Romney on Pardoning Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Romney on Pardoning Trump

Post by Some Schmo »

People make excuses for Trump like battered wives make excuses for their husbands. It's damned pathetic.

I guess they have trouble opening their eyes because they're swollen shut.

They have their heads so far up Trump's ass, they don't even see the irony in saying others have "Trump Derangement Syndrome," the title that perfectly describes their idiotic view of the thug.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 12:27 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 10:45 am
Even if Trump wins the left and the deep state will never accept the election. It'll just be the same lawfare and obstruction as it was in 2017.
The notion that Democrats used lawfare after Trump's 2017 win is incorrect for several reasons:

1. Democrats didn’t challenge the election outcome.

2. There was no massive effort to delegitimize Trump's presidency; legal actions focused on specific issues, like Trump working with the Russians to get elected.

3. Investigations, like Mueller’s, were not conducted by the Democratic Party.

4. Legal actions aimed to hold the Trump administration accountable, not to challenge the election.

5. Democrats accepted the transition of power, participating in the inauguration and engaging with the new administration.

Ajax batting a 1000. For being wrong.

- Doc
How is putting on a hoax that Russia collided with Trump to win the election and it was therefore illegitimate a peaceful transfer of power? Democrats will find a way to overturn the results of the electoral college or get Trump out of office if America votes for him. They call this antidemocratic authoritarian behavior saving democracy.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I’m not going to entertain Ajax’s nonsense with a reply. He’s off the reservation as usual.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Manetho
Valiant B

Post by Manetho »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 3:06 am
There was never a real danger of the government falling due to the J6 protesters. Where were the weapons?
I already told you where they were. The rallygoers were going to bring it guns. The Secret Service screened them with metal detectors and kept them out. Trump tried to stop the Secret Service from screening the weapons out. He wanted the mob to be carrying firearms.
Dr Exiled wrote:
There was no threat of force.
Lack of firearms didn't prevent the mob from beating Capitol Police with blunt objects, or from crushing them in doorways. Do you seriously think an enraged mob couldn't beat unarmed middle-aged legislators to death?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Manetho wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 3:00 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
There was never a real danger of the government falling due to the J6 protesters. Where were the weapons?
I already told you where they were. The rallygoers were going to bring it guns. The Secret Service screened them with metal detectors and kept them out. Trump tried to stop the Secret Service from screening the weapons out. He wanted the mob to be carrying firearms.
Dr Exiled wrote:
There was no threat of force.
Lack of firearms didn't prevent the mob from beating Capitol Police with blunt objects, or from crushing them in doorways. Do you seriously think an enraged mob couldn't beat unarmed middle-aged legislators to death?
Unlike the BLM protesters, The Jan 6 protesters killed no one.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 3:46 pm
Unlike the BLM protesters, The Jan 6 protesters killed no one.
I'm certainly grateful that MAGA cultists are failures at almost everything. Imagine being such an impotent man-baby that you can't manage to kill someone by bludgeoning them in the head with a fire extinguisher, or flag poles.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 3:07 am
Vēritās wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 2:54 am

That's the chance we took before when we thought there was no way in hell the Senate would allow him to turn the Supreme Court into a bench of religious nuts.

And here we are. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...?
So, don't vote for him. I know I won't be.

My point is kinda like Bill Maher when he says you can hate Trump but shouldn't hate half the country for voting for him. We need to come together. Let's stop the unnecessary hype on both sides. The great majority of democrats aren't communists and the great majority of republicans aren't fascists.
Both you and Maher are wrong. Half the country doesn't support Trump. If voting was mandatory and made easily accessible to all, Republicans know they'd likely never win another election again. This is why they're so dead set on passing voter suppression laws to make it difficult. They know that the larger the turnout, the less likely they are to win. And the recent primaries are showing that Nikki Haley is still getting a quarter of the Republican vote even after she dropped out.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Trump is now whining that Biden tried to have him killed. The evidence? Apparently FBI protocol was granted to use lethal force if necessary during the MARALAGO "raid." Twitter bots of every Republican stripe have parroted this bogus claim that this was somehow unusual. Turns out that is standard protocol for FBI when executing search warrants. It amazes me how Trumpers self-own while whining about discrimination when the examples they point to only show how Trump gets preferential treatment or how they expect that he should.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:33 pm
How is putting on a hoax that Russia collided with Trump to win the election and it was therefore illegitimate a peaceful transfer of power?
Repeating this stupid lie ad infinitum isn't going to effect reality. Trump campaign colluded with Russian operatives to skew the election in his favor. Republicans have even admitted this.
Democrats will find a way to overturn the results of the electoral college or get Trump out of office if America votes for him. They call this antidemocratic authoritarian behavior saving democracy.
That's never once happened. The only party with a track record of denying election results is the Trumpublican cult. If by chance Trump does win in 2024 I will accept it because it will be the will of the people and that's how it should be. I'm not going to whine about fraud like you morons do.

In fact, you're the ones already trying to rig the election with these idiotic lawsuits trying to ban mail in voting and demanding that all states stop counting votes at midnight. What in the hell kind of strategy is that if not to suppress legitimate votes? Say your state doesn't get around to counting your vote until the next day, does that mean you're OK with it not being counted? Hand counting the ballots by friggin volunteers is something that takes a lot of time, and you idiots are now against it and you're against voting machines. So WTF will make you happy? Nothing.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:33 pm
How is putting on a hoax that Russia collided with Trump to win the election and it was therefore illegitimate a peaceful transfer of power?
There is no bigger hoax than the 2020 stolen election hoax.