The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:20 pm
You can download Reaper for free and change your voice just about however you want with stock plugins.
Very true!
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:30 pm
I really like the idea. Maybe like once a month: pick a topic, give 5-6 people time to put ideas together, dig up old threads. Wow.
Oh yeah. OH yeah! Did I say OH HECK YEAH?!!!!!!!!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:30 am
Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Dec 24, 2022 8:30 pm
I really like the idea. Maybe like once a month: pick a topic, give 5-6 people time to put ideas together, dig up old threads. Wow.
Oh yeah. OH yeah! Did I say OH HECK YEAH?!!!!!!!!
Maybe like a Reader's Theater. Someone has the role of Dr. Scratch, another person can play Jersey Girl, etc...
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:38 am
Maybe like a Reader's Theater. Someone has the role of Dr. Scratch, another person can play Jersey Girl, etc...
Ya know . . .

That's not a half bad idea!

Someone reading for DCP back in the day?
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Mitchell 1919
Nursery

Post by Mitchell 1919 »

So what's happening with The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel? I've been waiting patiently over here! Can't wait to see all the incredibly smart people that post on this board, especially the ones that think they're so important they want to disguise their voice.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Mitchell 1919 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:41 am
So what's happening with The Discuss Mormonism Podcast/YouTube Channel? I've been waiting patiently over here! Can't wait to see all the incredibly smart people that post on this board, especially the ones that think they're so important they want to disguise their voice.
Why, thank you, Mitchell! The sad truth of the matter is that I got incredibly busy in my professional life, and I didn't want to start this in a half-assed manner. We could get it rolling, but right now it would not have the same production quality as the other fine productions that are already represented on this board--BYP, RFM, and ML. Still, I am open to getting something going, say, a Wednesday evening fireside chat with Reverend Kishkumen. It would be pretty chill, however.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:28 pm
Mitchell 1919 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:41 am
Why, thank you, Mitchell! The sad truth of the matter is that I got incredibly busy in my professional life, and I didn't want to start this in a half-assed manner. We could get it rolling, but right now it would not have the same production quality as the other fine productions that are already represented on this board--BYP, RFM, and ML. Still, I am open to getting something going, say, a Wednesday evening fireside chat with Reverend Kishkumen. It would be pretty chill, however.
Do Tuesday or Thursday, Wednesday is MI....... they have that slot pretty much sewn up
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:31 pm
Do Tuesday or Thursday, Wednesday is MI....... they have that slot pretty much sewn up
Yeah. Good point. I would not want to compete with the blockbusters of BYP, RFM, and ML! I think Tuesday is doable.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:42 pm
Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:31 pm
Yeah. Good point. I would not want to compete with the blockbusters of BYP, RFM, and ML! I think Tuesday is doable.

Why not? Free enterprise and competition is what makes the world turn. Perhaps your performance is better?

Don't be afraid to exceed and outperform others.

The sky is the limit. Yeah baby!

:lol:
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Shulem wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:03 pm
Why not? Free enterprise and competition is what makes the world turn. Perhaps your performance is better?

Don't be afraid to exceed and outperform others.

The sky is the limit. Yeah baby!

:lol:
You could certainly help our little enterprise along by agreeing to appear as a guest!