Rules and Moderator information

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: Rules and Moderator information

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:40 pm
canpakes wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:32 pm
No, this particular limit concerns emoji use only. All of the other items have their own limits, with most of those limits having been reached on previous days. 🥑*

*avocado emoji added only because avocados are both excellent and underrepresented on this board
Well. He’s up to 19 now. What’s the limit for mislinking in one day, you know, for science, before the moderators want to make a decision at the round table?

Also:

🪆🩻🏮

- Doc
I can’t elaborate at the moment on particular measures taken, but I will mention that there may be a few of these modified posts still out there that the mod team hasn’t noticed yet. Please continue to report them, and we’ll fix ‘em.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:44 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Well. He’s up to 19 now. What’s the limit for mislinking in one day, you know, for science, before the moderators want to make a decision at the round table?

Also:

🪆🩻🏮

- Doc
I can’t elaborate at the moment on particular measures taken, but I will mention that there may be a few of these modified posts still out there that the mod team hasn’t noticed yet. Please continue to report them, and we’ll fix ‘em.
I just reported number 20. As a public policy analyst, may I suggest a solution for you?

Ban the guy who you know for a fact plans to continue breaking the rules.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:44 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Also:

🪆🩻🏮

- Doc
Thanks, I got the report where mods removed the incorrect link, which is, by my calculation, approximately the 28th mod action you guys have had to take in less than 48 hours, to undo Binger’s rule breaking. Seriously, people, what is the logic here? Why is Binger allowed to break the rules repeatedly? What is the point of this?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

In another thread, Marcus asked:

[So…how’s the round table going?]

Just as an FYI, I’ve subscribed to this thread, so if you ask a question here, I’ll get a notice.

Swimmingly, I think.

Perhaps more to your point, have you observed a change in the rate of violations?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:30 am

Just as an FYI, I’ve subscribed to this thread, so if you ask a question here, I’ll get a notice.

Swimmingly, I think.

Perhaps more to your point, have you observed a change in the rate of violations?
Yes. Is a change in the rate of violations what you guys are going for? And no, that wasn't my point.

My point is that it is clear that Binger only continues to post here with the intent to troll, and he continues to find loopholes which he then exploits repeatedly, further indicating his intent to post only for the purpose of trolling and disruption.

He showed his hand today repeatedly and explicitly. After 10 of his posts were reported for violations, mods cleaned up all 10, and then he started up again, with the same violations!!

How many times does a poster get to violate rules before there is a consequence?

By the latest count,we are now into the 20s for Bingers latest rule-breaking foray.

Is a decrease in the rate of Binger’s violations really the point? Why isn’t a CESSATION of Binger’s violations the goal?

Come on guys. This is truly becoming ridiculous. Shades believes in free speech, so does everyone else here. Except for the trolls. Why do the trolls get to break the rules with impunity?

And don't tell me they don't. When you allow rule violation after rule violation after rule violation, fixing them after the damage is done is exactly that- you allow the damage to be done.

You allow the damage to be done.
Joshua
Nursery

Post by Joshua »

Res Ipsa wrote:

Swimmingly, I think.

For clarification, what rule or rules is this Binger fellow breaking?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Joshua wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:46 am

All of them.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:03 pm
Joshua wrote:

All of them.
:lol:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:03 pm
Joshua wrote:

All of them.
Ah, yes. The paradox of tolerance. :lol:
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Joshua wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:

Swimmingly, I think.

Can you accurately describe what conduct Binger was engaging in?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.