“Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

“Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Well, friends and colleagues: it turns out that I and others appear to have apparently been wrong about “Peter Pan,” the long-time proprietor of the anti-Heartlander blog, “Neville-Neville Land.” I hope that Stephen Smoot will accept my apology for mistakenly thinking that he was the author. I hope, too, that Smoot was unaware of the racist lying that was behind the claim that “Peter Pan” was a Black man from Birmingham, Alabama. Instead, it turns out that “Peter Pan” is apparently a man from Hurricane, UT, and that he is, in fact, notorious Mopologist Mike Parker.

Why do I think this is so? I encourage you to see for yourself. Go ahead and take a trip over to “Neville-Neville Land”:

https://www.nevillenevilleland.com/2023 ... n.html?m=1

Scroll down to the comments and click on Peter Pan to see his Blogger profile. You should get a message that says:
The Blogger Profile you requested cannot be displayed. Many Blogger users have not yet elected to publicly share their Profile.
But go ahead and copy the URL for this Blogger profile—I.e., this:

https://www.blogger.com/profile/04120374705032268459

And then plug that into the Wayback Machine. If you navigate to the July 2, 2016 record, you’ll get this:

https://web.archive.org/web/20160702043 ... 5032268459

Perhaps this will make the comparison easier to understand:

https://imgur.io/DMykBWc?r

The Blogger profiles for both Mike Parker and “Peter Pan” are identical.

This would thus appear to bring the matter to a conclusion. Except for the matter of trying to blame all of this on a Black man named Richard Nygren. Knowing Mike Parker’s track record (check out his work on SHIELDS, for example), I have little doubt that he would do something like this. As Reverend Kishkumen said: this is one of the most despicable things the Mopologists have ever done. Shame on all of them.
Last edited by Doctor Scratch on Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: “Peter Pan” Unmasked

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Mike Parker. I'm not surprised, but I am a disappointed in his blatant racism. Welcome to mopology, Mike.

It's interesting the great lengths DCP and others went to keep Mike Parker's identity secret. They even went so far as to concoct a strange lie about a black man in Alabama. Shame on you Mike.

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Re: “Peter Pan” is Unmasked as Mike Parker

Post by Doctor Scratch »

I’m sort of amazed at how much of a scumbag Parker has turned out to be. He was always sort of on the margins of Mopologetics, but this is really one of the most egregiously appalling things that any of them have done. He’s going to be remembered forever as a racist liar.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Never a dull moment as the Mope World Turns. In the next episode, DCP revisits a certain video by Jennifer Lopez and has an emotional response ..... :lol: :lol:
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Quite the feat of investigative work, Doctor! Oh what a tangled web, indeed. Mistakes are bound to be made when engaged in such games.

I guess they can all gather round the fireplace at godfather Peterson’s home, open a bottle of Martinelli’s, and chuckle at the hamfisted efforts of Herr Parker.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Dr Moore wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:40 am
Quite the feat of investigative work, Doctor! Oh what a tangled web, indeed. Mistakes are bound to be made when engaged in such games.

I guess they can all gather round the fireplace at godfather Peterson’s home, open a bottle of Martinelli’s, and chuckle at the hamfisted efforts of Herr Parker.
So true. Investigations take twists and turns and sometimes a theory of the case changes of necessity. The point is to get it right and shine a little sunshine on some dark works. Doctor Scratch should be commended for his investigative prowess.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I am relieved to know that my sense of Stephen Smoot’s basic decency was correct. No, he is not the kind of guy who would pretend to be an African American Latter-day Saint.

Unfortunately, it would appear that Mike Parker is. Grotesque, Mike Parker. Once again, we see another example of someone who thinks being Libertarian means freedom from scruples, respect, and good taste. End the charade now, Parker, if you are pretending to be one Richard Nygren, Black Latter-day Saint. You owe a lot of people apologies, for you have poorly represented the faith you claim to care about and defend.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:14 am
He’s going to be remembered forever as a racist liar.
If he is remembered for anything.

He probably won’t be widely remembered for much of anything, but I think the Master Timeline of Mopologetics will keep this infamy alive here at DM, at the very least.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

What I can't believe is how utterly selfish the principle architect of a certain Mormon-themed blog is. Here is this marginal, down-and-out guy with bad shoes going to war for the Old Guard and really putting himself on the line with his outlandish attacks on fellow believers. So what if some people thought it was Smoot? That's a good position to be in because if it ever became a real problem, Smoot can just say -- hey, really, it's not me. But until then, the real perp is covered. But this one blog architect is so utterly obsessed with being right about everything, he can't let it go. So on and on, even about something as unimportant as this, everyone has to know that he is "in the know": "Nuh uh, you guys are wrong! It isn't Steve, I know. I'm in the know. Me, me, me. The people saying it's Steve are wrong, and I've got to make a big deal about it because I have to be right about everything."

He could have just let it ride and allowed people to be wrong to keep Peter Pan's cover, but instead he's got to be so argumentative about it that some folks step back and say, maybe it's someone else, and then start digging into it.
DrStakhanovite
Elder

Post by DrStakhanovite »

What was the motivation for lying about race? I mean if Neville-Neville Land was some political blog where race can be used to garner authenticity and other kinds of social currency, I can see the motive. How does it factor in when it comes to pulling apart an obscure religious belief that very few people are even aware of, much less care about?