Midgley Announces an Essay on “the silly and disgusting things” that BYU Admin Did to John Gee

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Midgley Announces an Essay on “the silly and disgusting things” that BYU Admin Did to John Gee

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 4:31 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 3:08 pm
I don't see anything silly or disgusting about that.
Clearly, you’re forgetting the rule: Any concept at variance with one or more of Lou Midgley’s opinions is ipso facto silly and disgusting.

I will expect better from you from now on.
:lol:
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Midgley Announces an Essay on “the silly and disgusting things” that BYU Admin Did to John Gee

Post by Dr. Shades »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:17 am
Dr. Shades, I hope you can use his review in your upcoming biography, 'Louis C. Midgley: The Salt Lake Strangler.'
Ha! I'm still trying to decide on an appropriate subtitle / tagline.
Does Midgley know that you are planning on writing his biography? If so, has he inundated you with hate mail?
I seriously doubt he knows. . . precisely because he HASN'T inundated me with hate mail.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

I regret to report that Dr. Midgley’s review was not posted on the Interpreter website today. Perhaps it will appear next Friday.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Tom wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:30 pm
I regret to report that Dr. Midgley’s review was not posted on the Interpreter website today. Perhaps it will appear next Friday.
They must have a very long backlog of articles in order to meet DCP’s primary objective of releasing every Friday.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Strange as it may sound, my theory is that Interpreter has rejected his essay and that means, unfortunately, we'll never get to read it.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:17 pm
Strange as it may sound, my theory is that Interpreter has rejected his essay and that means, unfortunately, we'll never get to read it.
They might wish to have Dr. Midgley remembered as having all of his faculties intact.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:00 pm
Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:17 am
Dr. Shades, I hope you can use his review in your upcoming biography, 'Louis C. Midgley: The Salt Lake Strangler.'
Does Midgley know that you are planning on writing his biography? If so, has he inundated you with hate mail?
I seriously doubt he knows. . . precisely because he HASN'T inundated me with hate mail.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:03 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 2:00 pm

I am flattered you used my Kerrycature....
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2023 2:49 am
Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:03 am
I am flattered you used my Kerrycature....
You are truly talented, Kerry. I love how you drew Midgley's raised pinky because he is so hoity-toity.

PS Kerry, rumor has it that DCP wasn't too thrilled of his Kerrycature. Care to comment?
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I love this Kerrycature! It is humorous, on the one hand, but it also makes Dr. Midgley look pretty handsome and vital. If someone did such a Kerrycature of me, I would be flattered and amused in equal measure.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood