Biden's Economy?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Biden's Economy?

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:09 pm
At least Biden has allowed Exxon to go into Venezuela …
You mean Chevron?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:21 pm
“I have a foreboding of an America in my children's or grandchildren's time -- when the United States is a service and information economy; when nearly all the manufacturing industries have slipped away to other countries; when awesome technological powers are in the hands of a very few, and no one representing the public interest can even grasp the issues; when the people have lost the ability to set their own agendas or knowledgeably question those in authority; when, clutching our crystals and nervously consulting our horoscopes, our critical faculties in decline, unable to distinguish between what feels good and what's true, we slide, almost without noticing, back into superstition and darkness...

The dumbing-down of America is most evident in the slow decay of substantive content in the enormously influential media, the 30 second sound bites (now down to 10 seconds or less), lowest common denominator programming, credulous presentations on pseudoscience and superstition, but especially a kind of celebration of ignorance.”

- Carl Sagan
We are drowning in information but starved for knowledge.

- John Naisbitt
Yup.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Huh. Record # of AmeriCANS are employed. From Drudge:

https://www.cnsnews.com/article/nationa ... d-december

CNSNews is ran by a Conservative, ostensibly:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_R ... er#CNSNews

I wonder if that depresses Ajax, or makes him happy? One can never tell …

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

LOWEST unemployment rate in 50 years ---- 2nd best job creation yr ever (2021 was #1) ---- Black, Hispanic unemployment below pre-pandemic ---- Labor force participation UP ----- Two best years of manufacturing job growth since 1984 ---- Disabled unemployment rate lowest EVER
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Vēritās wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:46 am
LOWEST unemployment rate in 50 years ---- 2nd best job creation yr ever (2021 was #1) ---- Black, Hispanic unemployment below pre-pandemic ---- Labor force participation UP ----- Two best years of manufacturing job growth since 1984 ---- Disabled unemployment rate lowest EVER
Yeah, there is that - but what about Hillary's emails Hunter Biden's laptop?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
I'll admit I am pleasantly surprised gas is not $5/gallon yet. We're still at $3.10/gallon and I'm driving my truck and loving it.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Another half million jobs created. Just another month under a Democrat president. Meanwhile right wing propaganda is scrambling to figure out how to spin this as bad news.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Chap wrote:
Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:33 am
Vēritās wrote:
Yeah, there is that - but what about Hillary's emails Hunter Biden's laptop?
Wait ‘til you see Hillary’s emails about Hunter Biden’s laptop.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Hey ajax, how does it feel to have history prove you wrong so many times?
employment-feb23.jpg
employment-feb23.jpg (67.84 KiB) Viewed 510 times
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Apparently that makes 12.1 million jobs in Biden's first TWO years as President, which is more than any other President has accomplished in his first FOUR years. 800,000 of those jobs were manufacturing jobs spurred by legislation passed by Democrats.

No mention of this amazing accomplishment at Fox, Brietbart, etc. They're trying to spin it and they look like fools.