doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Goodbye, for reals this time.

Post by doubtingthomas »

The mods have the right to interpret things however they want, but I feel that I am being treated very unfairly. The same rules don't seem to apply to others.

I am also being defamed and the mods aren't doing anything about that. I can't allow false accusations.

I will sincerely miss the intelligent posters here. Good luck everyone!

MODS: Please have some integrity and don't bother suspending me. I won't come back.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
drumdude
God

Re: People who get easily offended

Post by drumdude »

Alexander2 wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:40 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:20 pm
"Feminsist" Lmao.
OMG! Even if that's the case, Alexander (The researcher who posted screenshots of the new study) is very clearly a far-left feminist. Read the article and read the study by Alexander.

https://www.eviemagazine.com/post/women ... t-research

CNN admitted that the top 20% of men get 80% of all the likes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vK4y6C1Uuhw. However, CNN won't admit that most men are willing to date women of lower economic status.

Add that to the fact that a lot of scammers, bots, sex workers, and models mostly target young men on dating apps.
drumdude wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:21 pm
You seem unhealthily attached to some of these ideas, and I think if you just let them go you would be in such a better place. Just like a lot of us are too attached to Mormonism. Sometimes we need to just step back, stop reading articles and blogs, and just breathe and come back to reality.
It's very unfortunate that we won't be able to have an honest discussion.
I read the redpill forums when it was first a thing in the early 2010s. Nothing has changed. I've heard all of it before.

It would be like an anorexic wanting to debate anorexia. It's not productive.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Goodbye, for reals this time.

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:40 pm
MODS: Please have some integrity and don't bother suspending me. I won't come back.
See you tomorrow.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:53 pm

I read the redpill forums when it was first a thing in the early 2010s. Nothing has changed. I've heard all of it before.
A lot of things are recently making headlines on the news. New studies are confirming that there's a problem. I don't agree with the Red Pill, but I do acknowledge that there's a problem. I am an open-minded guy. I welcome criticism and other points of view. However, I do not appreciate the attacks, the insults, and the false accusations that some are making here on this board.

I have proposed two solutions to help fix the loneliness problem.

1. Schools should teach young people to have realistic expectations.
2. Society should allow young men in their early 20 to talk to younger women (women who are legally old enough). It's not a problem in most countries. These days, society thinks it's creepy when a 21-year-old talks to an 18-year-old.

A progressive feminist blames the left for the rise of the Red Pill. The Left shouldn't ignore the loneliness epidemic because the Right is trying to reach out to young men. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhb8z1a7vuw
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:27 pm
drumdude wrote:

A lot of things are recently making headlines on the news. New studies are confirming that there's a problem. I don't agree with the Red Pill, but I do acknowledge that there's a problem. I am an open-minded guy. I welcome criticism and other points of view. However, I do not appreciate the attacks, the insults, and the false accusations that some are making here on this board.

2. Society should allow young men in their early 20 to talk to younger women (women who are legally old enough). It's not a problem in most countries. These days, society is discouraging guys in their early 20s to talk to 18-year-olds and vice versa.

A progressive feminist blames the left for the rise of the Red Pill. The Left shouldn't ignore the loneliness epidemic because the Right is trying to reach out to young men. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xhb8z1a7vuw
https://www.reddit.com/r/niceguys/
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
drumdude wrote:

2. Society should allow young men in their early 20 to talk to younger women (women who are legally old enough). It's not a problem in most countries. These days, society thinks it's creepy when a 21-year-old talks to an 18-year-old.

Emphasis added by me to once again point out that you continue to talk about women as though they are things that 'society' can 'allow' you to use in a manner YOU decide, without any reference to what the woman may want.

You say you are open to criticism, so seriously, why do you continue to talk like this about women? You are not being 'attacked,' or 'falsely accused,' people are reading your sexist comments, and they are pointing out that the comments are sexist. If you can 'acknowledge that there's a problem,' why can't you acknowledge this problem you currently have?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

doubtingthomas wrote:
drumdude wrote:

I don’t know that there’s a problem with men in their early 20s talking to women in their late teens. For example, a college senior dating a college freshman. I don’t know anyone who would think that’s a problem. A 30 year old dating an 18 year old may get sideways glances.

There is an epidemic of loneliness that exists outside of romantic relationships. I think half of people don’t even have one close friend, according to polls. I would be much more interested in solving that first. I think social media and technology have driven it, not ideology.

I think having realistic expectations is good for everyone. Incels tend to think they deserve a teenage supermodel. But I think it’s up to parents to model good behavior and relationships to their children. Teachers have a hard enough time getting kids to learn math and history.
Gadianton
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things

Post by Gadianton »

I think generally speaking, school authorities, church authorities, and parents do teach kids that money and looks aren't everything. I can recall countless examples from church. The Brethren have even taught that any young man living the gospel and any young woman living the gospel should be able to make a marriage work. Even popular culture reinforces the idea -- there are very few movies where the Chad wins. It's always the underdog who gets the girl. Did you ever see Titanic? Revenge of the Nerds? But as I've pointed out previously you want this a one-way street, where girls lower expectations on looks but boys don't (at least not you!). It doesn't matter, if the top 10% of girls lowered their expectations on looks and married nerds, there would still be droves of nerds left out.

I don't think there is such a stigma. a 21-year-old talking to an 18-year-old is no big deal, and I don't think society thinks it is. But what does this have to do with your main concern about girls liking Chads?

If you can't get a girl your own age, who according to your own arguments has lower expectations than a younger girl (you argued that women lower their expectations as they get older) then what is the point of opening up access to younger girls with higher expectations?
Kishkumen
God

Re: (Megathread) PhD Researcher: Women are way pickier these days, Red Pill is right about some things

Post by Kishkumen »

I have a hard time believing that decent people are unable to find fulfilling relationships with other decent people. It seems to me that there is so much noise out there aimed at creating sorrow and anxiety. Be a decent, kind person, and you will meet someone who will want to get to know you better. All of this garbage stereotyping men and women is best avoided. Happiness starts within you, and when you are joyful others will be drawn to you. I have seen it in my own life in a thousand little ways. No, life is not easy or fair, but there is happiness to be found in relationships with others.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

doubtingthomas wrote:
I don't agree with the Red Pill, . . .
I hereby call you out. What, specifically, about the Red Pill movement do you disagree with?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024