What is Gravity?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Valo
Priest

Re: What is Gravity?

Post by Valo »

The Father is currently "divided". He has loaned a portion of His Spirit to us to allow us this time to grow our own Seed.

Once the work of the Father is finished and those who are wheat will receive their glorified celestial bodies, they are Christ, because they used the portion of the Father, who is Christ, to grow in themselves their own fruit bearing tree, their own identity, name, that is Christ.

The portion of the Spirit loaned by Father will return back to Him and He will be divided no more.

By the time this happens this Earth and this whole creation would have been gone for thousands of years already. I guess, connect the dots...is all I can say. :D
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Valo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:45 am
honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:42 am
What does that mean, though? What do you believe actually happens when these phases are occurring? If God is acting and not being acted upon, is God not generating gravity if he is in a stat without mass?
When Jesus the Christ was on the Earth was God acting or being acted upon or both? I think both.
Don't know, didn't see it happen. ;)

That said, it seems an absence of gravity for the better part of 30+ years would have made the historical records in some form so I'm guessing whatever we want to assume, gravity still worked.
Valo
Priest

Post by Valo »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:04 am
Valo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:45 am
When Jesus the Christ was on the Earth was God acting or being acted upon or both? I think both.

That said, it seems an absence of gravity for the better part of 30+ years would have made the historical records in some form so I'm guessing whatever we want to assume, gravity still worked.
I assume you believed in Jesus the Christ and are LDS.

Nonetheless, you brought to bear the principle of acting and acted upon, and asked if God would struggle to maintain His power while He was in different form.

No, He would not. :D

Edit: Form is a word that has many meanings. But God has indwelt humans. Avatar is another way to see it. Or perhaps Matrix. God isn't really morphing or changing in His fundamental nature. He indwells. He is able to project Himself in to other forms, and do it simultaneously, to who knows how innumerable number of beings, forms, or entities.

But He exist "somewhere" and while His work continues to bring about His purposes, He has "loaned" portions of Himself to us, worms.
Last edited by Valo on Mon May 27, 2024 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Valo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:08 am
honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:04 am

Nonetheless, you brought to bear the principle of acting and acted upon, and asked if God would struggle to maintain His power while He was in different form.

Then what's the point behind saying there is a phase with mass and a phase without mass?
Valo
Priest

Post by Valo »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:15 am
Valo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:08 am

Then what's the point behind saying there is a phase with mass and a phase without mass?
This earth and the notion of gravity will not be in existence by the time Father "phases" if you want to use that term. Read my edit. I'd say more like He has given or projected portions of Himself. There is no phasing.

God is who He is. He might be inside me, but He is not me completely and I am not Him, completely. Yet we are in a sense experiencing this Universe together, that portion of the Father. Yet He also exist in His unbounded form. He is currently divided but always 19 is 19. :)
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Valo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:27 am
honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:15 am

This earth and the notion of gravity will not be in existence by the time Father "phases" if you want to use that term. Read my edit. I'd say more like He has given or projected portions of Himself. There is no phasing.

God is who He is. He might be inside me, but He is not me completely and I am not Him, completely. Yet we are in a sense experiencing this Universe together, that portion of the Father. Yet He also exist in His unbounded form. He is currently divided but always 19 is 19. :)
Ok, but then we'd experience different gravity at different times if God interacts with you or I as material beings with mass. That doesn't appear to be an observable phenomena. So why say that is what gravity is if it isn't something that is observable in a traceable manner to spiritual experiences? If the scriptures say that where two or more are gathered in Christ's name, there He is, then gravity should be measurably different in these locations given your theory. That would be an example of a falsifiable experiment you could use to prove your theory, actually.
Valo
Priest

Post by Valo »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:30 am
Valo wrote:

Ok, but then we'd experience different gravity at different times if God interacts with you or I as material beings with mass.
Hmm. God is "always" in His unbounded form.

When God was inside Jesus, was there any issues with any fundamental laws of physics or did God struggle at all to maintain control of His creation?

No.

Also, there is no phasing. That is a word you came up with. So phasing is out. No good! :D

What's left?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Valo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 3:41 am
honorentheos wrote:

Ok, but then we'd experience different gravity at different times if God interacts with you or I as material beings with mass.
Hmm. God is "always" in His unbounded form.
Does he always have mass or is always massless, then?
When God was inside Jesus, was there any issues with any fundamental laws of physics or did God struggle at all to maintain control of His creation?

No.
Whoa, next you'll be telling me you believe in relativity and other things you've only been told about and not observed yourself. ;)
Also, there is no phasing. That is a word you came up with. So phasing is out. No good! :D
The term is one I used to try and describe what you were claiming. Remove phases, you're still arguing that God can be massless, has mass, and is something "other", then? If not phases, what would you call the differences?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

honorentheos wrote:
So why say that is what gravity is if it isn't something that is observable in a traceable manner to spiritual experiences? If the scriptures say that where two or more are gathered in Christ's name, there He is, then gravity should be measurably different in these locations given your theory. That would be an example of a falsifiable experiment you could use to prove your theory, actually.
What would you say to conducting this experiment to prove your theory? If gravity is the byproduct of God's power interacting with matter it should flux.
Valo
Priest

Post by Valo »

honorentheos wrote:
Valo wrote:

Ok, but then we'd experience different gravity at different times if God interacts with you or I as material beings with mass. That doesn't appear to be an observable phenomena. So why say that is what gravity is if it isn't something that is observable in a traceable manner to spiritual experiences? If the scriptures say that where two or more are gathered in Christ's name, there He is, then gravity should be measurably different in these locations given your theory. That would be an example of a falsifiable experiment you could use to prove your theory, actually.
No, not given my "theory". First, I haven't offered a theory. Second, you are currently not working off of an idea that I've described. It's something else.

Why do you assume different gravity would exist at different times based on the idea that a portion of the Spirit of the Father is loaned to us temporarily?

There is no phasing. :D

God is the Source of the Ether. He can maintain His creation on His fingernail, yawning, half-asleep. He chooses to maintain it by His matchless power. As He maintains in stable form this Universe and all it's laws, He, the almighty God, simultaneously indwells humans, and is experiencing all of these things at the same time. That seems impossible to humans, but apparently it's not problem for God.