Random problem solving that works...

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
IWMP
Pirate

Random problem solving that works...

Post by IWMP »

Feel free to share your own.

Piano stool had a wobbly leg. Took it apart and found that the o ring was popping through the bracket so I thought, I need another o ring or washer, I suppose it's a washer. But don't have one. Saw a bottle cap and put a screw in the cooker flame and made a hole that allowed me to screw the cap on the leg screw before putting the washers on and screwing it together and it worked. Now the washer doesn't go through the bracket and it's secure.

Fence Sitter
1st Counselor

Re: Random problems solving that works...

Post by Fence Sitter »

Zen and the Art of Piano Maintenance.
High Spy
First Presidency

Post by High Spy »

No home is complete without a quality widget collection for fixes like Pirate’s fine examples.

Autocorrect insisted on the plural use of the word, so she must accomplish such things on a regular basis.

(Or autocorrect is whacked, as usual) ⚔️
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

High Spy wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:46 am
No home is complete without a quality widget collection for fixes like Pirate’s fine examples.

Autocorrect insisted on the plural use of the word, so she must accomplish such things on a regular basis.

(Or autocorrect is whacked, as usual) ⚔️
:D I can say with confidence that my top skills are problem solving and idea generation. Pretty crap at everything else lol. I fix everything. Just got a washing machine part through the post and at some point I will be taking it apart. (Hopefully when the kids are distracted lol). The toilet is bugging me. It dribbles and I can hear the water topping it up every so often and I just know that is increasing our water bill. Which has gone from £100 a quarter to £60 per month. Might call them up and see what is going on there. I worked out that if you tap the flush button really fast after you use it it makes the thing inside land correctly and stops the dribbling. However, no one else does it even though I've explained it. So I end up getting up in the night to go tap it. Really I think I need to open it up but the plumber already looked at it which makes me think it isn't an easy fix and probably needs a new flush system. But the washing machine is the priority.
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Fence Sitter wrote:
Fri May 24, 2024 11:25 am
Zen and the Art of Piano Maintenance.
Not sure about maintaining a piano lol. The stool yes. I did take the pedals apart the other day because they weren't working, somehow managed to fix them lol. It's a digital piano. Not ready to deal with the maintenance an acoustic needs and where to put one so that it doesn't get affected by temperature. I can't play. It's for the kids. They take lessons. Oli does violin lessons too. I haven't heard him play violin but school said he was talented and requested a grant for him to take private lessons on top of his class lessons because they felt the class was holding him back. So now he has violin lessons for an hour a week. We only pay for the half hour.
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Fixed the washing machine. Was very proud of myself. I must admit I held my breath because I wasn't sure if the problem was the door sensor. But then it started up and I was like yaaaay. Went around bragging lol. It was actually harder to put the seal back on that changing the sensor thing.
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Did some gardening today. Plants are coming on. Moved some and planted some new ones. Took some weeds out. Accidentally touched a slug. :( That wasn't fun.

Tomorrow my friend is bringing her phone around, I'm replacing the screen for her.