Church comments on SEC settlement

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Church comments on SEC settlement

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:36 pm
damned MG. Here’s the whole para:
To prevent disclosure of the securities portfolio managed by Ensign Peak, the Church approved Ensign Peak’s plan of using other entities, instead of Ensign Peak, to file Forms 13F. The Church was concerned that disclosure of the assets in the name of Ensign Peak, a known Church affiliate, would lead to negative consequences in light of the size of the Church’s portfolio. Ensign Peak did not have the authority to implement this approach without the approval of the Church’s First Presidency.
Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism. Top to bottom. Prophet to shilling idiot.

- Doc
I have no problem with you quoting the whole section that you’ve posted.

Regards,
MG
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:10 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:18 pm

Notice dopey MG tries to shift blame for his post to Jesus Christ himself! You can’t make this up.

Also, Dr. Steuss. That’ll never happen. MG only claims to read, but he doesn’t read. This is a well-established fact. He can handle little exchanges, but anything that actually requires more than a paragraph isn’t happening. How many times has he posted sources that contradict the point he believed he was making, because he never actually read his sources? Two decades of this bozo shilling for his corporate overlords, and if there’s one thing you can take to the bank is that MG doesn’t read - he skims, at best, and he certainly doesn’t damned read source material.

- Doc
Jesus taught about the wheat and the chaff. I’m simply making application to what might be happening in today’s world with those that stay in the church vs. leave.

Think what you will in regards to how much or how thoroughly I’ve read. I can’t stop you from pointing accusing fingers.

Regards,
MG
Yeah, no crap. You were and are talking about people, and you yourself used the term “chaff.” Good Lord, do you ever take responsibility for yourself? And on top of it you’re shilling for men who robbed you blind and hid their deeds from you. You’re a muppet, and the COB has their hand firmly up your backside.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

27. Each Form 13F filed in the name of a Clone LLC misstated that the LLC had sole
investment discretion for the securities listed, that there were no other managers for these
securities, and that the Clone LLC had sole voting discretion over these securities. Even though the
IMAs stated that Ensign Peak had delegated investment discretion, Ensign Peak continued to
manage the entire portfolio and at all times maintained investment and voting discretion over all
the securities listed in the Forms 13F.
28. Each Form 13F was signed by the designated Business Manager. The signature
page stated, “The institutional investment manager filing this report and the person by whom it is
signed hereby represent . . . that all information contained herein is true, correct and complete[.]”
However, Ensign Peak provided the Business Managers with insufficient information about the
Clone LLCs or the securities assigned to them that would enable the Business Managers to make
this representation. When Ensign Peak obtained the Business Managers’ signatures for the Forms
13F, Ensign Peak gave the Business Managers only the signature pages of the Forms 13F and not
the complete documents. In addition, the Forms 13F were often filed with electronic signatures
before Ensign Peak actually obtained the Business Managers’ handwritten signatures.
29. Each Form 13F also misstated that the Business Manager signed the Form 13F
from the address listed on the signature page. In fact, all Business Managers were located in Salt
Lake City, and the addresses on the forms were used to convey the impression that the Clone LLCs
were located across the country
It's so difficult approaching any meaningful conversation when there's no common ground on basic ethics and morals.

This level of blatant, calculated, and perpetual dishonesty is anything but "benign."
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:43 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:

Jesus taught about the wheat and the chaff. I’m simply making application to what might be happening in today’s world with those that stay in the church vs. leave.

Think what you will in regards to how much or how thoroughly I’ve read. I can’t stop you from pointing accusing fingers.

Regards,
MG
Yeah, no crap. You were and are talking about people, and you yourself used the term “chaff.” Good Lord, do you ever take responsibility for yourself? And on top of it you’re shilling for men who robbed you blind and hid their deeds from you. You’re a muppet, and the COB has their hand firmly up your backside.

- Doc
Think what you will.

Regards,
MG
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:41 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:36 pm
damned MG. Here’s the whole para:

Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism. Top to bottom. Prophet to shilling idiot.

- Doc

Regards,
MG
You should’ve done that in the first place, but we also can see plainly why you chose to only quote the bit you did. It’s because you’re a dopey muppet shill. Gross.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:44 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:41 pm

Regards,
MG
You should’ve done that in the first place, but we also can see plainly why you chose to only quote the bit you did. It’s because you’re a dopey muppet shill. Gross.

- Doc
No. It was to show that there wasn’t some kind of nefarious intent. That the Brethren’s motivations were benign in respect to the members of the church.

Earlier someone said that their motivation is all about profits.

I then asked “why”.

No answer was forthcoming.

The prevailing opinion here is that there was some kind of evil intent or motivation involved in this whole thing.

I again would ask, why?

Simple and raw power and dominion? I really don’t think so. I think the actual reasoning was given in my earlier quote from Roger Clarke.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:44 pm
…you’re a dopey muppet shill.
Think what you will.

Regards,
MG
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
27. Each Form 13F filed in the name of a Clone LLC misstated that the LLC had sole
investment discretion for the securities listed, that there were no other managers for these
securities, and that the Clone LLC had sole voting discretion over these securities. Even though the
IMAs stated that Ensign Peak had delegated investment discretion, Ensign Peak continued to
manage the entire portfolio and at all times maintained investment and voting discretion over all
the securities listed in the Forms 13F.
28. Each Form 13F was signed by the designated Business Manager. The signature
page stated, “The institutional investment manager filing this report and the person by whom it is
signed hereby represent . . . that all information contained herein is true, correct and complete[.]”
However, Ensign Peak provided the Business Managers with insufficient information about the
Clone LLCs or the securities assigned to them that would enable the Business Managers to make
this representation. When Ensign Peak obtained the Business Managers’ signatures for the Forms
13F, Ensign Peak gave the Business Managers only the signature pages of the Forms 13F and not
the complete documents. In addition, the Forms 13F were often filed with electronic signatures
before Ensign Peak actually obtained the Business Managers’ handwritten signatures.
29. Each Form 13F also misstated that the Business Manager signed the Form 13F
from the address listed on the signature page. In fact, all Business Managers were located in Salt
Lake City, and the addresses on the forms were used to convey the impression that the Clone LLCs
were located across the country
It's so difficult approaching any meaningful conversation when there's no common ground on basic ethics and morals.

This level of blatant, calculated, and perpetual dishonesty is anything but "benign."
LDS church wrote:We have worked with the SEC for years to come to this settlement.
So, apparently when presented with evidence of an issue with the structuring of the entities, the church - or, rather, the First Presidency - did not immediately come clean and fix the problem.

Am I reading this correctly?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Post by Morley »

MG 2.0 wrote:

I want to sincerely thank you for being here to represent the Church, MG. They could not have a more appropriate spokesperson. You truly mirror the full level of morality, empathy, and intellectual rigor found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

malkie wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:09 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:

LDS church wrote:We have worked with the SEC for years to come to this settlement.
So, apparently when presented with evidence of an issue with the structuring of the entities, the church - or, rather, the First Presidency - did not immediately come clean and fix the problem.

Am I reading this correctly?
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Not that that scripture will move the needle for anyone …

- Doc