The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:12 pm
The Cassius Review of Mopologetics
I like that one too!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:16 pm
Salvete wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:14 pm

Also known as TCRM.
Exactly!
Oh wait, aren't we missing the boat here? What about something with an acronym of t.i.t.s.? :lol:
Rick Grunder
Sunbeam

Post by Rick Grunder »

Salvete's suggestion of . . .

"THE PEER REVIEW"

. . . grabbed me instantly. I think it carries a perfect blend of urbane dignity, tongue-in-cheek irony, and lightly self-effacing humor, all rolled into one. I also believe that people of all stripes - friends or foes to the podcast - would remember that title the first time they heard it -whether or not they have ever heard of DiscussMormonism.
“I prefer tongue-tied knowledge to ignorant loquacity.”
― Cicero, De Oratore - Book III
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

Rick Grunder wrote:
Fri Dec 16, 2022 10:33 pm
Salvete's suggestion of . . .

"THE PEER REVIEW"

. . . grabbed me instantly. I think it carries a perfect blend of urbane dignity, tongue-in-cheek irony, and lightly self-effacing humor, all rolled into one. I also believe that people of all stripes - friends or foes to the podcast - would remember that title the first time they heard it -whether or not they have ever heard of DiscussMormonism.
I cannot take full credit for that one. I remember a long time ago Gadianton started a Cassius blog called The Peer Review.
From the end spring new beginnings.
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

Here are some more:
  • Panic at the DiscMo
  • Interpreter Radio Show (Hope that’s not taken.)
  • The Rodney Meldrum Hour
  • Early Morning Seminary
  • The Licked Cupcake
  • The Cruise Lady Podcast
From the end spring new beginnings.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Th Peer Review is looking pretty good to me!
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:04 am
Th Peer Review is looking pretty good to me!
Not only that, it is exactly what is drastically needed! I rather am leaning toward it as well, seriously. It's a GREAT title for a show of the kind we all can participate in and with.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Count me as one who likes "The Peer Review" for the name of the show. It captures why I was drawn to this site many years ago. It was then and still is now a place that counters the mopologist echo chamber, giving needed alternative views.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I think we would need a subtitle or alternate title after a colon that indicates this is a Mormon podcast.

By the way, I want to make it clear here that I believe the Peer Review should provide opportunities for everyone to have their say within the constraints of the topic of Mormonism. If someone has a beef with a critic on the board, or if one of us has a beef with another of us, then we should be as free-speech in the Peer Review as we are on MDB, at least within the constraints of the topic at hand.

I do not want to make The Peer Review about politics.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:32 pm
I think we would need a subtitle or alternate title after a colon that indicates this is a Mormon podcast.

By the way, I want to make it clear here that I believe the Peer Review should provide opportunities for everyone to have their say within the constraints of the topic of Mormonism. If someone has a beef with a critic on the board, or if one of us has a beef with another of us, then we should be as free-speech in the Peer Review as we are on MDB, at least within the constraints of the topic at hand.

I do not want to make The Peer Review about politics.
Yeah, politics has been deliberately avoided over at Mormon Discussion Inc with Bill Reel's organization as well, and I honestly, sincerely believe it is for the best. NO POLITICS, even though so much of our topics can get that way, I think Kish you are heading the right direction here. Religion, good, historical analysis good, refuting apologetics, good, slapping leaders down when needed, good, Republicans vs Democrats vs Independents, hell no.