The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related. No insults or personal attacks allowed. Rated G.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: The Score So Far (Health & Fitness)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Thanks for the link. I don't want you to think I was ignoring you. I just went some place else in my head. :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:37 pm
Oh my gosh you guys...I am SOOOOOO happy. I said near the beginning of this thread that what motivates me most isn't feeling fit...it's clothes. Feeling fit and stronger is important I know and I love that part but the clothes is what I am after.

Today I picked up two pairs of high waist wide leg jeans I ordered online last night.
As I read that line, I thought, “everything old is new again” … and then I read this -
p.s. I have in my possession a pair of Rumble Seats jeans that I wore and saved from the 70's because I loved them so much and I thought maybe one day I could wear them again. They're essentially the same style of what I just bought …
There you go! : D
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:46 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:37 pm
Oh my gosh you guys...I am SOOOOOO happy. I said near the beginning of this thread that what motivates me most isn't feeling fit...it's clothes. Feeling fit and stronger is important I know and I love that part but the clothes is what I am after.

Today I picked up two pairs of high waist wide leg jeans I ordered online last night.
As I read that line, I thought, “everything old is new again” … and then I read this -
p.s. I have in my possession a pair of Rumble Seats jeans that I wore and saved from the 70's because I loved them so much and I thought maybe one day I could wear them again. They're essentially the same style of what I just bought …
There you go! : D
My mother used to say that fashion trends cycle back about every 30 years or so. I don't think that's far off. When I was a child I used to watch the old movies with her. One of the styles I loved MOST of all was this on Ginger Rodgers:

And then that same style came back in the 70's in the form of wide leg jeans with high waists. Like the Rumble Seats. I also wore a pair of high waisted trousers (black and dark green) just like Ginger's mid to late 70's.

And...they're back again!

I love that there are SO many types of jeans "in style" now. You can wear whatever suits you. I'm yanking out the Rumble Seats over the weekend. I weighed 107 the other day. Not even close to joking so if I ever had a shot at wearing those again, I'm pretty sure now's the time.

And I do know how to wear the them since I've already done it before. The style of tops that go with them are also back on the racks.

I'm good to go!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Re: The score so far (Health & Fitness)

Post by canpakes »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:20 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:26 pm
:o Wow! I am duly impressed! It's hard once you set that goal and then have to face it down! I do that all the time and then I invariably end up moving the goal posts but you did NOT! You are totally succeeding! Doesn't that feel awesome???
OK, three-quarters of the year are gone. I’m at 1566 miles. I think that I’ve got a decent buffer finally going in case we end up with some sort of harsh winter weather, or I fall off a cliff or somesuch, and have to sit out a few days.

Now I just have to keep this going.

OK, Jersey Girl - yesterday, I passed the total number of miles from last year (1893), so with a full month to go in this year, there shouldn’t be too much of a problem hitting that goal of 2000 miles by year-end.

Barring, of course, any unfortunate run-ins with hungry bears, stray meteorites, or Amazon delivery vans bringing packages of vintage jeans to woodland dwellers.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Oh for goodness sakes, what are you on about now, canpakes? :roll:

Oh yeah...health and fitness. :lol:
canpakes wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:00 am
canpakes wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:20 am

OK, three-quarters of the year are gone. I’m at 1566 miles. I think that I’ve got a decent buffer finally going in case we end up with some sort of harsh winter weather, or I fall off a cliff or somesuch, and have to sit out a few days.

Now I just have to keep this going.

OK, Jersey Girl - yesterday, I passed the total number of miles from last year (1893), so with a full month to go in this year, there shouldn’t be too much of a problem hitting that goal of 2000 miles by year-end.
:o :o :o :o Wow, you are killin' it! One more month...you'll do it. I know you will!
Barring, of course, any unfortunate run-ins with hungry bears, stray meteorites, or Amazon delivery vans bringing packages of vintage jeans to woodland dwellers.
:lol:

I can't even get to the tailor shop to get those hemmed since I've been stricken with Omicron. And that, my friendly moderator, is the (bad) luck of the draw. And so it goes in my little woodland world.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

This is going to seem good. But it's NOT good. :shock:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:12 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:30 am
Found it. I just wanted to put this in my own face. So I started this thread back in 2016.

I weighed 111 the other day. If I recall correctly toggled between 111 and 114 for the past 2-ish years.

I'm becoming a shadow. :shock:

That's me after possibly a week with Omicron. I basically weigh about the same as Philo Sofee's arm. That's NOT good for me. Currently increasing fluid intake. Now I need to gain weight??

On the other hand...if I were to lose 8 more pounds, I'd fit in "The Dress" again. :shock:

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl, do I need to call in for a delivery of a double cheese, double pepperoni pizza for you and JB, with a side of a Junior’s cheesecake?

102 is sounding a bit light.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:17 am
Jersey Girl, do I need to call in for a delivery of a double cheese, double pepperoni pizza for you and JB, with a side of a Junior’s cheesecake?

Yeah it's getting stupid over here. I wish I could eat a pizza like that! He'd certainly do it! I think there's some dehydration going on so am trying to correct that. Crazy town, right?

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:17 am

And if she refuses, trusteth me, Philo Sofee will truly step forth and save the day by taking that heinous and evil food away from our beloved Jersey, and consume it myself to be a shield between her and such vile delectibles.....hero at large I will be! :D
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:30 am
This is going to seem good. But it's NOT good. :shock:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:12 am

I'm becoming a shadow. :shock:

That's me after possibly a week with Omicron. I basically weigh about the same as Philo Sofee's arm. That's NOT good for me. Currently increasing fluid intake. Now I need to gain weight??

On the other hand...if I were to lose 8 more pounds, I'd fit in "The Dress" again. :shock:
Um...Houston I got a problem over here. When I made the post above it was after weighing at night. I stepped on the scale this morning and weighed in at a hefty 99 pounds. :o

Not good. Not good. Not good.

I shall be doing everything I can to increase calorie intake along with water. No ruling out a Run for the Border or a Margherita pizza or I dunno. I have exactly NO junk or fat food in the house. I'll come up with something.

Good grief. This is nuts.

p.s. I'll definitely fit in "The Dress" and those Rumble Seat jeans are gonna get a try on, too, before I lose the moment. <--glass half full.

Slava Ukraini!