Colorado shooting suspect appears to be LDS

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Colorado shooting suspect appears to be LDS

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Informant wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:06 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
- Doc
Yeah y’know “pew pew” come and get mah gunzzz!
What makes you think I’m that way?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Informant
CTR B

Post by Informant »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Yeah y’know “pew pew” come and get mah gunzzz!
What makes you think I’m that way?

- Doc
Oh, my apologies. I think I mixed you up with someone.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Dan has spent the day arguing with someone about this in the comment section of his blog. I would post a representative sample but there's just too much back and forth nonsense to read through. Enjoy the holidays for God's sake, Daniel.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:58 am
Dan has spent the day arguing with someone about this in the comment section of his blog. I would post a representative sample but there's just too much back and forth nonsense to read through. Enjoy the holidays for God's sake, Daniel.
It's probably his idea of making merry.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:31 am
drumdude wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:58 am
It's probably his idea of making merry.
Or warming up for being a turkey... ;)
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

And what of that small handful of critics on whose speculations I commented yesterday? Well, it seems that President Oaks and Elder Holland are somehow still to blame for Mx. Aldrich’s lethal rampage. Moreover, and very damnably, my brief comment dehumanized and minimised the Colorado Springs attack, failed to mention the victims, neglected to celebrate the heroic actions of one or two patrons of Club Q that probably saved many lives, and sought to make Church leaders the real victims of the tragedy. Of course, one might be forgiven for thinking that, since I was responding only to one very specific peripheral issue that had been grafted onto the massacre in Colorado Springs, expressing my, umm, disapproval of the murder of five innocent people and the wounding of many others would have been unnecessary. Surely only a monster would fail to disapprove of such horrors. Surely only a depraved monster would not endorse life-saving heroism. But some folks affect, at least, to believe that I am just such a monster. And there’s probably nothing that I’ll ever be able to do about it.
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... rings.html

Thanks for reading Dan, don't forget to like and subscribe...

You're still (deliberately?) missing the point about Church Leaders in relation to tragedies where innocent people lost their lives or were physically or mentally injured simply because they are LGBTQ. The point is that Church Leaders have influence across a membership that includes a cross section of society. Not all who sit and listen to General Conference are rational, sensible, right-minded individuals. So when Church Leaders spend decades preaching about the horrors and evils of same sex attraction, how it's a choice akin to beasteality and pedaphilia, how it needs to fought, how same sex marriage for non members is an existential threat to religious freedom, calling for more "musket fire" etc etc etc they are contributing to the cumulative societal problem we see today.

There are members that believe statements like Race And The Priesthood, and the so-called endorsement of the recent bill on marriage, are simply spin doctoring. A nod and a wink to members that their position hasn't really changed, they are just being a bit more "political" about it. The talk Oaks gave at April conference shows they don't "endorse" the bill on legalising same sex marriage. They are just agreeing not to weaponise the membership against it this time if certain caveats and protections for their institutional discriminations are included.

Dan, please try and be a bit more honest about what "a small handful of critics" are actually saying (or better still, provide a helpful hyper-link so they can see for themselves).
Hawkeye
2nd Counselor

Post by Hawkeye »

You're still (deliberately?) missing the point about Church Leaders in relation to tragedies where innocent people lost their lives or were physically or mentally injured simply because they are LGBTQ.
especially when they were shot by someone who was LGBTQ
The best part about this is waiting four years to see how all the crazy apocalyptic predictions made by the fear mongering idiots in Right Wing media turned out to be painfully wrong...Gasoline would hit $10/gallon. Hyperinflation would ensue.
Veritas
mcjathan
Nursery

Post by mcjathan »

WhatsApp Image 2022-11-24 at 7.53.59 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-24 at 7.53.59 AM.jpeg (70.9 KiB) Viewed 322 times
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hawkeye wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 2:43 pm
You're still (deliberately?) missing the point about Church Leaders in relation to tragedies where innocent people lost their lives or were physically or mentally injured simply because they are LGBTQ.
especially when they were shot by someone who was LGBTQ
And White. Don’t forget the White part, since being White is important to you. Apparently the master race includes this guy, a methhead Mormon dad, and a bananapants Mormon single mother. And they’re all White.

So. Yeah. Don’t forget all those descriptions, Ajax18.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Admittedly I’m not following this line of reasoning. He has history with Mormonism therefore his psychotic move to shoot people at a LGBTQ club was due to the Mormon church? And he’s LGBTQ? Not saying Mormonism had no influence on him, but it also seems possible he had no Mormonism in mind at all.

We just hypothesizing here?
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos