In memory of EAllusion

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

In memory of EAllusion

Post by doubtingthomas »

Nearly everyone remembers EAllusion as an intelligent man; he was the voice of reason, and even the people who strongly disagreed with me respected him. I am proud to know that EAllusion agreed with me a lot. He told me, "You are correct that our views aren't too far apart".

I suspect that right now he would have agreed with me even more on almost everything, since I have grown and matured. My arguments are now better and my intelligence has increased.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Xenophon
God

Re: In memory of EAllusion

Post by Xenophon »

_EAllusion wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:42 pm
DT is about as prime of a person to be radicalized by the manosophere as I've personally seen. Recommending that he read "The Game" is about the worst possible advice imaginable.

DT doesn't need to learn to neg women. He probably needs a little therapy.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

_EAllusion wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:10 pm
You don't have to believe in "soul mates" to think that lasting romantic partnerships are fulfilling. You come off like a sociopath when you talk like you've been DT.

Everyone here appreciates that you want to date attractive women and that you think that this is what will make you the most happy. Finding your writing creepy isn't the result of a failure to understand this. It's the result of how you reduce prospective partners into what they can give you in terms of body or wealth. You are aware that people actually care about the personalities of people they date, right? That this isn't a slick line people say to get laid, correct?
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 6:01 pm
Nearly everyone remembers EAllusion as an intelligent man; he was the voice of reason, and even the people who strongly disagreed with me respected him. I am proud to know that EAllusion agreed with me a lot. He told me, "You are correct that our views aren't too far apart".

I suspect that right now he would have agreed with me even more on almost everything, since I have grown and matured. My arguments are now better and my intelligence has increased.
DT I've lived similar experiences to you with women. I found my peace in Christ. What love or help did you ever get from EAllusion, Doc, Veritas, Gadianton, Kishkumen, Marcus, Jersey Girl or Schmo? Those who seek worldly happiness will only find conflict. You'll never get any truly satisfying answers to your questions from this board.

He who shall save his life shall lose it, but He who loses his life to Christ shall gain more than he ever dreamed possible on his own.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:37 pm
What love or help did you ever get from Jersey Girl?
Go ahead and answer that, DT.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Why are you looking for external validation from someone else?

If you need validation from an external source, then that should be your first clue that something in your conduct or mindset is amiss.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I somewhat agree with Ajax about getting the right help. A big question is if you’re mostly trolling or mostly serious. Posts like this one are unreal, even down to repeating the method of applying a fake quote to EA when you just got busted for doing that with Chap. It has to be intentional. But I could be wrong. You never break character, unlike others. That’s tough to do. There also seems to be real emotional investment. Your reasoning flaws are highly consistent and predictable and you never seem to get it, yet at the same time, the problem isn’t intelligence. You show that sometimes like when calling out MG on free will vs moral agency.

I say if you aren’t trolling, get a diagnosis. Not a talk therapist but a full blown psychiatric exam. That could go a long way to getting a better handle on life.

Ajax is right that people here aren’t going to help but that will be the same for a men’s complaint board, the problem is finding what you want in a relationship isn’t going to be by winning an argument about what you should be entitled to or how you’ve been wronged. Even if you are right and we are all wrong, it changes nothing.

Ajax is also right that finding higher purpose can help a lot. He’s probably incorrect that’s he’s found peace in Christ; I mean, come on, but for true believers that does go a long way.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

DId EA die and I didn't get the memo? ANyone know anything about his status?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 9:20 pm
Why are you looking for external validation from someone else?
Nope, I am just hoping that some here come to their senses.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 9:03 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 8:37 pm
What love or help did you ever get from Jersey Girl?
Go ahead and answer that, DT.
Feel free to give me more advice.