Trump's Religion vs Obama's Religion

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: Trump's Religion vs Obama's Religion

Post by Vēritās »

I remember when Obama's followers literally worshipped his statue.

"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Totally not a cult though.

"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Also not a cult...

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

The difference is that Obama isn't a career criminal that all his fans are ignoring, pretending he can do no wrong.

Plus, it's not pathetic to think Obama was a decent President. It doesn't make me think something traumatic happened to you when you were a kid. Big difference.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

bill4long wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 2:16 am
And school teachers were having their kiddos sing praises to the man.

I remember. Like it was yesterday.

One man's cult leader is another man's trash.

P.S. The first cult-of-personality leader in these United States was George Washington.
And yet your take on this lacks all sense of perspective and degree. There really has been nothing in major party politics in the US like this before. Trump has GOP politicians babysitting him in court. His VP tryouts are like a bad season of The Batchelor, with pols humiliating and debasing themselves in order to be Trump's pick. The entire thing is so vulgar and nauseating, but you go ahead and try on this false equivalence. To the rest of us who have retained our marbles, you look off.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

bill4long wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 2:16 am
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed May 15, 2024 4:55 pm
Indeed. I remember when they made a golden statue of Obama, and Democrats were buying Obama bibles, and Obama shoes, and Obama NFTs, and wearing Obama schwag everywhere they went, getting their vehicles custom wrapped with Obama graphics, holding Obama parades, Democrat politicians making their sole platform how much they support Obama, even going so far as to appoint an Obama relative to head the DNC.
And school teachers were having their kiddos sing praises to the man.

I remember. Like it was yesterday.

One man's cult leader is another man's trash.

P.S. The first cult-of-personality leader in these United States was George Washington.
If you have such a clear memory, how many teachers and how many schools are we talking about?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Looks like bill4long is getting owned on this topic. His evidence has been nothing compared to what others are bringing.

Some teachers said Obama was a good president. lol. what a cult. hahaha.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu May 16, 2024 12:22 pm
The difference is that Obama isn't a career criminal that all his fans are ignoring, pretending he can do no wrong.

Plus, it's not pathetic to think Obama was a decent President. It doesn't make me think something traumatic happened to you when you were a kid. Big difference.
Also, what, exactly, is wrong with acknowledging Obama was a good President? I caught a lot of crap on this forum for wanting McCain - until he picked Palin - because I thought Obama didn’t have the experience in the federal government to lead it effectively. I voted for a third option during that election cycle. On his second go, I was going to vote for Romney because I thought he did an excellent job in Massachusetts and would be a decent President for both sides - until that tape came out with regard to him kowtowing to the 1%.

In both instances I was wrong. Very wrong, in fact. Obama was a good President, and I’m a little disappointed in myself for not voting for him.

A little flexibility in thinking and behavior is ok, in my opinion.

- Doc

*edit - I should explain myself with regard to Romney. I thought he had figured out universal healthcare, and I believed he could move us to that with good policy and little political damage since he is an R
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.