doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: People who get easily offended

Post by doubtingthomas »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:41 pm
Based on this new evidence, I've asked my local bishop to schedule my rebaptism.
The most intelligent ex-Mormons here (Doc, Marcus, Some Schmo) never respond with personal attacks. They are wonderful individuals. I shared new studies about diabetes and they gladly accepted the truth.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I get all of my health advice from individuals who have been deplatformed from YouTube for spreading misinformation.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:50 pm
I get all of my health advice from individuals who have been deplatformed from YouTube for spreading misinformation.
I get it from the research literature.

I don't understand why the ex-Mormon community is full of radical feminists.

When I shared this paper here, I came to the realization that ex-Mormons aren't that different from Mormons. Most people only care about their feelings.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:54 pm
drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:50 pm

When I shared this paper here, I came to the realization that ex-Mormons aren't that different from Mormons. Most people only care about their feelings.
I don't understand why they don't conform their entire worldview to a single paper, either.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:57 pm
I don't understand why they don't conform their entire worldview to a single paper, either.
I shared multiple studies, but people attacked me.

Research papers aren't perfect, but personal attacks don't disprove them.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:47 pm
The most intelligent ex-Mormons here (Doc, Marcus, Some Schmo) never respond with personal attacks. They are wonderful individuals. I shared new studies about diabetes and they gladly accepted the truth.
Is this your way of saying that you’re swiping left on me?

Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

drumdude wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:54 pm

If only ex-Mormons would allow a research paper on Chinese women, and its contribution towards understanding the variation in preponderance of GDM associated with racial origin, to help them stop caring about their feelings.

Hope springs eternal.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:58 pm
drumdude wrote:
I shared multiple studies, but people attacked me.

Research papers aren't perfect, but personal attacks don't disprove them.
I haven't been following the other subforums but I quickly gathered that you have a somewhat redpill/MGTOW way of viewing women that may have caused people to react negatively to what you shared.

They probably wanted to discuss those opinions of yours, because the papers are really only secondary to what you're trying to argue with them.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:53 pm
I said I was no longer going to start new threads about these topics...The mods are free to merge all the other threads here if they want but don't change the name, please.

As for me, this will be my final post on these topics....
Well that didn't last long, did it?

So, the Mods can combine this thread with your Megathread, right?