doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: New CNN report! I can't believe CNN had the guts to admit that women are too "picky". Warns of the consequences.

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:58 pm
No, just end the loneliness. Make them all gay if you want, but do something about the loneliness.
Doubting Thomas loneliness can be a blessing. Trust me. You don't want to be married on her terms. Have you never been in an abusive relationship or even just a relationship? I don't understand why it has taken you this long to figure out that you're better off on your own.
I should add, DT, that if you want to live a life consumed by anger and resentment, comforted only by the belief that your wrathful God will take revenge on those you despise, Ajax will probably be willing to coach you for much less than a therapist will charge. Me, I'm going with live a happy life, but it's your call.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Laundrie was a 'mental and emotional bully'

Post by Res Ipsa »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:45 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:02 pm

Thomas, loneliness is a real problem for people. It is no joke. It is also true that there are some dark negative hallways whose door can be opened by loneliness. It is important to decide not to go through those doors or if started to turn around and get out of the bad pathways.
Good thought, huckelberry.
Yup
he/him

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:52 pm
However, would you acknowledge that long-term loneliness can cause a lot of young men to be misogynist?
I don't think this is fact. While loneliness can exacerbate or channel someone's misogyny, it doesn't cause it. If you have a problem seeing other human beings as individual human beings, that is deeper than feeling lonely. Correlation isn't causation.

Franky, misogynistic views are baked in much the same way racial biases get baked in. Trying to mitigate them through accommodating the misogyny is putting the burden on the wrong side of the issue.
Marcus
God

Re: Child Abuse. It's not that bad? News Updated: February 28, 2023

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:

Several studies recommend that women should have babies before age 23.

For example https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 20-00859-8
no, your one single example does not recommend that.

And once again, your topics show where you get your ideas. This latest set is just another expression of the entitlement you think you're owed, and is well described here:
...want the world to pity them as decent men who have been cruelly denied sex by too-picky women who reject them for the tiniest of physical flaws. This is absurd in itself, but it’s made even more absurd by the fact that incels themselves tend to be pickier about women than any mythical Chad-chasing Stacy.

Incels don’t just want sex with any woman; they feel that they’re owed sex with women “in their prime” — that is, young, conventionally attractive, relatively thin and, oh, did I mention young? That is, not women at all but teenage girls?

Incels — not all of them but a lot — exalt “teenage love” over all other forms of love and sex. And if they don’t get “teenage love” when they they themselves are teenagers, they think they deserve it as adults. The very thought that a man in, say, his thirties should be having sex with “old” women close to his own age fills them with rage....
https://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2019 ... New Testament-page-2/
Another pretty obvious match to your manner of posting. You try to dress things up with "research" but your misinterpretations and the inevitable redirect toward your favorite subject (you deserve sex and society should make young women comply) belie you.

You need to read other things.
Last edited by Marcus on Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
So, when is the best time for women to have babies?
When they choose to.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

doubtingthomas wrote:

So, when is the best time for women to have babies?
When she chooses to and hopefully not with a man who is a case of learned helplessness.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:43 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
However, would you acknowledge that long-term loneliness can cause a lot of young men to be misogynist?
I don't think this is fact. While loneliness can exacerbate or channel someone's misogyny, it doesn't cause it. If you have a problem seeing other human beings as individual human beings, that is deeper than feeling lonely. Correlation isn't causation.

Franky, misogynistic views are baked in much the same way racial biases get baked in. Trying to mitigate them through accommodating the misogyny is putting the burden on the wrong side of the issue.
DT’s goal-oriented misuse of causation could be a whole separate thread. I’m not aware of any evidence that loneliness is either a necessary or sufficient cause of misogyny. It does, however, function as a convenient rationalization for it.
he/him

doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:04 pm

When she chooses to and hopefully not with a man who is a case of learned helplessness.
Shouldn't medical doctors have a say?

"Diabetes in U.S. children expected to increase at 'alarming' rates" Updated: Feb 6, 2023
"Rates also are on the upswing in children because of an increase in gestational diabetes"
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/he ... 886300007/

According to this meta-analysis, the optimal age for " primiparas is younger than 23 years old. A study in Finland also suggested that primiparity should be encouraged at a younger age"
https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 20-00859-8

It's all about the children. Let's throw our pride out the window. There's too much arrogance here.
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:49 pm
When they choose to.
"F" medical science?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
No. Denial in this context is being willfully blind to some ugly and destructive emotions you are feeling and constructing an elaborate system of reasoning in an attempt to convince yourself that you are justified in clinging to those emotions.
My "ugly" and "destructive" emotions aren't affecting the way I talk to women. I don't hate women. I might have some resentment, forgive me for being a human being, but I don't hate women.
Res Ipsa wrote:
your misogynist views of women
Help me understand, what misogynistic views are you talking about?

I am not allowed to express the opinion that young women should avoid the players and the Laundries? I can't say that looks and charisma aren't the most important things in a man? I am not allowed to say that the number of single men is increasing?

Maybe my "obsession" is all about the fact that I love to talk about controversial topics. I don't talk about climate change here because climate deniers don't have a brain. I am starting to realize that most people here don't have a brain either.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Have you made an appointment yet?
I'll see a doctor for social anxiety.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll: