The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Rosebud
Star B

Re: Open Message to the Open Stories Foundation Board of Directors

Post by Rosebud »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:46 pm
Rosebud wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:17 pm
I’m not paying attention to Open Stories Foundation details, to be honest. Just gotta make sure John knows I’m here and haven’t let his sh** slide an inch. There’s no way he’s gonna get away with misrepresenting me in a lawsuit in his efforts to destroy another woman, even if he spends enough money to win. What kind of coward would that make me?

(Release the da** deposition, John. I wanna see what you said on the record and under oath. I’m waiting. There’s no way to cover it up forever. Either you told the truth or you didn’t.)

Anyway, Equality, good to see you. Is John in cahoots with Steve these days? I’d have no idea.
Unless the records in the case have been sealed, you can get a copy of the docket and post it. You can get copies of the motions and post them. You can ask the defendant or her lawyer for a copy of the deposition. Making demands of the Open Stories Foundation while admitting you aren't paying attention to the details is not the best of looks.
The Open Stories Foundation has the information they need to understand my demands. I’m writing to them and John. If I wanted to do something bigger right now, I would.

I get that there are a lot of extra people reading, but there have to be for my demands to have any bite.

I’m not at liberty to say more right now.
List of members I have on ignore:
drumdude

The Mormon Rosebud Wiki: http://mormonrosebud.wikidot.com/

My forensic interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_La85KpX4rY?si=BvCwqafV3S3kOpNr
Res Ipsa
God

Re: “Unsubstantiated” Claims, Power Differences, and the Importance of Investigations

Post by Res Ipsa »

My apologies, boss, for referring to the action as a ban. From reviewing history, my understanding is that his posting privileges were restricted to a certain subforum or subforums. I checked during my first moderator stint and my recollection is that his account was not on the banned list.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Rosebud
Star B

Post by Rosebud »

And honestly, this has been going on for over a decade. If I were still paying attention to details, something would be seriously wrong with me.

I pay attention to what I pay attention to and live my life outside of Mormonism for the most part.
drumdude

My forensic interview on YouTube: https://youtu.be/_La85KpX4rY?si=BvCwqafV3S3kOpNr
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Rosebud wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:56 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:46 pm
Unless the records in the case have been sealed, you can get a copy of the docket and post it. You can get copies of the motions and post them. You can ask the defendant or her lawyer for a copy of the deposition. Making demands of the Open Stories Foundation while admitting you aren't paying attention to the details is not the best of looks.
The Open Stories Foundation has the information they need to understand my demands. I’m writing to them and John. If I wanted to do something bigger right now, I would.

I get that there are a lot of extra people reading, but there have to be for my demands to have any bite.

I’m not at liberty to say more right now.
Well, there are "extra people" reading because you posted your demands in a forum that is not connected with Open Stories Foundation. Not at liberty? Are you being held hostage? Nod once for yes. Nod twice for no. Our rescue services are much superior to that recently ex-Mormon guy's.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Rosebud
Star B

Post by Rosebud »

But, John…. I will be at liberty to say more soon, won’t I?

A win is not a win when you lie.
drumdude

I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Re: “Unsubstantiated” Claims, Power Differences, and the Importance of Investigations

Post by I Have Questions »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:58 pm
My apologies, boss, for referring to the action as a ban. From reviewing history, my understanding is that his posting privileges were restricted to a certain subforum or subforums. I checked during my first moderator stint and my recollection is that his account was not on the banned list.
So he was banned from posting on the most used forums. I guess he took the hint after that.
Rosebud
Star B

Post by Rosebud »

Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:36 am
Rosebud wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:27 am
If anyone wants to check out how long the docket is and how many motions Open Stories Foundation donors have paid for John to file in order to scare people sh**less, it’s in Salt Lake County, 3rd District Court, Case #230900882.

Please keep in mind that this kind of aggression is nothing new for John. It’s just that his unwell behaviors are coming further and further to the surface making it easier and easier for people who don’t know him to see what he’s really like behind his Mr. Good Guy cloak.
Oh for “F”'s sake. Stop being a drama queen. If you have information state it. This parseling out of "clues" is ridiculous. Post the information you have about the case in question or don't.
Don’t call women drama queens.

And don’t flatter yourself. I’m not here to give you or anyone else clues. Why would I waste time on that? What purpose would there be? I’m a very practical person. I’ve repeated what I’m doing here and why ad nauseam. And it’s been plenty effective over the years.

If you’re interested in looking for more information, go look for it yourself. It’s not my job to solve everything for ex-Mormons. Take some initiative instead of posting on a back-of-the-internet message board. Projecting yourself and your incentives for being here onto me is only going to leave you confused about what I’m doing. Which is fine, I guess, but I get sick of skimming past these posts.

I also tire of addressing them.

I’m not here for the reasons other posters are here. I’m not talking to you, not because I’m trying to be rude, but because my (practical) objectives are different. If this still confuses you, try a little perspective taking.
drumdude

drumdude
God

Re: (Auto)biographical Dictionary of MDB/DM

Post by drumdude »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:05 pm
drumdude wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:43 pm
I agree, which is why I keep recommending people actually read what happened to you and Dehlin at:

http://mormonrosebud.wikidot.com/

I'm sure you and James Patterson are still diligently working on re-releasing these documents you took down.
Too much to read. Read about 30 + pages of some chat, before I decided that I don't really need to be curious about this. Reads like a veeeerrrryyyy slow, kinda boring romance novel without the juicy stuff. Maybe the juicy stuff came later, noticed there were literally hundreds of pages.

Maybe just do like a restraining order/ gagging order for both parties to both parties and just part ways and draw a line under it? Cos it seems like rosebud is the only one getting grey hairs over this.

Hope whatever this is can get resolved enough for all parties to move on with their lives.

Backing away...
Rosebud has been posting about this for over a decade now, so most of us are privy to all of that.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Rosebud wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:40 pm
Marcus wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 12:36 am
Oh for “F”'s sake. Stop being a drama queen. If you have information state it. This parseling out of "clues" is ridiculous. Post the information you have about the case in question or don't.
Don’t call women drama queens.

And don’t flatter yourself. I’m not here to give you or anyone else clues. Why would I waste time on that? What purpose would there be? I’m a very practical person. I’ve repeated what I’m doing here and why ad nauseam. And it’s been plenty effective over the years.

If you’re interested in looking for more information, go look for it yourself. It’s not my job to solve everything for ex-Mormons. Take some initiative instead of posting on a back-of-the-internet message board. Projecting yourself and your incentives for being here onto me is only going to leave you confused about what I’m doing. Which is fine, I guess, but I get sick of skimming past these posts.

I also tire of addressing them.

I’m not here for the reasons other posters are here. I’m not talking to you, not because I’m trying to be rude, but because my (practical) objectives are different. If this still confuses you, try a little perspective taking.
The mythical audience that is watching and agreeing with everything A says. :lol:
Imwashingmypirate
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Rosebud wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:04 pm
Moksha wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:21 am
I was dismayed when Jenn Kamp did this. I guess I am that naïve in hoping people do not abuse the courts in this manner.
John and the Open Stories Foundation are Plaintiff, not Jenn. She’s defendant. He sued her.
Just been over to Reddit and read the documents. She initially attempted to sue him and then he sued her. But reading both cases, I have to say, (and I'm a woman having experienced my own fair share of abuse and have no connections with any of the people involved in this) I felt the statements in John Dehlin's claims felt very well presented with sufficient evidence. I don't doubt that there might have been sexual banter, but it states that she claims to have witnessed sexual banter between Dehlin and someone else (and that someone else denied the claim). So even if the banter was there it appears that it wasn't with her.

The evidence for his suit was better and made more sense. If she did record the meeting and it showed anything for her defence she would have used it in court. To say she deleted it tells me that it wasn't valuable enough to keep. If you've already made multiple accusations, and know you are going to complain, you don't delete your evidence. They had a video of the same incident. Not sure if they disclosed the video in the court case.

If more than a dozen women have been harassed, they should come forward.

Although, in her favour, I do find it odd that a company will keep giving someone more chances and more responsibilities and pay rises knowing she wasn't fit for the position. That strikes me as a little odd. But, at the same time, when a company puts money and faith into someone inexperienced thinking they have driven, maybe they were willing for things to improve. That's the only part of their claim that felt amiss to me.

Her claim was fine. On its own, I'd think yikes, but the counter claim by Dehlin (however it's spelled) won from my perspective.... Whether it's right or not or who's lying, you never know...