doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Women eventually stop caring about looks, says Dr. Grande.

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:16 pm
If it's not asking too much I would like whomever mod to restore the thread title and give DT a chance to do the right thing. Then go from there.

I did the right thing by apologizing. I don't mind changing the name of a thread, you should've told me that you wanted me to change the title.
doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:46 pm
Forgive me, I had no idea you changed your mind about him.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Leave my screen name OUT of your thread titles.
I thought you wanted me to stop creating new threads with your name in the title. You didn't ask me to change the name of this thread.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:34 pm
We don't have a rule against starting similar threads. If we did, we'd spend a significant amount of time consolidating Daniel Peterson and John Dehlin threads.
Exactly! Or threads about Donald Trump, Republicans, Democrats, Fox News, and so on.

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:34 pm
He's unfairly implying that she agrees with DT, but that's not a personal attack.
That's not the case at all. I tried to imply that Dr. Grande is someone that others can trust.

Anyways, thank you for all the work you do. You have a tough job, especially when you have to deal with a lot of complains.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 9:42 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Leave my screen name OUT of your thread titles.
I thought you wanted me to stop creating new threads with your name in the title. You didn't ask me to change the name of this thread.
If you were confused you should have asked for clarification like any decent human would have when confronted with an objection. I told you to leave my screen name out of your thread titles. Is this a thread you titled? Did you put my screen name in it?

Still confused?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ETA: When I stated that I wasn't a huge fan of Dr. Grande any longer on account of the unprofessional jokes he started using in his analysis of murder cases victims/perps, I linked you to a statement of mine that you completely ignored and instead went on to argue with a statement I'd made that predated what I myself linked you to.

You need to learn to play an honest hand and deal with what folks say to you. Not try to manipulate the narrative with outdated "proofs" for your assertions.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:54 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:49 pm
One PhD student who is researching the manosphere said that women are now way pickier than ever before. He also said that the Red Pill has some things right, which is true. Not all of it is wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0omHcJLOtv0
The subtitle of this youtube you posted is
"Manosphere Hot Topics..."
In the transcript there is reference to something about 1978 data, with no verification given.

the hashtags for this video are:
#datingtipsformen #redpill #PlayingWithFire
#datingadvice #datingtips #pickup #flirting #seduction #redpill #datingadviceformen #tindertips #adviceforguys #datingtipsformen #tinderadvice #tinder #textgame #textingtips
The associated description includes this
💻 Get my new Ultimate Dating Blueprint 2.0!
[link removed]

📝 Take the Text Game Quiz and See How Your Texting Skills Stack Up
[link removed]

📔 Get my FREE 25 Page Online Dating eBook
[link removed]

💡 Want me to react to a video? Submit a Tip below:
[link removed]

🎬 Subscribe To Our Clips Channel!

[link removed]

✅ Follow our Socials:
TikTok ▶️ [link removed]
Instagram ▶️ [link removed]

💯 Join Our Forum Community
[link removed]

☑️ Alex is also available for one-on-one coaching.
[link removed]

💬 Leave a comment below if you've enjoyed today's video!

#PlayingWithFire #DatingAdvice #DatingTips
What makes you think this is a 'phd student doing research'?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:30 pm
What makes you think this is a 'phd student doing research'?
Alex is a dating coach. James is his guest, a PhD student.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/james-kunz-35ab8b44
doubtingthomas
God

(Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things

Post by doubtingthomas »

I said I was no longer going to start new threads about these topics, but I want Marcus to be happy, so I'll create one final thread, a Megathread. The mods are free to merge all the other threads here if they want but don't change the name, please.

As for me, this will be my final post on these topics. I'll get therapy, not because there's something wrong with me, but to simply be happier in life. What Res Ipsa said about training my brain to be happier makes a lot of sense.

Here are my final thoughts.

1. A Journalist and anti-sexual violence activist said that women are too picky these days. She acknowledged that most men are unattractive to women. https://youtu.be/rfZEoy0Q3zE?t=1016

2. A PhD student (James) is researching the manosphere. He says that women are a lot picker these days and that the Red Pill is right about some things. I disagree with the Red Pill on most things, but not everything that the Red Pill says is inaccurate.
https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Day-Debate/dp/B08LMLL5ZH

3. According to OkCupid study, 80% of Men are unattractive to women. The study is not scientific and it may be that men are also very picky. However, keep in mind that a lot of models, sex workers, and scammers target men on dating apps, and that skews the data.

In conclusion,

4. I think all the pickiness will contribute to the birth rate crisis in the US. The pickiness will also contribute to the increased incidence of GDM and childhood diabetes. Lastly, all the pickiness is rapidly increasing the number of single women over 40. There's no need for women to be too picky for the wrong reasons, heterosexual women should give good men like me a chance.
doubtingthomas
God

(Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things.

Post by doubtingthomas »

I said I was no longer going to start new threads about these topics, but I want Marcus to be happy, so I'll create one final thread, a Megathread. The mods are free to merge all the other threads here if they want but don't change the name, please.

As for me, this will be my final post on these topics. I'll get therapy, not because there's something wrong with me, but to simply be happier in life. What Res Ipsa said about training my brain to be happier makes a lot of sense.

Here are my final thoughts.

1. A Journalist and anti-sexual violence activist said that women are too picky these days. She acknowledged that most men are unattractive to women. https://youtu.be/rfZEoy0Q3zE?t=1016

2. A PhD student (James) is researching the manosphere. He says that women are a lot picker these days and that the Red Pill is right about some things. I disagree with the Red Pill on most things, but not everything that the Red Pill says is inaccurate.
https://www.amazon.com/Modern-Day-Debate/dp/B08LMLL5ZH

3. According to OkCupid study, 80% of Men are unattractive to women. The study is not scientific and it may be that men are also very picky. However, keep in mind that a lot of models, sex workers, and scammers target men on dating apps, and that skews the data.

In conclusion,

4. I think all the pickiness will contribute to the birth rate crisis in the US. The pickiness will also contribute to the increased incidence of GDM and childhood diabetes. Lastly, all the pickiness is rapidly increasing the number of single women over 40. There's no need for women to be too picky for the wrong reasons, heterosexual women should give good men like me a chance.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things.

Post by doubtingthomas »

Please make it the opening post, not the last one.