Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself! The Golden Key!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself!

Post by Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:17 pm
I find that these events seem to be in the Book of Mormon authors imagination, finding ways into the book.

Right. I don't believe for 2 seconds that Smith could read a king's name in Facsimile No. 3, anymore than he could about bones on gold plates. Smith made it all up -- both the Book of Abraham & the Book of Mormon, including the silly Explanations of the Facsimiles. He developed creative ideas and was influenced by the the things he learned in life. Bear in mind that Joseph Smith was not very old when he wrote that book and contents of the book bear that out. It reads like a novel written by an unlearned teenager who just so happened to be very brilliant and organized. There is a certain lack of experience and maturity about the way the Book of Mormon reads. I get the impression that it was written by someone who was young and inexperienced -- that would be, Joseph Smith.
Last edited by Shulem on Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon southerton
Sunbeam

Re: Shulem Cracked the Book of Mormon Code, the Land of Nephi is now revealed! See for yourself!

Post by simon southerton »

I generally avoid commenting on posts where the thread is COMPLETELY overrun by the author of the OP :lol: . But I will make an exception here.

I completely agree with Shulem. Any geography that operates on the assumption the Book of Mormon is true, will be biased junk.

We know for a fact there were no Book of Mormon people because there is zero pre-Columbian Israelite DNA in Native Americans. None. Scientists can find tiny traces of Neanderthal DNA, and much tinier traces of Denisovan DNA, in EVERY Native American they have tested, but no ancient Israelite DNA. So we can ditch this historical nonsense. It never happened in reality because there were never any Nephites or Lamanites. It all happened in Joseph Smith's head.

The other point, where Shulem is clearly right, relates to the narrow neck of land. It is the defining geographical feature of the Book of Mormon. All theories based on the assumption the Book of Mormon is history, stumble out of this gate. They are laughable, requiring torturous apologetics to make them fit with the facts in the text.

The Delmarva Peninsula fits perfectly with the text of the Book of Mormon. It's the right orientation, the landmass is roughly the right size, and it is conveniently located to the Hill Cumorah. And it is easy to imagine how this geography found its way into the mind of Joseph Smith. Anything Smith said after publication of the Book of Mormon is completely irrelevant. The cat was out of the bag and he latched onto anything that embellished his fantasy.
Shulem
God

Hills of the Book of Mormon

Post by Shulem »

HILL CUMORAH OR RAMAH

How many "hills" are specifically mentioned in the Book of Mormon, a period lasting over a thousand years and an area that covers thousands of square miles?

We know about "Cumorah & Ramah" which are one in the same hill. But for the record, what else?

Including Cumorah, there are a total of 9 named hills in the land of promised:

"the hill which was north of Shilom"
"the hill Manti"
"the hill Amnihu, which was east of the river Sidon"
"the hill Onidah"
"the hill Riplah"
"the hill Shim"
"the hill Ephraim"
"the hill Comnor"

And now, how many named MOUNTAINS are mentioned in the promised land?

One. Just one. Only one! And that mountain does not exist today!

"For the brother of Jared said unto the mountain Zerin, Remove—and it was removed." (Isn't that right, RFM?)

This means there are no named mountains in the Book of Mormon geography that can be found and identified today! Only hills, the number being, nine.

This is very, very, telling.

:idea:

More to come...
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

simon southerton wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:42 am
I generally avoid commenting on posts where the thread is COMPLETELY overrun by the author of the opening post :lol: . But I will make an exception here.

I completely agree with Shulem. Any geography that operates on the assumption the Book of Mormon is true, will be biased junk.

We know for a fact there were no Book of Mormon people because there is zero pre-Columbian Israelite DNA in Native Americans. None. Scientists can find tiny traces of Neanderthal DNA, and much tinier traces of Denisovan DNA, in EVERY Native American they have tested, but no ancient Israelite DNA. So we can ditch this historical nonsense. It never happened in reality because there were never any Nephites or Lamanites. It all happened in Joseph Smith's head.

The other point, where Shulem is clearly right, relates to the narrow neck of land. It is the defining geographical feature of the Book of Mormon. All theories based on the assumption the Book of Mormon is history, stumble out of this gate. They are laughable, requiring torturous apologetics to make them fit with the facts in the text.

The Delmarva Peninsula fits perfectly with the text of the Book of Mormon. It's the right orientation, the landmass is roughly the right size, and it is conveniently located to the Hill Cumorah. And it is easy to imagine how this geography found its way into the mind of Joseph Smith. Anything Smith said after publication of the Book of Mormon is completely irrelevant. The cat was out of the bag and he latched onto anything that embellished his fantasy.

YOUR COMMENTS ARE MOST WELCOME, HERE. YOU MADE MY DAY!

THANKS YOU!

:)
simon southerton
Sunbeam

Post by simon southerton »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:56 am
simon southerton wrote:
I generally avoid commenting on posts where the thread is COMPLETELY overrun by the author of the opening post :lol: . But I will make an exception here.

THANKS YOU!

At the risk of bursting your bubble a teeny bit, it looks like the TBM J. Theodore Brandley (probably a Meldrumite now) identified the Delmarva Peninsula (with Meldrumite certainty) as the narrow neck of land in his 2008 e-manuscript A North American Setting for the Book of Mormon. Brandley identifies dozens and dozens of real geographical features in the Book of Mormon, so by sheer dumb luck he was bound to get one right.

https://nephicode.blogspot.com/2019/03/ ... of_22.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20160324210 ... Mormon.pdf
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

simon southerton wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:32 am
Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:56 am

THANKS YOU!

At the risk of bursting your bubble a teeny bit, it looks like the TBM J. Theodore Brandley (probably a Meldrumite now) identified the Delmarva Peninsula (with Meldrumite certainty) as the narrow neck of land in his 2008 e-manuscript A North American Setting for the Book of Mormon. Brandley identifies dozens and dozens of real geographical features in the Book of Mormon, so by sheer dumb luck he was bound to get one right.

https://nephicode.blogspot.com/2019/03/ ... of_22.html

https://web.archive.org/web/20160324210 ... Mormon.pdf

No worries, you're not bursting my bubbly at all, I'm tickled pink to learn that others have conceived these things as well as I. You'll see in my thread that I do credit them as I just learned about those contributions days ago. I first conceived this theory some 15 years ago and spent a lot time thinking about it and on Google Earth going over the entire landscape. At that time, I'd never heard of anyone embracing the Delmarva Peninsula. I rejected all the proposed Book of Mormon geography models available at that time but was spending most of time time in the Book of Abraham. I never embraced any of those ridiculous geography models and relied upon myself to discover the truth and make my own model. But, as it was, I soon left the church and forgot about all that stuff until going through my notes and realizing I need to present this to Discuss Mormonism so they can know too.
Shulem
God

Re: Hills of the Book of Mormon

Post by Shulem »

Shulem wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:51 am
This means there are no named mountains in the Book of Mormon geography that can be found and identified today! Only hills, the number being, nine.

This is very, very, telling.

:idea:

More to come...

A prevalent theme setting in the Bible is that prophets go up mountains to pray to God and get revelation. Moses and Elijah are two examples that come to mind. Mountains in the Bible are a reoccurring place where man meets God. In the Book of Mormon, while living in the Old World, Nephi went up a mountain to pray to God in order to get instructions and revelation on how to proceed:

"And it came to pass that after I, Nephi, had been in the land of Bountiful for the space of many days, the voice of the Lord came unto me, saying: Arise, and get thee into the mountain. And it came to pass that I arose and went up into the mountain, and cried unto the Lord."

Now, consider the narrative after Lehi landed at the southern tip of the Delmarva Peninsula. What might we expect from a Bible prophet while making covenants and establishing a race of people on a new land, even the land of promise? Go to the mountain and pray! Up the mountain and commune with God!

But STOP! We can't have any of that. Joseph Smith looked at the map and saw there were no mountains in the land of Nephi. At best, some hills and some elevation, and much coastline. But certainly no mountains to be had. Therefore, all they could do is offer sacrifice and pray. Smith noticed that the landscape really didn't provide much in mountains until further north out into the continent. So, with that said there would be no prophets going up mountains in the land of Nephi, a narrow strip of wilderness separated by the main body of the peninsula by a river. No leaving footprints on mountains that might be verified to have never existed! Keep it simple and use hills only. That is pretty much what Smith did. Yes, mountains are mentioned rather generically in passing later in the novel but not with significant meaning and certainly not with identification.

In the Book of Mormon, the hills come alive! And, Cumorah is the main hill and the key to the whole story.
Shulem
God

My neck, my back...

Post by Shulem »

simon southerton wrote:

Simon,

Based on your assessment and statement given above it seems fair to place you in the following category per the questionnaire below from my earlier post. Fair enough?

E) simon southerton

Shulem wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 9:21 pm
Please select which answer is the best match for the "narrow neck" as described in the text of the Book of Mormon in which the narrow neck was an important feature of the geographical terrain.

A) Panama
B) Belize-Yucatan base
C) Tehuantepec
D) Niagara Peninsula
E) Isthmus of Delmarva Peninsula

E) Shulem

I'm a little disappointed that none of my fellow Discuss Mormonism posters/readers have categorically answered the question above with a definitive answer. It seems nobody wants to to stick their neck out for the narrow neck? I do however credit all those who have posted in this thread and offered positive comments or reaction to this incredible model that I've presented to the board. I thank you for that. I would be most grateful if you (anyone) would answer the question above and stick your neck out for the neck that best fits the Book of Mormon.

Just do it, do it, do it, do it, do it now!

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

What Book of Mormon name corresponds with the Choptank River?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:52 pm
What Book of Mormon name corresponds with the Choptank River?

Moksha,

There is only one named river in the Book of Mormon promised land, River Sidon. You can see that on the map below. It's the southernmost large river running mainly north and south. It's the Pocomoke River with the mouth in the Chesapeake Bay and the head extending up into what Smith envisioned as Zarahemla. The river separated the land of Nephi from Zarahemla. The map below provides a perfect match for how I interpret Smith's narrative that explains the geography.

The Choptank river that runs further north, much in the same way as the Pocomoke, leads up into the regions of Bountiful possibly through the land of Joshua which was in the borders west by the seashore.

Hope that helps.