Steven Pynakker

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Steven Pynakker

Post by Moksha »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:21 pm
I got to spend an evening with him at the Elder Pingree movie and chat with him on a 1/2 video, and he appears to me to be legit Evangelical.
Did he say anything about Trump being the Messiah? If not, then perhaps he is part of the sane branch of Evangelicals.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:17 pm
msnobody wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:16 pm
I wonder if Steven Pynakker is aware of Colleen Ralson’s 2003 book, The Christian Companion to The Triple Combination A Guide to using Mormon Scriptures for Witnessing to Latter-day Saints.

https://www.amazon.com/Christian-Combi ... 157&sr=8-1

In the book, she guides you on how to systematically mark your Book of Mormon as a tool to witness to Latter-day Saints.

Back in the day, I racked up a $24 log distance phone charge talking to her— hubs wasn’t too happy with me about that.
On an individual basis, I can see why a Christian would want to witness to Mormon friends. The best hope for the LDS Church to improve its Christianity, in other words, the way to get the greatest conversion going, is from within the organization itself, and it will take a very long time. Still, I see hope there for an increase in the Christianity of Mormons as a group.
I think there are many, many persons God is using to make these changes happen. I hope I get to see it in my lifetime.

We got to see it with The Worldwide Church of God. Of course, there were fewer church leaders with TWCoG. God worked in each of their hearts and brought unity and courage to move forward in obedience.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:21 pm
I got to spend an evening with him at the Elder Pingree movie and chat with him on a 1/2 video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMqCEE14PBw&t=54s

and he appears to me to be legit Evangelical. I also agree with the response to the criticism that if he or Sandra do not articulate their own views, that has nothing to do with their refutations of the problems Mormonism has. Now, it may turn out, they may have many of the same problems as the Mormons, but that is another matter.
He and I are going to talk soon once I’m over this sinus infection with vertigo.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7