The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Salvete
CTR A

Re: The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

Post by Salvete »

Could I recommend not Bill Reel or Dehlin or Larsen? They have reputations and attract a certain audience. Let it be organic to this community. I vote Philo, the boards own auteur, host this thing. I can envision a welcoming, healthy campfire (maybe virtual), and a couple of Shure SM7B mics. Ah, the ambiance.
From the end spring new beginnings.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Salvete wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:17 pm
Could I recommend not Bill Reel or Dehlin or Larsen? They have reputations and attract a certain audience. Let it be organic to this community. I vote Philo, the boards own auteur, host this thing. I can envision a welcoming, healthy campfire (maybe virtual), and a couple of Shure SM7B mics. Ah, the ambiance.
Oh wait. I was thinking Kish would host. I would be happy to co-host, of course, but I think that call is Kish's. And as always, all suggestions are acceptable to air, since the more the merrier, as I am sure Kish agrees with that.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 4:15 pm
Kish:

Maybe you should get with Bill Reel and see if he would be interested in putting this under his umbrella? Regardless of who joins you, I think you would have a lot of interesting things to say and maybe we could get a little more of your views of religion and how it could perhaps work? This thing needs a leader and you are fit for the job. You should go on with Philo, get interviewed by him, and see how that goes. I'm sure it would be great. And then you could jump off into leading round table discussions or whatever you wish to do.
Not a bad idea, but the issue with it is this... there are so many under the umbrella that it is getting squeezed about times having live sessions. All the good audience time slots are filled, and they actually asked I slow down a bit. I mean I could get 5 a week out, easily, but that crowds out the other hosts with their shows. If Kish can set up his own independently, it might solve that, depending on how often he would want to do round tables, recordings, and live sessions. The HUGE advantage of doing it with Mormon Discussion Inc is that the social media presence is across numerous platforms all at once, increasing the audience enormously. It's not just You Tube, but many other outlets all together. For that reason alone, it might be worth going in under Mormon Discussion Inc.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I don’t think it is necessary to have one host. Sure, individual installments may have one host, two, or a team. It would depend on what kind of format the episode required. Would I want to do some of this? Sure. But this is not *mine.* It should be ours.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:36 pm
I don’t think it is necessary to have one host. Sure, individual installments may have one host, two, or a team. It would depend on what kind of format the episode required. Would I want to do some of this? Sure. But this is not *mine.* It should be ours.
Yeah, I see your direction, but there has to be a host to make it run. Otherwise it doesn't work right.
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Yeah, I see your direction, but there has to be a host to make it run. Otherwise it doesn't work right.
For marketing reasons, I do agree there should be a headmaster, so to speak. You could have guest hosts or team hosts, but there should be one main character.

A hostest with the mostest.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:36 pm
You and Kerry, of course, would be naturals, but I agree with you on the team approach. I would love to hear the wit of Dr. Scratch, Shulem, Stem, Steuss, Cam, Gadianton, Honor, etc... However, could you and Kerry get it started and then take it from there?

What do you think of Shades in Maven's role, issuing corrections in the sidebar?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Salvete wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:09 am
Here are some more:
  • Panic at the DiscMo
  • Interpreter Radio Show (Hope that’s not taken.)
  • The Rodney Meldrum Hour
  • Early Morning Seminary
  • The Licked Cupcake
  • The Cruise Lady Podcast
Perhaps this will encourage someone at FAIR to begin registering all of these names.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Salvete
CTR A

Post by Salvete »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:54 pm
Salvete wrote:
Sat Dec 17, 2022 2:09 am
Here are some more:
  • Panic at the DiscMo
  • Interpreter Radio Show (Hope that’s not taken.)
  • The Rodney Meldrum Hour
  • Early Morning Seminary
  • The Licked Cupcake
  • The Cruise Lady Podcast
Perhaps this will encourage someone at FAIR to begin registering all of these names.
That reminds me, how about this one:
  • The More Good Podcast
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I would be happy to coordinate and be the ringmaster of this show, but I don’t want to just be one of the countless podcasters out there on that lonely mic. I think that as a group we can come up with a lot more fun and interesting ways of informing and entertaining people. I want to see us do more creative things with the format.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow