Vaccines and Therapeutics 2.0 & 3.0 Merge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: Vaccines and therapeutics

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:17 am
Speaking of which, Res, if you or anyone has information on safety of Pfizer for people with asthma feel free to link.
I did a few searches through VAERS for 3 of the 6 asthma related symptom codes (for Phyzer//BioNTech). From a quick scan of the hits, most were elderly patients, or patients who had pneumonia recently preceding the vaccination. Basically, there were usually other factors at play.

The few retroactive observational studies I can find for asthma patients are for those who contracted COVID. I can't seem to find anything for vaccinated asthma patients. It does appear that most (all?) asthma related advocacy organizations are pro-vaccine.

for what it's worth, CDC's current estimate for anaphylaxis from the P/B vaccine is 5 in 1mil.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Doctor Steuss,

I have been reading your board contributions for years and although I rarely reply to them, I must say, I am humbled by you and your board behavior. You are so kind and helpful - Full of graciousness and compassion - Always willing to post something to assist another.

You set the bar high for us all and even though I frequently fail to follow your lead, I want you to know that it is seen, recognized and greatly appreciated. Thanks man!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ceeboo wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:56 pm
Doctor Steuss,

I have been reading your board contributions for years and although I rarely reply to them, I must say, I am humbled by you and your board behavior. You are so kind and helpful - Full of graciousness and compassion - Always willing to post something to assist another.

You set the bar high for us all and even though I frequently fail to follow your lead, I want you to know that it is seen, recognized and greatly appreciated. Thanks man!
Yeah, what Ceebs said.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Homework assignment. ;-)

Outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 Infections, Including COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Infections, Associated with Large Public Gatherings — Barnstable County, Massachusetts, July 2021
Early Release / July 30, 2021 / 70

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/ ... mm7031e2_w
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:55 pm
Homework assignment. ;-)

Outbreak of SARS-CoV-2 Infections, Including COVID-19 Vaccine Breakthrough Infections, Associated with Large Public Gatherings — Barnstable County, Massachusetts, July 2021

Thanks for hunting the study down. Might not get to it until I get a night’s sleep. I’m too old for these all nighters.
he/him

Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:58 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Homework assignment. ;-)

Thanks for hunting the study down. Might not get to it until I get a night’s sleep. I’m too old for these all nighters.
It's a little heavy. No point in lifting it right now. ;-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Homework assignment. ;-)

I've only done a very brief (and light) scan. I wonder if the majority being males has to do with gathering types, with risk-taking behavior, or if it's more biological? I personally lean towards the former two, but if it's the latter... ooph.

That 89% of the genomic sequencing has found the Delta variant isn't particularly comforting.

Countdown to toilet-paper hoarding...
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/30/opinions ... index.html
The more than 40% of Americans who remain unvaccinated now account for 97% of all Covid-19 hospitalizations and 99.2% of deaths. Hundreds of Americans are dying every day from a vaccine-preventable illness .
Good to see Parler, Facebook, Twitter, 4chan, and Fox killing people. Good job, Conservatives.

eta: Democracies require an informed populace to function. When we allow our news media and other conduits of information (social media platforms,Youtube, instathot, etc) to be flooded with mass disinformation by bad actors, democracy breaks down. Commercial news and social media "news feeds" should be held to a standard of factual accuracy and objectivity. There's no reason they shouldn't be. All of these alternate-fact realities springing up are tearing democracies apart. It has to be stopped.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:43 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Homework assignment. ;-)

I've only done a very brief (and light) scan. I wonder if the majority being males has to do with gathering types, with risk-taking behavior, or if it's more biological? I personally lean towards the former two, but if it's the latter... ooph.

That 89% of the genomic sequencing has found the Delta variant isn't particularly comforting.

One step ahead of the hoarding. Not joking.

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:43 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Homework assignment. ;-)

I’m guessing that the paper doesn’t include the relevant denominator.
he/him