doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Manetho
Valiant B

Re: New CNN report! I can't believe CNN had the guts to admit that women are too "picky". Warns of the consequences.

Post by Manetho »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:55 am
Steering clear of women is the best financial decision a man can make.
I certainly hope you steer clear of women.
Marcus
God

Re: Women eventually stop caring about looks, says Dr. Grande.

Post by Marcus »

I understood your reasoning the first time, and I already addressed my issue with that
Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:54 pm

DT referenced a private communication he received, there was no way for those reading it to know the technical form in which it came;
canpakes
God

Re: New CNN report! I can't believe CNN had the guts to admit that women are too "picky". Warns of the consequences.

Post by canpakes »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:22 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:16 pm
Women do not have a sex drive [...]
Lol.
This is going to be huge news for the better part of the population.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Um, if he is a nice loving alpha male (the qualities are by no means mutually exclusive), why not?

The idea that alpha = nasty, selfish and unloved does not chime with my observations at all.
Because it's a man's job to love and the woman's job to receive love. That's just the order of nature. When he's king of the mountain it's winner take all. When he is dethroned and toppled he's forgotten and falls back into obscurity. It's how we're wired by evolution. Women do not have a sex drive and they're more picky. They rarely chase men. And until someone who is good enough to them shows an interest, they'll choose being single.
I actually screenshot this post for posterity because it’s so incredible. Thank you. : )
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:47 pm
I understood your reasoning the first time, and I already addressed my issue with that
Marcus wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:54 pm

DT referenced a private communication he received, there was no way for those reading it to know the technical form in which it came;
The technical function aspect is only part of what I discussed. I could have administered exactly the same warning through the PM function. Under your application of the rule, I could censor all criticism of warnings and banning simply by choosing which method I use.

To elaborate: an important part of applying the spirit of the rule is considering context. What is the context? UR 3 is completely silent about moderator communications or actions. The rule set is minimal in terms of content based restrictions. Criticism of moderator actions has been specifically ruled "on topic" in threads where moderation action has been taken or someone thinks moderation has not been taken. The moderation philosophy of the board is intended to be less heavy handed than that in MDDB and other forums. Part of the job description of the moderator position is to be subject to criticism by the user base.

Applying UR 3 to moderator actions would be antithetical to almost every significant facet of the board's general philosophy and practice. If I did that, I would not be complying with the spirit of the law.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:05 pm
ajax18 wrote: Because it's a man's job to love and the woman's job to receive love. That's just the order of nature. When he's king of the mountain it's winner take all. When he is dethroned and toppled he's forgotten and falls back into obscurity. It's how we're wired by evolution. Women do not have a sex drive and they're more picky. They rarely chase men. And until someone who is good enough to them shows an interest, they'll choose being single.
I actually screenshot this post for posterity because it’s so incredible. Thank you. : )
Among its incredible aspects, It's a perfect example of "tell me you don't understand the naturalistic fallacy without using the words "naturalistic fallacy."
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:22 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Women do not have a sex drive [...]
Lol.
Lol. Xanax with the hardest cope … lol

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

I had to laugh at wearing a suit is considered more attractive than say wearing a prison jumpsuit.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

1. I am not a huge fan of Dr. Grande.

2. I have criticized him for including offhand jokes about murder cases.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=154311&p=2751503&hi ... s#p2751503

3. Leave my screen name OUT of your thread titles.

4. Stop using my screen name in an effort to legitimize your trash posting and/or bait me.

5. You're on ignore and will stay there until and unless you stop your creepy postings.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:32 pm
Therefore, a lot of women will remain single forever and will never have kids. I don't think women should be too picky in their 20s.
What's wrong with a woman remaining single forever and never having kids if that's what she chooses?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024