The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Re: Open Message to the Open Stories Foundation Board of Directors

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Last edited by Imwashingmypirate on Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

wendyd0100 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:49 pm
People who don't know what the hell they are talking about should keep their mouth shut! Jenn outed herself on more than 1 podcast. These women are sad and pathetic!
Bel1954 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:44 am
John didn’t out Jenn’s purported abuse. She outed herself. More than once, to several people. This is getting really old. You and she are cut from the same cloth. Both making stuff up.
Are these the same person? My brain hears the same voice only one slightly faster than the other.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:52 pm
Rosebud wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:40 pm
Don’t call women drama queens.
Good point. How about a drama person?
Says the Penguin King. :D

How about drama royalty?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:54 pm
wendyd0100 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:49 pm
People who don't know what the hell they are talking about should keep their mouth shut! Jenn outed herself on more than 1 podcast. These women are sad and pathetic!
Bel1954 wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 4:44 am
John didn’t out Jenn’s purported abuse. She outed herself. More than once, to several people. This is getting really old. You and she are cut from the same cloth. Both making stuff up.
Are these the same person? My brain hears the same voice only one slightly faster than the other.
This issue has been discussed to death, here and elsewhere. I'm not surprised that the posts sound similar -- repetition of the same arguments over and over and over and over and over.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:11 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:54 pm
This issue has been discussed to death, here and elsewhere. I'm not surprised that the posts sound similar -- repetition of the same arguments over and over and over and over and over.
Gotcha. Not that it really matters if they are the same person. I read some of the conversation in the Facebook chats in the wiki link and have developed my own conclusion not that my opinion means anything. I feel bad. I'm resisting because it's none of my business. I sincerely hope rosebud can move on and find peace. It's hard to watch. This is the first time I am seeing this. I'm not sure that there is anything that can be done to help and I wonder if people telling her to stop is actually fuelling this spiral further.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:20 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:11 pm
Gotcha. Not that it really matters if they are the same person. I read some of the conversation in the Facebook chats in the wiki link and have developed my own conclusion not that my opinion means anything. I feel bad. I'm resisting because it's none of my business. I sincerely hope rosebud can move on and find peace. It's hard to watch. This is the first time I am seeing this. I'm not sure that there is anything that can be done to help and I wonder if people telling her to stop is actually fuelling this spiral further.
Yeah, same here.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: RFM and Washington State Bar Complaints

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Has Rosebud, in all of her postings, on Facebook, her blog, here, Reddit, and elsewhere ever shown any kind of empathy for her autistic husband? I’m not saying he was a saint or didn’t deserve a divorce, because I simply don’t know anything about him other than what she’s said about him, but I’m saddened for him that he didn’t merit the human decency of a divorce before Rosebud started to fool around with another woman’s husband.

by the way, I don’t recall any empathy for Dehlin’s wife. For a feminist and pro-woman activist, I find it astonishing that Rosebud hasn’t really atoned for her sins. Maybe she’s posted something, but damn, I don’t recall seeing it. Maybe she addressed it, but good Lord, you’d think her shame of attempting to destroy another woman’s marriage would embarrass her enough to move on.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: “Unsubstantiated” Claims, Power Differences, and the Importance of Investigations

Post by Dr. Shades »

I Have Questions wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:22 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:13 pm
No, after many months of begging and pleading with him to not derail threads, only to be given the cyber middle finger, I had to reluctantly make the necessary decision to temporarily restrict him to the fora where off-topic discussions are allowed.
Something you failed to do with mentalgymnast despite him derailing practically every single thread he posted on.

Hey, it’s your sand pit, you can decide who plays in it.
Derailing, or providing the Mormon viewpoint?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Moksha
God

Re: “Unsubstantiated” Claims, Power Differences, and the Importance of Investigations

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:02 pm
I Have Questions wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:57 pm
You did.
I don’t recall doing that. Will you please tell me when and why?
You said he was being excessively Hungarian. Given his age, Ludwigm may no longer be among the living.

Viktor Orban of Hungary is now a Republican favorite, second only to Vladimir Putin.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:06 am
I Have Questions wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:22 pm
Something you failed to do with mentalgymnast despite him derailing practically every single thread he posted on.

Hey, it’s your sand pit, you can decide who plays in it.
Derailing, or providing the Mormon viewpoint?
Off-topic posting which detailed threads.