doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Laundrie was a 'mental and emotional bully'

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:30 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:29 pm

The depth of the derangement is spooky.
#5. Men are more likely to think they are in a relationship, some women may persevere it as just a friendship, according to the research.

Anyways, Res Ipsa, I told you I'll shut up if you give me an explanation for this, I'll give you my word

Anyways, I'll shut up if you give me an explanation for this.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 5:04 am
This paper controls for several variables (such as unemployment, living with parents, and so on) and still concludes that young men who were born after the year 2000 are having less sex.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8649100/
Or at least explain the damning fact that being over 23 is considered a "risk factor" of GM, and that the risk of diabetes increases the longer women wait to have babies.
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:59 pm
I hope you mods see where this is headed. DT needs an immediate intervention, deep therapy, and to be deplatformed for his own good.

- Doc
Sure, blame it all on me.
No, you won’t. We’ve watched your obsession with f-ing young women for a long time. You finally got your wish and screwed a 17 year old. But you can’t stop obsessing. You can’t let go. You obsess over the fact that women choose to “F” a scumbag. You are seething with resentment over choices that millions of strangers make about who they choose to “F”. You can’t accept the simple fact that who people choose to “F” is their choice and that you get no say in it.

If you don’t want to end up like the “Perfect Gentlemen,” you need to get help. You can’t feed and build the kind of resentment you are building against women without ruining your life and, perhaps, the lives of others.

You are not the nice guy you’re telling yourself you are. A nice guy sees women as people first. He respects that, just like him, they have autonomy over who they have friendships, romantic relationships and sex with. A nice guy doesn’t tell women who they should have sex with. And he doesn’t suggest instituting a government sponsored propaganda campaign to try to persuade girls to have sex with who he decides they should have sex with.

A nice guy doesn’t try and hold women responsible for the bad acts of men. The statements that you are making about young women come down to: I know you don’t want to “F” me, but if you don’t, I’ll beat and rape you. If I do that, it’s your fault for not having sex with me.

That’s not being a nice guy. That’s being a misogynist who tells himself he is a nice guy to try and relieve the discomfort of cognitive dissonance.

Personally, I think you’re a bright young guy who is perfectly capable of living a happy life. But you’re a long ways down a road that leads to no place good. And I’d really hate to see you end up where it leads.

Needing help is not a defect or weakness. There are simply things that brains do that nobody can deal with alone. One of my kids was diagnosed with OCD last year. They’ve always been anxious, but no one recognized the compulsive part of their behavior. And so I learned how hellish their life has been without any of us knowing. We’re talking about then enrolling in an intensive OCD treatment program, 6-8 weeks, three days a week, 8 hours a day. Whatever it takes. Nobody deserves to live with the hell they’ve been living with.

You know what their compulsive ritualizing is? Researching and seeking reassurance. Turns out, that’s a known and recognized form of compulsive ritualizing. And your research and desperate seeking of agreement from people here look kinda familiar to me.

But I’m not a professional, so go see one. Show the professional your threads over time about young women and sex. Talk to them about why you spend so much time both reading about this topic and trying to persuade others to agree with you. Tell them people are calling you out as a misogynist and that you don’t want to be a misogynist. That you don’t want to think or talk like a misogynist.

I hope you listen. I hope you will find someone to help you stop obsessing over the sex lives of strangers and just enjoy your own life instead.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:24 pm
canpakes wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:05 pm
The same fellow that you introduced us to in your earlier post speaks to the problem in the video linked below, and not once does he mention choosy women as a significant driver of the issue, or at all.
I shared a lot of studies in the past showing that young women are very picky about looks.
So, let me get this straight. You’re very picky about looks, having fixated on the idea of finding someone ‘young and beautiful’. But women aren’t allowed to be picky in return?

canpakes wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:05 pm
Setting aside for a moment the unrealistic bias of this remark - and barring any sort of mind-control ray being used to cause women to ‘think different’ and to want the men that you or someone else wants them to like - how do you propose to change the current selection process?
Teach young people to have more realistic expectations. Women don't have to be very picky about looks because they'll eventually stop caring anyway. It's a well-research fact that should be taught in public schools.
Who should be doing this training of people to be ‘less picky’?

Is Andrew Tate going to suddenly be posting vids about how he hangs out with ‘totally average’ women? Is he part of the problem? Are you?

canpakes wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:09 pm
Well, some folks blame gay night clubs for hurricanes, so you might as well jump on in there with your own crazy claims.
Didn't I just tell you not to insult my intelligence? The fact that women are waiting longer to have babies does increase the risk of diabetes.

Butt of course, you probably think the sugar causes diabetes. :lol:
Waiting longer to have babies is not the same as not being in a relationship. Plenty of married folks wait to have kids. Raising kids is expensive, and young couples aren’t always flush with cash, right?

I don’t think that I’m ‘insulting your intelligence’ by pointing out some shortcomings in your reasoning.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:24 pm
A nice guy doesn’t try and hold women responsible for the bad acts of men. The statements that you are making about young women come down to: I know you don’t want to “F” me, but if you don’t, I’ll beat and rape you. If I do that, it’s your fault for not having sex with me.
Change it to: "I know you don’t want to “F” me, but if you don’t, the assholes you like will treat you like crap!". Had Petito dated someone like me, she would've still been alive!

Res Ipsa wrote:

Needing help is not a defect or weakness. There are simply things that brains do that nobody can deal with alone. One of my kids was diagnosed with OCD last year. They’ve always been anxious, but no one recognized the compulsive part of their behavior. And so I learned how hellish their life has been without any of us knowing. We’re talking about then enrolling in an intensive OCD treatment program, 6-8 weeks, three days a week, 8 hours a day. Whatever it takes. Nobody deserves to live with the hell they’ve been living with.
I am sorry to hear that.

I am sure you'll feel differently when your kid is in his 20s if things don't change here in the US.
Res Ipsa wrote:
No, you won’t. We’ve watched your obsession with f-ing young women for a long time. You finally got your wish and screwed a 17 year old.
I haven't talked about women in their late teens in a very long time. I used to say "My preference is 18 to 22", I have not said that in years. I am happy to have dated a 17 year old and I no longer feel the need to date a virgin.

canpakes wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:48 pm

So, let me get this straight. You’re very picky about looks, having fixated on the idea of finding someone ‘young and beautiful’. But women aren’t allowed to be picky in return?
I'll praise the women who are very picky about looks, as long as they never stop caring about good looks.
It's a good thing to have high standards, but so sad to lower your standards later in life.

Anyways, is it really that bad to tell women not to date a Laundrie?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Get. Help. Now.
he/him

doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:

No, you won’t.
I'll shut up when you explain the study.

Res Ipsa wrote:
I hope you listen. I hope you will find someone to help you stop obsessing over the sex lives of strangers and just enjoy your own life instead.
Yes, I am tired of that. I'll stop talking about this very soon.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:54 pm
Get. Help. Now.
As I said, "Yes, I am tired of that. I'll stop talking about this very soon."

However, I don't understand why it's so bad to talk about the problems in society.

And why doesn't society allow young men in their early 20s to talk to younger women?
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:54 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:

No, you won’t.
I'll shut up when you explain the study.

Res Ipsa wrote:
Yes, I am tired of that. I'll stop talking about this very soon.
No, you won’t. You can’t. Not without help.
he/him

doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:56 pm
No, you won’t. You can’t. Not without help.
I will soon, watch me.

But at least acknowledge that I've made some good points, I'll stop talking about this faster when you finally have the guts to admit it.

You can't deny that

1) The risk of GDM and Diabetes increases when women have babies later in life.
2) There's a correlation between loneliness and misogyny.
3) Loneliness isn't good for the mental health of people. Men are less likely to have friends.
4) Nobody is telling young women not to be too picky about looks. They'll eventually stop caring about looks according to the research.
5) Less men are going to be lonely when young men in their early 20s are allowed to talk to younger women.

Let me ask you something. What laws were created after WW2 to fight the loneliness epidemic of women at the time? There were more single women than single men after WW2.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Get. Help. Now.
he/him

doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:04 am
Get. Help. Now.
Alright, I will. But do you agree that some of the points I've made are valid?

And can we talk about History after WW2?