No Country for Brave Men?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: No Country for Brave Men?

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 1:59 pm
If you'd like though, we can take turns sharing terrorist attacks on American soil, with you sharing someone inspired by left-wing ideology, and me sharing someone inspired by right-wing ideology
It's kind of hard to prove the ones inspired by left wing ideology like the trans shooter of Christian children in TN because they don't release the manifesto or scrub and harp on the shooters social media history like they do for right wing ideology. We only know what a partisan government and justice department allows us to know.
Earth to idiot, you know nothing about the existence of any "manifesto". That's just something your partisan hacks made up completely. The police said they have seen nothing that would determine a motive which pretty much kills your hopes of trying to conjure up a single example of "Leftist" terrorism.

Also, we know from the investigation that the shooter had scouted other schools that were not "Christian" but this school was chosen only because of its lax security. The irony of bigots constantly claiming victimhood.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 4:15 pm
ajax18 wrote:
1st generation hispanic whose parents don't even speak English kills a bunch of white people and somehow conservative Republicans are to blame for that as well? That's just shoehorning the facts to drive a leftist political agenda.
A man whose social media is peppered with right-wing iconography and ideology, who literally wore an "RWDS" patch as he murdered people, can't possibly be inspired by right wing extremism because his parents can't speak English.

That's the position you're taking? Really?

Wowza.
I really don't know anything about these people you're calling right wing extremists or whoever this crazy murderer was listening to. They have nothing to do with me or my ideology.

Explain to me again why the media should scrub Garcia's social media looking for ties to right wing extremist groups but not scrub the social media account of the TN shooter?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:56 pm
I really don't know anything about these people you're calling right wing extremists or whoever this crazy murderer was listening to. They have nothing to do with me or my ideology.
I'm glad to know that you have nothing to do with, and do not share any ideology with the many right-wing extremists that have come to embody the Republican Party.

This does make your posting history, and the people and organizations you have openly supported, a little befuddling though.
Explain to me again why the media should scrub Garcia's social media looking for ties to right wing extremist groups but not scrub the social media account of the TN shooter?
Explain again? I haven't explained it a first time, as it's not something I advocate.

I can never tell if you're just making stuff up as you go for yucks, or if you genuinely believe the bizarre alternative realities you manufacture.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:53 pm
Earth to idiot, you know nothing about the existence of any "manifesto". That's just something your partisan hacks made up completely. The police said they have seen nothing that would determine a motive which pretty much kills your hopes of trying to conjure up a single example of "Leftist" terrorism.
From the New York Times:
The attacker who fatally shot three children and three staff members at a Nashville school on Monday was identified as a former student at the school who the police said appeared to have written a manifesto about the attack and drawn maps of the campus.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/27/us/n ... -hale.html
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Since Xanax doesn’t read:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 12:31 pm
It’s trans man you daft muppet. Do you ever get anything right? And yes, the PD was set to release the manifesto until the Tennessee Firearms Association filed a suit asking for “… all email communications of MNPD officials regarding the mass shooting committed by Audrey Elizabeth Hale on March 27, 2023, as well as MNPD officials' text messages regarding the same … body camera footage, photos, impound and evidence invoices, coroner information, toxicology reports, audio calls for service and surveillance footage.”

So. Once again Conservatives “F” something up, like the release of the manifesto, and then extremists like you blame some deep state conspiracy because you’re dumb, incurious, and vacuous to the point of embarrassment.

- Doc

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:53 pm
ajax18 wrote:
It's kind of hard to prove the ones inspired by left wing ideology like the trans shooter of Christian children in TN because they don't release the manifesto or scrub and harp on the shooters social media history like they do for right wing ideology. We only know what a partisan government and justice department allows us to know.

Also, we know from the investigation that the shooter had scouted other schools that were not "Christian" but this school was chosen only because of its lax security. The irony of bigots constantly claiming victimhood.
It turns out there was a manifesto.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... uDRYNKuazU

They still haven't released the manifesto but one Steven Crowder got hold of three pages of it. And true to form the trans shooter is the oppressed and the little Christian cracker kids who she/her shot are the oppressors. Were the shooter a white Christian man the manifesto would have been repeated and analyzed by the mainstream media 24/7 immediately. Instead it was hidden because the shooter's motives cut against the leftwing narrative of trans good, white Christian bad.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:00 am
It turns out there was a manifesto.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... uDRYNKuazU

They still haven't released the manifesto but one Steven Crowder got hold of three pages of it. And true to form the trans shooter is the oppressed and the little Christian cracker kids who she/her shot are the oppressors. Were the shooter a white Christian man the manifesto would have been repeated and analyzed by the mainstream media 24/7 immediately. Instead it was hidden because the shooter's motives cut against the leftwing narrative of trans good, white Christian bad.
You mean someone’s identity isn’t insurance against them committing atrocities?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Looks like social alienation combined with a hormonal imbalance to me.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:55 am

Looks like social alienation combined with a hormonal imbalance to me.

- Doc
Yep. I’m not seeing that this supports ajax’s allegation at all. I don’t see the words ‘Christian’ or ‘trans’ scrawled anywhere.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

She very well may have wanted to kill the kids because she associated them with the Trump cult masquerading as Christianity. It is still monstrous.

In short, I really don’t think it is impossible that a wacko on the Left could commit an atrocity. They seem to do it a lot less often than the right wingers, and that may have something to do with the latter’s love of weapons, anti-social tendencies, and belief in conspiracy theories and apocalyptic narratives.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow