The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Open Message to the Open Stories Foundation Board of Directors

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Open Stories Foundation’s lawyer struck a Faustian deal with the judge?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:05 am
Open Stories Foundation’s lawyer struck a Faustian deal with the judge?

- Doc
Props.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:30 am
Perhaps a closed message to the Closed Stories Foundation. You know, just for variety.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Rosebud wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:15 am
Moksha wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:38 pm
I don't think courts can be used as personal vengeance vehicles.
You aren’t really that naïve, are you?

Well, then…
I was dismayed when Jenn Kamp did this. I guess I am that naïve in hoping people do not abuse the courts in this manner.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Rosebud
Star B

“Unsubstantiated” Claims, Power Differences, and the Importance of Investigations

Post by Rosebud »

In regards to this whole “burden of proof” and “unsubstantiated” claim argument I’ve been hearing for years….

Never once has the Open Stories Foundation board of directors asked me a question, or requested a document or statement. Not once. I’ve sent a document or two in request of an investigation only to be told that no investigation needs to be done, or that it’s already happened when it hasn’t.

Deflect. Deflect. Deflect.

The burden of proof was on me and accepting the proof was supposed to be on them. But they didn’t want to accept it because accepting it would have given them information that wasn’t convenient for them. They only pretend to do their jobs.

And they allow the person with far greater power to unleash his many unsubstantiated claims far and wide on the internet because that is easier for them. And more convenient for them.

In a nutshell, this whole “unsubstantiated” claims and “burden of proof” is just another of the many indicators of the extreme power differences and therefore the harassment. The powerful person is not required to offer proof and is allowed full rein make as many wild and unsubstantiated claims as he wants as loudly and widely as he wants, while the less powerful person isn’t allowed to offer evidence at all….

You’ve gotta actually do real investigations and then follow through with real discipline, Open Stories Foundation, or the mess you keep getting is only gonna get bigger.

I know, I know, easier for you to resign. This isn’t what you signed up for.

Well, for the record, this isn’t what I signed up for either. Or a lot of other people.

This is exactly like Trump…. the king of unsubstantiated claims gets to keep making them because he’s powerful. The less powerful, well, they get to be aggressed against because who has time for them? Might as well let John spend the donors’ money filing unsubstantiated motions so that he can bleed $$$$$ out of his opposition until she falls. Fantastic.
List of members I have on ignore:
drumdude

The Mormon Rosebud Wiki: http://mormonrosebud.wikidot.com/

My forensic interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_La85KpX4rY?si=BvCwqafV3S3kOpNr
Rosebud
Star B

Pro Se Legal Representation and Abusive Use of the Legal System

Post by Rosebud »

Also, for the record, one primary reason people choose to represent themselves pro se is money.

They can’t afford an attorney anymore because they’ve been bled dry.

And guess how you bleed an opponent dry in a lawsuit…. by retaining a super aggressive attorney and then filing tons of extra motions.

Then, once you opponent has run out of money, you can make all sorts of nasty claims about them like, “Looks like her attorney quit,” and “She obviously doesn’t have a case, otherwise she’d have an attorney.”

And if you’re RFM, you can podcast about them as a proud member of the Washington State Bar with tons of credibility and authority! What a guy.

And if you’re John, you can come up with some ludicrous false victim story even though you were the Plaintiff and you used your donors’ money to use the court system abusively while putting out fake “transparency” podcasts. Because you’re nothing like the Mormon church. Of course not. Who would believe that? I mean look, you podcast against them so much. And you’re obviously against child abuse, so you have to be against the Mormon church. You have proof! You even had one of your employees air her child sexual abuse live on the air (forget about the part that you didn’t have her consent when you did it… who needs consent from a woman anyway?) And then you sued her. She deserved that because it was her fault you don’t have insurance to cover your attorney fees. (Um… okay.)

I have met some awesome attorneys in my time. Really great people and some of my greatest friends. My attorney in the franchising case was willing to continue to work for free after my savings were gone because my evidence was so well put together and because he knew I was telling the truth. I had the burden of proof and I was plenty able to prove. He wanted to try to take on the aggressive abusers and was happy to have an articulate client who could put together evidence and stand up to a**holes. He lost, but he was proud to help me try to take on the corrupt system. The da** Texas Supreme Court refused to even look at the appeal even though it was a brief and obvious claim.

Yep…. everything a judge decides is right and fair and good. That’s why nobody ever gets wrongly incarcerated and why the civil justice system rules in favor of the correct party rather than the powerful party (with money). Of course we can all trust a Faust who is making judgment on Dehlin! </sarcasm>

And when I declared bankruptcy (because I then owed the franchisor probably somewhere around half a million dollars), my ethical franchise attorney lost any hope of getting the hundreds of thousands of dollars he was due. But he was happy do it for me and to fight to help the right people…. the real victims instead of the pretend ones.

And now that attorney and I are friends. Now those are ethics. He’s a libertarian from Texas while I’m a liberal from Massachusetts. But still friends.

I’ll be friends with the ethical attorneys. But the unethical ones? Just yuck. The “law” isn’t an excuse to help an abuser.

For the record, abusive use of the court system against an ex-employee is highly substantiated evidence of abuse, and all on the public record.
List of members I have on ignore:
drumdude

The Mormon Rosebud Wiki: http://mormonrosebud.wikidot.com/

My forensic interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_La85KpX4rY?si=BvCwqafV3S3kOpNr
canpakes
God

Re: Pro Se Legal Representation and Abusive Use of the Legal System

Post by canpakes »

Rosebud, given that the opening line in the post above (“Also …”) suggests a continuation from the other similar topic started just moments before, I’ve combined the two threads for subject continuity.

-cp-
drumdude
God

Re: “Unsubstantiated” Claims, Power Differences, and the Importance of Investigations

Post by drumdude »

To be fair I think all of her posts the last two days can be combined into a single thread, they’re all just whining about John again.
Marcus
God

Re: “Unsubstantiated” Claims, Power Differences, and the Importance of Investigations

Post by Marcus »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:29 pm
To be fair I think all of her posts the last two days can be combined into a single thread, they’re all just whining about John again.
Yes. A megathread seems in order.