Rules and Moderator information

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: Rules and Moderator information

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:09 pm
Perhaps mods should pow wow with regard to the latest troll which involves attributing false quotes to forum users. with regard to board continuity it throws a wrench into user content, especially so when communal memory is dependent on the search function producing reliable quotes and content from board members.

- Doc
And now the troll has come up with a new variation. After being told not to alter quotes without indicating he’s done so, he just alters the LINK of the comment he is quoting. In place of the correct links, he has inserted the link to one single post, apparently the same one his sig line links to. So now what you see is the correct name, and an incorrect link. Since his return yesterday, he’s made 13 posts, 8 or so already have been modded for quote altering, but 10 of the 13 also have this misattributed link inside quotes he has copied. If mods decide this is breaking a rule [eta: which apparently they have] that will mean he has required EIGHTEEN mod actions with only 13 posts, in one day. He’s managed to break multiple rules, even in the forums he’s limited to.

How many loopholes does he have to exploit before his intent is acknowledged? He’s here to disrupt and troll. That’s it.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:02 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:09 pm
Perhaps mods should pow wow with regard to the latest troll which involves attributing false quotes to forum users. with regard to board continuity it throws a wrench into user content, especially so when communal memory is dependent on the search function producing reliable quotes and content from board members.

- Doc
And now the troll has come up with a new variation. After being told not to alter quotes without indicating he’s done so, he just alters the LINK of the comment he is quoting. In place of the correct links, he has inserted the link to one single post, apparently the same one his sig line links to. So now what you see is the correct name, and an incorrect link. Since his return yesterday, he’s made 13 posts, 8 or so already have been modded for quote altering, but 10 of the 13 also have this misattributed link inside quotes he has copied. If mods decide this is breaking a rule [eta: which apparently they have] that will mean he has required EIGHTEEN mod actions with only 13 posts, in one day. He’s managed to break multiple rules, even in the forums he’s limited to.

How many loopholes does he have to exploit before his intent is acknowledged? He’s here to disrupt and troll. That’s it.
Just to follow up, even though moderators, just this morning, removed the mis-link from 10 posts, Binger is still doing it. See his post of today, 11:41 am. How many times do mods have to remove his rule-breaking from his posts before it’s clear he won’t stop breaking rules?

ETA: make that 12 times. Two more violations since mods fixed the first 10.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:51 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:02 pm

Just to follow up, even though moderators, just this morning, removed the mis-link from 10 posts, Binger is still doing it. See his post of today, 11:41 am. How many times do mods have to remove his rule-breaking from his posts before it’s clear he won’t stop breaking rules?

We can count. We've received the reports and are round tabling the situation.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:07 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:51 pm

Ok, thanks. Glad to hear it. For those following along, 15.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:20 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:15 pm
What’s up with the emoji limit? Did someone ask for that?

- Doc
First I've heard of it. I don't have admin privileges.
If I recall correctly, Shades was not a fan of emojis. He may have reached his limit with the activities of the last month. : D
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:09 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 10:20 pm

First I've heard of it. I don't have admin privileges.
If I recall correctly, Shades was not a fan of emojis. He may have reached his limit with the activities of the last month. : D
Emojis are what he reaches his limit over? Seriously? Not attacks on family members? Not the sexual harassment to the extent that almost all women participants have left the board or gone into disguise? Not the changing of quotes? Not the altering of links so they misrepresent posts? Not the personal attacks? Not the name-calling of his moderators? Not the incessant trolling? Not the derailing that used to bring down topic after topic until the (extremely well-known) trolls were finally limited to only two forums, so that “only” one-third of our forums openly allow harassment and abusive language? Not the rule-breaking that is allowed over and over and over, requiring significant mod action while allowing the actual abuse to occur repeatedly by known offenders (with the minor solution of eventually deleting it while sternly saying “now stop that! I really mean it this time!”) and making a mockery of the integrity of this board?

Let me guess. emojis originated in Hungary. That’s the only explanation.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:23 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:07 pm

18 now

Also, I can see the emojis again
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:19 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:23 pm

18 now

Also, I can see the emojis again
Maybe the emojis left to sabotage the FAA computers and are back hiding out here. Terrorist emojis!
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:35 pm
canpakes wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:09 pm
Emojis are what he reaches his limit over? Seriously?

No, this particular limit concerns emoji use only. All of the other items have their own limits, with most of those limits having been reached on previous days. 🥑*

*avocado emoji added only because avocados are both excellent and underrepresented on this board
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:32 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:35 pm

Emojis are what he reaches his limit over? Seriously?

No, this particular limit concerns emoji use only. All of the other items have their own limits, with most of those limits having been reached on previous days. 🥑*

*avocado emoji added only because avocados are both excellent and underrepresented on this board
Well. He’s up to 19 now. What’s the limit for mislinking in one day, you know, for science, before the moderators want to make a decision at the round table?

Also:

🪆🩻🏮

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.