Split from: In Memory of EAllusion

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Split from: In Memory of EAllusion

Post by Vēritās »

Never was there a greater incentive to avoid religion entirely than to see someone of ajax's character advocate for its usefulness.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Re: In memory of EAllusion

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:12 am
Never was there a greater incentive to avoid religion entirely than to see someone of ajax's character advocate for its usefulness.
Is there anything that you specifically disagree with in Elder Uchtdorf's talk?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax wrote:Peace came almost immediately when I invited the spirit into my life.
Absolutely. When I imagine someone at peace, Ajax's AV leaps to mind and I think of his many posts overflowing with rest in the Lord.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 2:19 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 10:51 am
The only thing that ultimately matters is how you treat other people. If you wish you had better friends, then choose to be a better friend. If you wish you had a more loving girlfriend or spouse, then be a better spouse.
Thank you, sincerely, for this gentle reminder.

Sometimes, I let the old crotchety side of me win out. It's always good to be nudged back into the brighter side of life.
I know you don't believe in Heavenly Father and the afterlife. But I firmly believe you'll still be blessed for times like this when you've shown a Christlike attitude and Christlike traits.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 am
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 2:19 pm

Thank you, sincerely, for this gentle reminder.

Sometimes, I let the old crotchety side of me win out. It's always good to be nudged back into the brighter side of life.
I know you don't believe in Heavenly Father and the afterlife. But I firmly believe you'll still be blessed for times like this when you've shown a Christlike attitude and Christlike traits.
So long as he's white, right?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Vēritās wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 12:44 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 11:00 am

So long as he's white, right?
The brother of Jared was black and was highly favored of the Lord. The inequality of man comes about because some keep the commandments better than others. God loves some of his children more than others because some are more obedient than others.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

God loves some of his children more than others because some are more obedient than others.
lol. and there it is.

You have no LDS scripture to support that. Are you a convert, or reactivated adult member from inactive or part member family?

It can take a generation.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 1:04 pm
God loves some of his children more than others because some are more obedient than others.
That may be the most succinct expression of modern, lived Mormon beliefs I've seen. Who knew ajax could be a theologian?

ETA: to be fair I don't think all Mormons believe this, and most would never say it, either. But it captures the essence of the Mormon church's general stance on how things really work.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Amazing how we can both be right, H.

Passive aggression is an art and while Ajax is trying, he's no Monet.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2024 1:04 pm
What if my God is a Universalist in his love and does not have a thing with being obeyed? You make it sound like he is a member of the 15 demanding obedience and withholding his love.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace