doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Xenophon
God

Re: Shocking NEW study compares male virginity to wealth inequality. Researcher says the unequal distribution is a threa

Post by Xenophon »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:36 pm
You’re a wise man, my friend. I hope the younger ones in your life take your advice to heart.

- Doc
I think it is less wisdom and more, one part "standing on the shoulders of giants" and one part "too much time spent not heeding this advice myself". Or maybe that is all wisdom really is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

To your linked article, I do really feel for the younger generations. I'm sure some of my worry for them is just the standard cycle of older being uncertain if we are preparing younger for life but it feels different now than it did even just 10ish years ago. Not so ironically the thing that was supposed to bring us together (the internet) and connect us all so well appears to be a the root of so much of our self isolation.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Don't trust a man because he'll show you his penis

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:01 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:55 pm

:roll:

To reduce loneliness. Less loneliness = less violence.

How do we reduce the number of lonely men?

1. Allow young men in their early 20s to talk to younger women (16 to 18). That will increase the number of single women in their 20s and the sex ratio would be more even.

2. Tell people to have more realistic expectations. A lot of women want to be with the top guys. Read the paper I shared.
Wow.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 6:53 pm
Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:49 am
Agreed. It's almost as though they've been hypnotized/indoctrinated beyond the point of no return. They are off the deep end without a life preserver.

Essentially, they've been told to “F” themselves, and they can't remove their dicks from their own asses because they they've been told it feels too good.

Sir, aren't you interested in ways to help reduce violence? I thought you cared about your daughter.

"Sociologists typically argue that violence increases when the sex ratio is male-biased because of the large pool of unmarried men (the group most prone to violence)."
https://www.newscientist.com/article/mg ... 20violence).

Guess what, there are a lot more single men in their 20s than single women in their 20s.
You didn't read your link, did you. The 'typical' argument is wrong, and the article explains why. Here's the author of the paper it's discussing.
It is true that most perpetrators and victims of violence are men. “It isn’t surprising that arguments of more men leading to more violence dominate discussions, this could create such an effect,” said Ryan Schacht, a co-author of the paper and doctoral researcher at UC Davis.

“But the evidence does not support a relationship between violence and a short supply of women,” he said.

https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/male-domin ... study-says
Its not hard to figure out why you made that mistake though, and why you linked it to a subtle threat about someone's daughter. It's a common assumption in misogynistic incel thought.
Last edited by Marcus on Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:09 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:01 pm

Wow.
Yep. And getting creepier by the year. If that's even possible.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:19 pm

Its not hard to figure out why you made that mistake though, and why you linked it to a subtle threat about someone's daughter. It's a common assumption in misogynistic incel thought.
I made that mistake because there's a lot of research supporting that. It's not an assumption, I'll come back with the references.

Marcus wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:21 pm
Society not allowing men in their early 20s to talk to younger women does increase loneliness. Just compare the 60s to today.
It's your fault that the loneliness epidemic exists. :lol:
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:49 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:19 pm

I made that mistake because there's a lot of research supporting that. It's not an assumption, I'll come back with the references.

Marcus wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:21 pm
Society not allowing men in their early 20s to talk to younger women does increase loneliness. Just compare the 60s to today.
It's your fault that the loneliness epidemic exists. :lol:
Keep documenting your misogynist-intel thought. You're painting quite the picture.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:09 pm

Society in Mexico and Europe doesn't have a problem with young men in their early 20s talking to younger women. That's a big reason why loneliness is less prevalent in those places.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

You've spent all this time thinking and studying about possible solutions and answers to your woes, received some awesome advice from countless posters over the years, and the best you can come up with is... *checks notes*... grooming minors?!
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:51 pm
Keep documenting your misogynist-intel thought. You're painting quite the picture.

:roll: You are crazy, but sure, I'll keep sharing the papers. You ignore most of the papers I share.
Do you think something is going to happen to me by sharing the papers? :lol:

There's no doubt you are a horrible person and you are wasting my time.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Xenophon wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:54 pm
checks notes*... grooming minors?!
Jesus Christ! It's legal in most states for a guy in his early 20s to talk to a 16-year-old. It's legal in most states and countries.

Legal in Europe, legal in Mexico, legal in most of Asia, legal in Russia, and legal in most of human history.

The world is not Utah, what the hell is wrong with you people?

I am not saying that a man in his 40s should talk to women under 20, I am saying that young men in their early 20s should talk to younger women.

You guys are full of crap, I am out of here.