Making Covenants

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
MG 2.0
God

Re: Making Covenants

Post by MG 2.0 »

IHAQ wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:39 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:21 am

I didn’t want to hold off on mentioning the book in case there are those…not you, of course…who might want to pick up the book and read it.

It’s a work in process. I have a whole stack of books I’m muddling my way through.
:lol: yeah, sure. I’m guessing you’ll be distracted by all those other things and won’t get further than the free sample content on Amazon.
20D66A40-33B3-45F0-AD15-A8088C22E778.jpeg
20D66A40-33B3-45F0-AD15-A8088C22E778.jpeg (26.79 KiB) Viewed 251 times
Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:58 am

Are you having a personal relationship with God if you require a middle manager to deliver your tasks and manage your performance?
I think so, yes. To the first part of your question. I can have a personal relationship with God. The prophet, however, doesn’t manage the tasks. That’s between me and God. The prophets do act as an intermediary in initiating correct ordinances and covenants.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

[inaccurate paraphrase deleted - please do not include anything within a quote that doesn’t accurately represent the quoted person’s words. RI]

Message received.

Thanks,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

IHAQ wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:37 am
MG 2.0 wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 11:45 pm

Sure.

1. The New and Everlasting Covenant is the sum total of all gospel covenants and obligations.
2. The greatest blessings we receive from God all focus on strengthening our relationship with Him until our bond has grown so strong that we can be with Him because we have become like Him. This blessing is given within a certain context. Covenant making and covenant keeping.
3. Covenants are inextricably connected with God’s love for us. He wants to bind us to him. He wants us to belong to Him. That can only happen as we covenant to become more like Him through obedience to His law and commandments. It can happen in no other way.

These are ideas that are reinforced or added to just in the first nine pages. I expect to come across many other pearls of wisdom from the author as I continue reading. If you read it, come back and we can share more thoughts/insights. 🙂
As you know, you haven’t addressed what I actually said. Are you really saying that those are three things that learnt from Mulestain’s book that you hadn’t previously thought about? Not in Primary, Sunday School, Seminary etc?

I also asked for three quotes from the book to support those things, and which weren’t available within the Amazon sample. Your lack of response to that suggests what we all suspect. You haven’t got the book and you haven’t read any more than what is freely available. Stop being cheap. Buy the book, actually read it, it is your thread after all…
The bold faced words highlight special meaning that I hadn’t really emphasized in my own mind before. As you know, reading the way that others express themselves, even on the same subject that you may have studied before, can emphasize certain things that help and bring new insights to your mind.

I expect that will continue to be the case as I move through the book. And now you know what the cover looks like.🙂

By the way, I think I’ve asked you a question or two that you haven’t answered.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:55 pm
When you get into double digit pages, be sure to share.
I may do that! Thanks for taking a continued interest. 👍

You know, you could just read the book.😉

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:58 am

Earlier, you asked why one should expect that any version of God would or should directly communicate with an individual that God wanted to covenant with. You’re suggesting that the LDS God should instead - or is limited to - converse(ing) with only about a dozen or so mortal top dogs in a particular church, all of whom will then supposedly go out and do the exact same task that God supposedly can’t or won’t do - that being, to deliver, discuss, and agree to a covenant with any number of individuals.

If covenants are simply contemporary commandments, then there’s no difference in effort between telling one individual, or 15, or 8 billion, the exact same message (‘covenant’). If they are instead personal to the individual, then it is nonsensical to assume that the dozen or so mortal leadership members of a particular church are capable of doing the task that God can’t or won’t do, and that they’ll get it right every time.
Yes, in answer to your first paragraph.

I disagree with what you’re saying in the second paragraph. Additionally, evidence seems to show that the line upon line, precept upon precept formula is activated when needed.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Feb 26, 2023 5:58 am

And yet, the shill just spams away. Week after week, despite the master classes that have been afforded him here. He doesn’t read. He doesn’t care. He just blithely scrolls past posts, and repeats himself like the dumb damned muppet he is.

- Doc
Here is the actual context of something Doc said earlier. Everything he said is a lie and innuendo.

Regards,
MG
MG 2.0
God

Post by MG 2.0 »

IHAQ wrote:
You haven’t got the book and you haven’t read any more than what is freely available. Stop being cheap. Buy the book, actually read it, it is your thread after all…
Will you retract this and apologize?

In the picture I recently provided are you now going to say that the thumb which you see is not mine? :lol:

Like I said, the book was a gift I received at Christmas.

Regards,
MG
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Hey … I know that thumb.
Attachments
0B883449-EC35-4692-B680-E2FFDFE65BDC.jpeg
0B883449-EC35-4692-B680-E2FFDFE65BDC.jpeg (36.22 KiB) Viewed 235 times
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:51 pm
IHAQ wrote:
You haven’t got the book and you haven’t read any more than what is freely available. Stop being cheap. Buy the book, actually read it, it is your thread after all…
Will you retract this and apologize?

In the picture I recently provided are you now going to say that the thumb which you see is not mine? :lol:

Like I said, the book was a gift I received at Christmas.

Regards,
MG
You still haven't posted those quotes from the book you claim is in your possession that have led you to those 3 "new" thoughts about covenants. Shouldn't be difficult as it's right there in front of you. Waiting...