FOX NEWS IS A DISGRACE

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: FOX NEWS IS A DISGRACE

Post by canpakes »

AtlanticMachine,

If you step away from Fox ‘News’ long enough, you might find out that there’s a big difference between popular and factual.

Good luck. : )
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Ratings!

All this proves is that FOX News' audience is addicted even more to lies and propaganda than ever before. The mere fact that no one watches FOX News during the day when their "hard news" folks are reporting is proof that they're not interested in news. They're interested in being entertained, which is why The Five is the most watched among their various angertainment shows.

None of this changes the fact that FOX lies and does so willingly and idiots like you suck it up because neither of you are interested in what's true, you're only interested in fueling your hate machine.

Also, only 31% of FOX viewers are under the age of 50 and only 9% are under the age of 30!

This is the range where advertisers pay the most because the retired old farts aren't the ones going out buying things anymore. This is why FOX advertisers are aimed at that group (My Pillow! Reverse Mortgages, Sonic Ear etc).

By contrast CNN's viewers are much younger and while they have fewer viewers, the advertisers pay more for them.

57% of CNN viewers are under the age of 50 and 20% are under 30.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... y-and-age/

Also, FOX has no real competition as the primary Right Wing channel, so it pretty much has that market cornered. Anyone who is Right leaning is going to watch them no matter what. Meanwhile CNN is a far more objective and balanced network which means it has to compete with MSNBC, HLN, ABC, CBS, NBC, NPR, NewsNation, BBC, etc. That means anyone with a functioning brain who cares about what's actual news is going to be watching one of those networks and so when you add the viewership totals they far surpass the number that FOX claims.
Last edited by Vēritās on Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

333043108_1988751888174006_5601808633344670593_n.jpg
333043108_1988751888174006_5601808633344670593_n.jpg (76.21 KiB) Viewed 383 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:25 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:10 pm
Capitalism unchecked kills again!
Trump and his administration do indeed deserve blame and condemnation for reversing that regulation (and a lot of other vital safety and health related regulations) but the Biden administration has been in power for more than 2 years now. Why the delay in reinstating that and other vital and commonsense regulations that Trump foolishly and callously reversed?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

fox keeps his mind on a very short chain and sticks him in the rear with a hot poker. He thinks that burst of anger energy from the poke is freedom. I feel free free free .
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Seems as though Fox is the video fentanyl of many right-wing mindsets.

Like physical fentanyl, though, I don’t think that it being more popular than some other mind altering consumable - nor the fact that addicts need it more than non-addicts - necessarily makes fentanyl a good thing.
: D
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hmm. Murdoch-owned NY Post is propping up Murdoch-owned Fox News.

Not sure if smarter folks eschewing cable news while the older geriatrics flock to Fox to get their daily dose of rage says much in favor of Fox, but this is clearly a topic that has been bothering the Fox addicts. ; )
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:13 pm
Trump and his administration do indeed deserve blame and condemnation for reversing that regulation (and a lot of other vital safety and health related regulations) but the Biden administration has been in power for more than 2 years now. Why the delay in reinstating that and other vital and commonsense regulations that Trump foolishly and callously reversed?
Buttigieg claims his Department was constrained by whatever:
We’re constrained by law on some areas of rail regulation (like the braking rule withdrawn by the Trump administration in 2018 because of a law passed by Congress in 2015)
I guess it has something to do with a ‘discredited’ analysis that he didn’t feel needed to be reviewed or redone. Weak. And now Ohioans are paying the price for Trump’s venality combined with Pete’s … milqutoastiness?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Fox News anchor Howard Kurtz said he is upset because FOX won't allow him to report on the major news story about FOX's lawsuit with Dominion.

I guess exposing their viewers to the truth on that would hurt their stock price again. So much for their war against censorship.

Compare this to CNN reporting on their own lawsuit with Nick Sandmann. A case in which they decided to settle out of court instead of fighting it to the end. The probably would have won that lawsuit, as Sandmann went on to sue other outlets and lost in court.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 12:21 am
Gunnar wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:13 pm
Buttigieg claims his Department was constrained by whatever:
We’re constrained by law on some areas of rail regulation (like the braking rule withdrawn by the Trump administration in 2018 because of a law passed by Congress in 2015)
I guess it has something to do with a ‘discredited’ analysis that he didn’t feel needed to be reviewed or redone. Weak. And now Ohioans are paying the price for Trump’s venality combined with Pete’s … milqutoastiness?

- Doc
One of the first segments I saw on this matter a week ago had an expert talking about how when something like this happens it is first the local state governments that address it. The Feds don't just jump into, there is apparently a legal process in which they get involved but it happens only when the state requests that they do. I'm guessing that's what he was referring to about constraints.
Federal authorities were almost immediately alerted to the derailment and the fact that 20 of the 149 cars on the train were carrying hazardous materials, and within hours officials from the Environmental Protection Agency, the National Transportation Safety Board and other agencies arrived on-site. By Saturday afternoon, federal and state officials had begun testing the air and municipal water, detecting no concerning levels of contaminants.

“Anybody that lives on these streets, the air as of right now is still fine. Our drinking water is still fine,” East Palestine Mayor Trent Conaway told reporters. But somewhat ominously, he added, “It’s a very — I don’t want to say dangerous situation — it’s very volatile situation and could turn into a dangerous situation if things don’t happen the way they should.”

The next day, Biden called Mike DeWine, Ohio’s Republican governor, to say the federal government was prepared to provide any additional assistance he might need. For more than a week, DeWine did not call back with such requests, saying the situation was under control.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... ture-wars/