a possible tragedy

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
yellowstone123
High Priest

a possible tragedy

Post by yellowstone123 »

first, I ask that you excuse my puntuaction and grammar. Even though I have a AA and BA from a cal state college.

a few years ago I moved closer to my dad from Los Angeles to be closer to my dad who is a vigiors 91.

One tine I actually opened the door. I explained I was not just an ex Mormon but and excommunicated Mormon and asked these questions to follow after that, and after a week, they brought back the Bishop unannounced.

now picture this:

Four missionaries are all laughter on Friday night. They have just finished a 28 hour fast and are ready to buy a western bacon cheeseburger, fries and a large orange soda. They are happy campers.

It's Friday night at 9 pm. In front of them is in a person is in uncontrollably sobbing, he just moved from an east New York City from an orthodox jewish community, Shaved all hair and is now in southeast Idaho. Barely in a whisper he orders a coke, a French and then a cheeseburger with bacon and cheese.

As the other missionaries are back slapping each the young man finishes his meal, walks back to this hotel and drinks a bottle of whiskey and takes 20 barbiturates. Within an hour he falls in to respiratory distress and passes.

The missionaries never knew what happened. They are happy campers.

What happened here rearing in difficurrent cultures. It's the cultures.
What's faster than a .45 caliber bullet fired from a 1911 A1? The main spring of the gun below the barrel that seems to escape faster when you turn the barrel bushing with a special tool.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: a possible tragedy

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I’m not following the point of your examples with the missionaries and the Jewish person.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon May 15, 2023 4:16 pm
I’m not following the point of your examples with the missionaries and the Jewish person.

- Doc
Ditto
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

I don't see the connection, either.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

I'm sorry. My story was to the missionaries and then to the missionaries and the Bishop that you have a young man from New York. An Orthodox man. He drives west, is very depressed, takes off his dark clothing, shaves his locks and does something really wrong. He was groomed that it was wrong. He is breaking the sabbath on Friday night by sinning. He is eating a cheeseburger (meat and milk) and using a credit card on the Sabbath which is forbidden. He doesn't like his like so he ends it. None of the things he is doing mean a thing to back-slapping missionaries. I think grooming in culture is tells you what is right and wrong.

Also, I haven't been here as a while as karl61. Can you show to how I post. I did it once but have not been able to find new post. Thank you. I now am 61 helping my 91 year old dad in south east Idaho. Yes I go to Rexburg once a week for medicine. If I die before my dad, then that's that. If he leaves to heaven I'm going to Belize.
What's faster than a .45 caliber bullet fired from a 1911 A1? The main spring of the gun below the barrel that seems to escape faster when you turn the barrel bushing with a special tool.
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

Also I had to google Dr.shades and Dr. scratch to find the board. but I have it now bookmarked
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Welcome back, karl! I wish you the best as you care for your very elderly father.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

The missionaries had no idea who this man was or what he had done. So no tragedy.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
yellowstone123
High Priest

Post by yellowstone123 »

I understand your issue. My issue is the grooming of youth through childhood. In 1980 I whispered at a local mall to a friend who was two months older than I about the pressure to go on a mission. He said: of course there is pressure. He came home from the mtc prior to me. You are groomed to think a certain way. You are brain washed. Suicide it real. fortunately he is very well and drives a very large boat on lake Havasu. He told me at 20. Karl. the church is a business. Me, I'm an alcoholic on anti-anxiety medication.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

I’m hopeful that because of the Internet, only missionaries who really truly want to go on a mission, go on a mission.

The pressure to go may still be there, but now there is a world of support for doubting and questioning members. It’s not like you’re alone when you say no to a mission, you can see all the other young men and women who have also said no.