RFM on Kamp in Court

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
pistolero
Deacon

Re: RFM on Kamp in Court

Post by pistolero »

pistolero wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:17 pm
consiglieri wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:55 pm
Open Stories Foundation attorneys petitioned Judge Faust for an injunction requiring Jenn Kamp to stop her continued defamation by taking down the relevant podcasts.

In response, Jenn issued a new podcast today asking why they are trying to silence her from speaking the truth.

https://youtu.be/g2wbAxC19P8?si=hu7qaiuYviPxHOcY
I'm a big fan of Jenn Kamp's latest insights - "IF THE TRUTH IS DEFAMING, THAT'S THEIR PROBLEM". Suck on that John Dehlin, Open Stories Foundation and RFM.

Thanks for posting consig, I'd expect nothing less from the "Journalist of Lies", "Worst attorney ever" and perpetrator of the "most evil and egregious mean thing" that she has ever seen.

Can she just continue spouting her tripe or is there a point where it becomes much more serious and serious measures are imposed on her? I'd have thought that a judge's decision would cause someone to think different?
I should have read the full thing. It seems there are more damages and that she is now given threat of jail.

She apparently has to publish links on all her social media platforms to this order. Does her video achieve this, or does she need to include it in the video description?

I'm no shrink, but I can see her almost wanting to go jail. This is a hill on which she is willing to die, it would seem.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Per the injunction, she's now risking incarceration. I know it's clear that John Dehlin is in the right here, but the optics of Jenn going to jail aren't the best for John...
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

drumdude wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:40 pm
Per the injunction, she's now risking incarceration. I know it's clear that John Dehlin is in the right here, but the optics of Jenn going to jail aren't the best for John...
It ain’t gonna be Open Stories Foundation sending Jenn “Weeping Diva” Kamp to prison. I don’t know if she is a blatant liar, or just mentally ill to the point of delusion - it doesn’t really matter in the end. She was making false accusations against John Dehlin that were damaging his reputation and hurting him financially.

When Consig “hotpants” RFM posted the audio to a meeting, that was in the public record proving she wasn’t telling the truth, she tried to have him disbarred which was an attack on his livelihood. Her comeuppance is like sweet sweet nectar to my proboscis. Nom nom nom.

Anyway, all she had to do was retract her false accusations, and Open Stories Foundation would have dropped the lawsuit. It really sucks that defending oneself from false accusations is twisted around by her to make it look like an attack on the person doing the defaming.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

drumdude wrote:
Maybe it’s my ASD, but does it not validate John Dehlin?

Would she have access to the internet in jail? Just wondering if the whining would stop?
Last edited by pistolero on Wed May 22, 2024 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

pistolero wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:21 pm
Would she have access to the internet in jail? Just wondering if the whining would stop?
From my limited anecdotal knowledge: Jail, probably not. Prison, possibly.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

So Jenn posted a flurry of filings to the court on the 14th, which John is trying to get classified as private to avoid the public, like me, seeing them.

They're very rambling, but there are some concrete claims with a few screenshots that I understand John not wanting to be public. $10 can get you access to all of them, while they're still public. I won't repeat the claims here, since it's likely John will get them taken down off the public website.

https://apps.utcourts.gov/

Case #230900882
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

consiglieri wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 7:55 pm
Open Stories Foundation attorneys petitioned Judge Faust for an injunction requiring Jenn Kamp to stop her continued defamation by taking down the relevant podcasts.

In response, Jenn issued a new podcast today asking why they are trying to silence her from speaking the truth.

https://youtu.be/g2wbAxC19P8?si=hu7qaiuYviPxHOcY
And now another hour long episode of whining. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTEntAfBvrI
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

I guess the good news is at least Jenn can’t get disbarred.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:01 pm
drumdude wrote:
It ain’t gonna be Open Stories Foundation sending Jenn “Weeping Diva” Kamp to prison. I don’t know if she is a blatant liar, or just mentally ill to the point of delusion - it doesn’t really matter in the end. ..
I still think it's Rosebud egging her on, sadly.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

drumdude wrote:
Is there a link to the injunction?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.