Meet PERFUME, our official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Molok
Nursery

Re: Meet PERFUME, MDB's official Japanese Electro-pop group!!

Post by Molok »

Be honest Shades; did you make that video?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Molok wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:35 pm
Be honest Shades; did you make that video?
No. I don’t have anywhere near the technological acumen necessary to pull that off.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Dear Perfumaniacs:

PERFUME'S NEWEST SINGLE DROPPED FOUR DAYS AGO! It's quite experimental. I'd describe it as 70s disco meets vocaloid. . . a very rare combination by anyone's standards.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:11 pm
Dear Perfumaniacs:

PERFUME'S NEWEST SINGLE DROPPED FOUR DAYS AGO! It's quite experimental. I'd describe it as 70s disco meets vocaloid. . . a very rare combination by anyone's standards.
How many of their concerts have you been to?
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:17 pm
One. See this page for my review thereof.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:31 am
Atlanticmike wrote:
Thank you for sharing that experience. I'm happy for you that it proved to be such a highlight in your life! I imagine I would have felt much the same way at a Pentatonix concert or an Itzhak Perlman concert. I wish you had been selected to translate for them at the concert, and I hope you some day get that opportunity. I'm sure that would really send you over the moon! That probably couldn't happen to a more deserving guy than you!

Though I have little doubt that you would probably love them for their musical abilities and talent alone, I wonder how much your understanding of the Japanese language and culture, and knowing what they are singing about, is a factor in how much you appreciate them?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:31 am
Atlanticmike wrote:
As a middle age white dude I never understood the popularity of Asian pop bands til a few years ago. The two I went to was BTS. I was chaperoning 5 girls under the age of 17. I thought, ok, it's going to be a lot of young girls and chaperones in the audience. Nope! I was wrong. People of all ages love Asian pop bands. There was even Grandma's enjoying the concert. I also had fun! As a metal head, I personally can't stand k pop, but, while in the car I rather listen to k pop instead of country music, country music makes me want to vomit😂😂. My wife gets mad because she loves country music.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

My favorite kind of music is classical music, but jazz is a close second. I have found, though, that most music genres have examples of both excellent and bad music. I enjoy hearing and appreciate creative and skillful musicianship in almost every genre -- even country and western music.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

Gunnar wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:20 pm
My favorite kind of music is classical music, but jazz is a close second. I have found, though, that most music genres have examples of both excellent and bad music. I enjoy hearing and appreciate creative and skillful musicianship in almost every genre -- even country and western music.
I don't mind classic country. But the new stuff gets on my nerves. I like classical, couple months ago I started listening to Elaine Paige.