Two paths

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Two paths

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:44 am
Why don’t you post some of your conversations here so we can analyze it, and give you constructive feedback?
I am kind of busy right now, but as I said, give me two weeks.

I have to find good examples and redact some parts. It's going to take some time.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:47 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:44 am
Why don’t you post some of your conversations here so we can analyze it, and give you constructive feedback?

Also, what hobbies do you regularly enjoy and are passionate about?

- Doc
I am currently not using the dating apps, but sure, I can share some next week (or the following week). I wouldn't mind taking a screenshot and sharing my past conversations. I'll probably share like five.
Past conversations would be perfect. Try posting three or four with a fairly lengthy back and forth. We need a large’ish dataset set. Obviously block out names or identifying information.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Let me give you one final perspective and then off you go. A buddy of mine from way back, like you, is obsessed with getting a girlfriend and getting married. What does datepsychology.com say about TBM guy who is over 50, employment hit and miss, overweight, divorced, on psych meds, with serious criminal record searching for beautiful, educated and spiritual girl to start a family with? What are your stupid and worthless articles going to say about that, DT?

Well, turns out he found just that -- someone much younger, never married, lots of things going for her, and she wants to start a family with him.

He's getting what he wants because he wants it with blind, singularity of purpose. Imagine over and over, you find the next ward, somebody figures out your past, the girls run away screaming and game over. That's on top of a stack of other baggage including an odd personality. I'm proud as hell of the guy, I mean, the effort put into this is incomprehensible and he succeeded. Unfortunately, I'm a natural skeptic, so won't put money on long term.

To say you've tried and the odds are too heavy against you -- you have no idea what kind of odds can be against a person and yet they succeed. I'll tell you right now one trait he has that helps, that I'm nearly certain you'll need to develop -- he's a sincere and caring person at heart, and at least in the moment, he wants to understand and help the other person -- her problems come first. Even though he's an unhinged right-winger, I've never heard him characterize women in the way incel culture does. He's not angry and bitter against women at all; when he's lost out he feels all bad about it and hopes he can do better next time. He's like, a true believer in love. It's hard to describe.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 12:37 am
That's fine, but why would an educated and successful career woman need a successful man who makes a lot of money?
That is a tough one. Why would someone look for partner that has things in common with them? It's madness, I says. Madness.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:14 am
Let me give you one final perspective and then off you go. A buddy of mine from way back, like you, is obsessed with getting a girlfriend and getting married. What does datepsychology.com say about TBM guy who is over 50, employment hit and miss, overweight, divorced, on psych meds, with serious criminal record searching for beautiful, educated and spiritual girl to start a family with? What are your stupid and worthless articles going to say about that, DT?

Well, turns out he found just that -- someone much younger, never married, lots of things going for her, and she wants to start a family with him.

He's getting what he wants because he wants it with blind, singularity of purpose. Imagine over and over, you find the next ward, somebody figures out your past, the girls run away screaming and game over. That's on top of a stack of other baggage including an odd personality. I'm proud as hell of the guy, I mean, the effort put into this is incomprehensible and he succeeded. Unfortunately, I'm a natural skeptic, so won't put money on long term.

To say you've tried and the odds are too heavy against you -- you have no idea what kind of odds can be against a person and yet they succeed. I'll tell you right now one trait he has that helps, that I'm nearly certain you'll need to develop -- he's a sincere and caring person at heart, and at least in the moment, he wants to understand and help the other person -- her problems come first. Even though he's an unhinged right-winger, I've never heard him characterize women in the way incel culture does. He's not angry and bitter against women at all; when he's lost out he feels all bad about it and hopes he can do better next time. He's like, a true believer in love. It's hard to describe.
This is a head scratcher. Why would a younger never-married woman get involved with an old head with a spotty track record? I mean, if that’s her choice then more power to her, but I don’t really get it unless she wants kids immediately and he’s down to clown. It’s just, what would make him a good father candidate given his history? This reminds me of the times when I was stationed in the South and you’d see these absolute smoke shows with bubbas, and it was always a bit confusing. Perhaps there’s a cultural connection we’re discounting?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:47 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
That's fine, but why would an educated and successful career woman need a successful man who makes a lot of money?
That is a tough one. Why would someone look for partner that has things in common with them? It's madness, I says. Madness.
Arrrrr, you be right there shipmate!

Notice, too, the implication that a partner is something that you "need". While most of us would agree that the average healthy adult is likely to feel the need for the companionship of a suitable person of their preferred gender, doesn't one usually end up with a partner because one just feels that he/she just happens to be somebody that you really want to be with long-term, and they feel the same way? You don't usually think of "needing" a person of a particular description, like you would need a house that suits your size of family, or a particular kind of pick up truck that can carry your tools around so you can do your job.

This goes to the point mentioned by a number of posters, about "treating women like things".
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Sure, whites should only get with whites. Whites should never get with Blacks, Mexicans, or Asians. It's all about having everything in common. Make segregation great again? Who wants a different culture?
Chap wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:14 pm
You don't usually think of "needing" a person of a particular description, like you would need a house that suits your size of family, or a particular kind of pick up truck that can carry your tools around so you can do your job.
Except that US women don't seem to be interested in Asian men. I kind of feel sorry for Asian American men.
Chap wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:14 pm
This goes to the point mentioned by a number of posters, about "treating women like things".
I don't treat women like things. For me, academic achievements don't define a person.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:52 pm
Sure, whites should only get with whites. Whites should never get with Blacks, Mexicans, or Asians. It's all about having everything in common. Make segregation great again?
Gonna go ahead and lock in this latest bizarre unhinged post.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:02 pm

But make sure you quote yourself first. Your logic is used by segregationists.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:03 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 9:02 pm

But make sure you quote yourself first. It's your logic.
Gonna go ahead and lock in this post showing DT claiming the below and his weird unhinged post utilize the same logic. If for no other reason than entertainment, and to help explain why he is pathologically unable to accurately interpret published research, or distinguish between the legitimacy and methodology of sources.
Doctor Steuss wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote: