Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Jersey Girl »

"This week, just three states Florida, Texas and Missouri, three states with lower vaccination rates accounted for 40 percent of all cases nationwide," Zients said at a White House news conference. "For the second week in a row, one in five of all cases occurring in Florida alone. And within communities, these cases are primarily among unvaccinated people."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/health/u ... index.html

If Florida can't get it's act together I'm NOT traveling there in early fall. That was my much hoped for only trip this year. Stupid people are taking it away from me.

:evil:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:08 pm
I mean, what if the one that has risks for the heart and stuff for teens was the one she was saying was better for teens and not worse.
I’ve heard that death from COVID is probably a more difficult side effect to recover from, for the anti-vax crowd.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:04 am
That is difficult. People who get the vaccine will never die. I just do not get people.
The vaccine is easier to get than people.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:14 am
If Florida can't get it's act together I'm NOT traveling there in early fall. That was my much hoped for only trip this year. Stupid people are taking it away from me.
Umm, . . . as long as you're vaccinated, what's there to worry about?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:09 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Sigh.

If even someone as intelligent and aware as Shades doesn't know that the vaccine diminishes the risk of serious illness or hospitalisation, but does not eliminate it entirely, what hope for the rest of us? Risk rises very sharply with age. An 80-year old fully vaccinated man appears to have the same risk profile as an unvaccinated 50-year old, even if he has a much lower profile than an unvaccinated 80-year old man.

Also, every single time the virus passes from one person to another, it gets a chance to mutate and perhaps give us a lovely new variant. Are we enjoying the nice new delta variant, which is hugely more infectious than the others? Even a vaccinated person getting a mild or unsymptomatic infection helps that process along. Sooner or ltter we may produce a variant that combines delta variant infective power with high lethality or even vaccine resistance. They only way to avoid that is to block the damn thing from circulating: vaccines, masks, and no unnecessary mixing and travelling.

Or you can just cry freedom and let it rip. Good luck with that: the UK is currently trying that out and you can enjoy watching the results.

Meanwhile:

‘It’s too late’: US doctor says dying patients begging for Covid vaccine
At least 99% of those in US who died of Covid in the last six months had not been vaccinated, says CDC director Dr Rochelle Walensky

What the US government is calling “the pandemic of the unvaccinated” is playing out in painful ways as some realize too late that they wish they had had the shot, while others hold out even as they suffer in hospital amid a national surge of new Covid-19 infections, primarily caused by the Delta variant.

At least 99% of those in the US who died of coronavirus in the last six months had not been vaccinated, Dr Rochelle Walensky, director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has said.

Medical personnel work in the COVID-19 medical screening annex at NYC Health + Hospitals Metropolitan, Wednesday, May 27, 2020, in New York. At hospitals around the country, nurses, doctors and other health care workers are reckoning with the psychological toll of the virus fight, coupled with fears that the disease could flare anew later this year.

Meanwhile vaccination rates have slowed down nationwide and are especially low in some of the more conservative, southern parts of the country, despite more than 610,000 people in the US dying of the virus since the pandemic hit in early 2020.

In places such as Alabama, only 33% of people who can receive the vaccine had been fully vaccinated, as of 20 July.

On Monday, a doctor in a Birmingham, Alabama, hospital, Brytney Cobia, said that all but one of her Covid patients at Grandview medical center didn’t receive the vaccine, with the one who had expected to make a full recovery after receiving oxygen, she told the Birmingham News. Several others are dying.

“I’m admitting young, healthy people to the hospital with very serious Covid infections,” wrote Cobia in a Facebook post on Sunday.

“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late,” she added, referring to patients who have to be put on a ventilator.

[ ... more ... ]
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Chap wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:31 am
Dr. Shades wrote:

Sigh.
Well said, Chap.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Desantis is slap out of his mind. Well guess what, Gov? If you don't get a brain, you ain't gettin' me or my touristy dollars.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/202 ... -politics/

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Governor Ivey gets it. "Folks s'posed to have common sense." Yup. She gets it.

Governor Ivey: 'It's the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1scFVaFd6I

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:15 pm

Chap wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:31 am

Sigh.
Well said, Chap.
Always happy to help!
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
Good Lord, dude. I'm damned tired of this crap. You know what? “F” it. What if we aren't sorry that the unvaccinated are suffering debilitating, life-long medical issues as a result of their willful ignorance, avarice, and thirst for chaos in the name of "law and order?" These people who gleefully declared Obama was a secret Muslim-Kenyan deep-state body-double plant who was simultaneously the most cunning foe America had ever faced and a bumbling idiot that could make Mr. Bean appear to be a Nobel laureate. Now it's Biden who is a blood-sucking child-eating bumbling fool while they ignore the prior guy's obvious stupidity.

I'm not sorry they're sick. I'm not sorry they're going to have consequences for the rest of their lives. I AM sorry, however, the responsible among us will have to support them through disability, medicare, and higher hospital bills due to their ignorance. I'm sorry we have two Americas - one hardworking, responsible, and concerned for the welfare of our brethren, and Republican GQP'ers. And I'm tired of paying for the latter.

Lest we forget, and despite what the raging moron Xanax likes to declare, blue state America produces 70% of the country’s wealth—and then sees that wealth transferred to support GQP’s America. Which is fine; that’s what citizens of one nation do for one another. Something else they do for one another: take rational health-care precautions during a pandemic. That reciprocal part of the bargain is not being upheld.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.