again.

Too much to ask, sadly.

- Doc

Dr. Cam, you are correct. Musket Fire Dan is trying to play victim and exploit this tragedy to make this all about himself.
“Daniel “Musket Fire” Peterson” wrote: But some folks affect, at least, to believe that I am just such a monster. And there’s probably nothing that I’ll ever be able to do about it.
Dan, I’ve known you in real life for decades. How about deciding not to be a monster anymore?

For starters Dan, stop your constant lying, plagiarizing, homophobia, misogyny, anti-semitism, attacking, bullying, slandering, libeling, belittling and trying to harm others.

Dan, why not spend what time you have left on earth trying to build (not tear down) bridges. Dan, why not try to be a good, honest and principled man?

As it stands now, I fear for your legacy.
Last edited by Everybody Wang Chung on Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Too much to ask, sadly.

- Doc
Aren’t you a big μολὼν λαβέ guy?
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote: Dan, I’ve known you in real life for decades.
I don’t know if I’d consider going on one Book of Mormon cruise with Dan to be the same as knowing him in real life for decades.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Do we censor MSNBC now that we know the suspect is Nonbinary?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Do we sensor MSNBC now that we know the suspect is Nonbinary. This story is going to get memory holed by the mainstream media and go away now that it doesn't fit their narrative. By their own rules the only thing required for a person to be ninbinary is if "they/them" says so. DocCam has no right to call the claim of being nonbinary the line of crap it is , nor point out the advantage gained by fabricating such a claim.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Informant wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:32 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Too much to ask, sadly.

- Doc
Aren’t you a big μολὼν λαβέ guy?
You think I’m a

?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
- Doc
Yeah y’know “pew pew” come and get mah gunzzz!