In memory of EAllusion

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: In memory of EAllusion

Post by Moksha »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 11:09 pm
Feel free to give me more advice.
Rotate your tires.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 11:09 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 9:03 pm

Go ahead and answer that, DT.
Feel free to give me more advice.
Feel free to answer the question that ajax posed to you regarding me.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 10:09 pm
DId EA die and I didn't get the memo? ANyone know anything about his status?
I am wondering the same. :(
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 12:51 am
Vēritās wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 10:09 pm
DId EA die and I didn't get the memo? ANyone know anything about his status?
I am wondering the same. :(
I'm wondering that too. I greatly admired his intelligent and knowledgeable posts and I miss them.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

One of the last things I remember him talking about was him having a rough time dealing with COVID. That's why I ask.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Doubting Thomas? Has EA gone? Or do you mean not literally?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

He’s probably incorrect that’s he’s found peace in Christ; I mean, come on, but for true believers that does go a long way.
Peace came almost immediately when I invited the spirit into my life. And I've always believed in eternal rewards and blessings. But what about right now? Happiness right now? I thought it impossible. But you don't really have to know how it's possible, you only need faith that our Lord can heal us. You see Doubting Thomas, you don't get to choose how people treat you. None of us do. The only thing that ultimately matters is how you treat other people. If you wish you had better friends, then choose to be a better friend. If you wish you had a more loving girlfriend or spouse, then be a better spouse. Because the kind of person you become is the kind of people that you'll spend eternity with.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Read this Elder Uchtdorf's talk Doubting Thomas. Here's a snippet

https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/stu ... f?lang=eng

The peace He gives us is not like what the world gives.10 It’s better. It’s higher and holier. Jesus said, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.”11

The gospel of Jesus Christ is truly the “good news of great joy”!12 It is a message of matchless hope! A message of yoke-bearing and burden-lifting.13 Of light-gathering. Of heavenly favor, higher understanding, holier covenants, eternal security, and everlasting glory!

Joy is the very purpose of God’s plan for His children. It’s what you were created for—“that [you] might have joy”!14 You were built for this!

Our Father in Heaven has not hidden the path to happiness. It is not a secret. It is available to all!15

It is promised to those who walk the path of discipleship, follow the teachings and example of the Savior, keep His commandments, and honor covenants they make with God. What a remarkable promise!
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I can't remember who it was, but after EA left, somebody claimed to have been in communication with him and that he was doing fine.

Honerentheos has claimed that EA leaving had something to do with an argument with him, if I remember right.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:51 am
The only thing that ultimately matters is how you treat other people. If you wish you had better friends, then choose to be a better friend. If you wish you had a more loving girlfriend or spouse, then be a better spouse.
Thank you, sincerely, for this gentle reminder.

Sometimes, I let the old crotchety side of me win out. It's always good to be nudged back into the brighter side of life.