doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: New CNN report! I can't believe CNN had the guts to admit that women are too "picky". Warns of the consequences.

Post by doubtingthomas »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:43 pm
Well, that was quick.
How do we end loneliness?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
canpakes
God

Re: New CNN report! I can't believe CNN had the guts to admit that women are too "picky". Warns of the consequences.

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:52 pm
canpakes wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:43 pm
Well, that was quick.
How do we end loneliness?
You don’t. You can only avoid it, or reject it, or find an alternative to what you think that you need.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:41 pm
I'll give this board one more chance
How very generous of you.

LDSFaqs 2.0
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:34 pm
However, to end misogyny it's necessary to end loneliness first.
No. It is absolutely not necessary. This is an utterly nonsensical argument.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:03 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:34 pm
However, to end misogyny it's necessary to end loneliness first.
To end men thinking women should do what men want, women need to do what men want…
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
You quoted, "Men who fail to attach to partners .... often grow bitter and seek volatility and unrest. They’re more susceptible to fringe theories and they over-index on online forums filled with conspiracy theories, misogynistic content and misinformation."

Misogynists won't stop being Misogynists by spiritually being born again. You have a magical way of thinking.

It's like telling a man who's starving not to break any laws. :lol:

It's clear you don't understand human psychology and human nature.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:07 pm

To end men thinking women should do what men want, women need to do what men want…

:roll:

No, just end the loneliness. Make them all gay if you want, but do something about the loneliness.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:10 pm
Marcus wrote:
You quoted, "Men who fail to attach to partners .... often grow bitter and seek volatility and unrest. They’re more susceptible to fringe theories and they over-index on online forums filled with conspiracy theories, misogynistic content and misinformation."

Misogynists won't stop being Misogynists by spiritually being born again. You have a magical way of thinking.

It's like telling a man who's starving not to break any laws. :lol:

It's clear you don't understand human psychology and human nature.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

canpakes wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:53 pm

You don’t. You can only avoid it, or reject it, or find an alternative to what you think that you need.
There are several proposals, including the ones I just mentioned.

I don't care if you try to make all men gay, but at least try to do something to end loneliness.

Open your eyes.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:11 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:07 pm

:roll:

No, just end the loneliness. Make them all gay if you want, but do something about the loneliness.
Is there something preventing men from joining clubs, playing sports/games, having hobbies that involve others, volunteering, joining social groups, attending events, developing relationships with family members, etc.?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:15 pm
Is there something preventing men from joining clubs, playing sports/games, having hobbies that involve others, volunteering, joining social groups, attending events?
Yes, no friends. You'll look like a creep if you go to a bar alone.

Why can't schools teach young people to have more realistic expectations when looking for a partner? Why doesn't society allow young men in their early 20s to talk to younger women? I guess men in their early 20s can also talk to 40 year olds.
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:15 pm
developing relationships with family members, etc.?
True, but families now are smaller than ever before.