White privilege is a myth

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: White privilege is a myth

Post by huckelberry »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:34 pm
canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:24 pm

Your concern is defined by ideology as opposed to behavior. You should own that.
Honest question! Would this forum be more enjoyable to read through without personal insults?
It would and ceeboo has made a thougtful statement that agrees with this.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:54 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:

Honest question! Would this forum be more enjoyable to read through without personal insults?
It would and ceeboo has made a thougtful statement that agrees with this.
Thank you huckleberry, I agree!
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Yes, but then you would be able to read through the entire forum in about 3-4 minutes. Then what would you do for the remainder of the day? :lol:
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

ceeboo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:42 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Yes, but then you would be able to read through the entire forum in about 3-4 minutes. Then what would you do for the remainder of the day? :lol:
Fishing! I would go fishing the rest of the day. How bout you?😀
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:48 pm

I would go scuba diving in the same body of water that you're fishing at and mess with your bait all day long. :)
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

More from Hutcherson -
5. When I got accepted to Harvard (as a fellow AP student, you were witness to what an academic beast I was in high school, yes?), three separate times I encountered white strangers as I prepped for my maiden trip to Cambridge that rankle to this day. The first was the white doctor giving me a physical at Kaiser:

Me: “I need to send an immunization report to my college so I can matriculate.”

Doctor: “Where are you going?”

Me: “Harvard.”

Doctor: “You mean the one in Massachusetts?”

The second was in a store, looking for supplies I needed from Harvard’s suggested “what to bring with you” list.

Store employee: “Where are you going?”

Me: “Harvard.”

Store employee: “You mean the one in Massachusetts?”

The third was at UPS, shipping off boxes of said “what to bring” to Harvard. I was in line behind a white boy mailing boxes to Princeton and in front of a white woman sending her child’s boxes to wherever.

Woman to the boy: “What college are you going to?” Boy: “Princeton.”

Woman: “Congratulations!”

Woman to me: “Where are you sending your boxes?” Me: “Harvard.”

Woman: “You mean the one in Massachusetts?”

I think: “No, bitch, the one downtown next to the liquor store.” But I say, gesturing to my LABELED boxes: “Yes, the one in Massachusetts.”

Then she says congratulations, but it’s too damned late. The point here is, if no one has ever questioned your intellectual capabilities or attendance at an elite institution based solely on your skin color, you have white privilege.
Atlanticmike
God

Post by Atlanticmike »

ceeboo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:58 pm
Atlanticmike wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:48 pm

I would go scuba diving in the same body of water that you're fishing at and mess with your bait all day long. :)
Good Lord😂😂. Sounds like something I would say😂. I would do that though, sounds like fun. Unless you accidentally grab the hook, ouch!!!
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:40 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:58 pm

Good Lord😂😂. Sounds like something I would say😂. I would do that though, sounds like fun. Unless you accidentally grab the hook, ouch!!!
:lol:

And a Gif especially for you! It's me, playing with the fish as I wait for your boat to get a little closer.

canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Another example -
6. In my freshman college tutorial, our small group of 4–5 was assigned to read Thoreau, Emerson, Malcolm X, Joseph Conrad, Dreiser, etc. When it was the week to discuss The Autobiography of Malcolm X, one white boy boldly claimed he couldn’t even get through it because he couldn’t relate and didn’t think he should be forced to read it. I don’t remember the words I said, but I still remember the feeling—I think it’s what doctors refer to as chandelier pain—as soon as a sensitive area on a patient is touched, they shoot through the roof—that’s what I felt. I know I said something like my whole life I’ve had to read “things that don’t have anything to do with me or that I relate to” but I find a way anyway because that’s what learning is about—trying to understand other people’s perspectives. The point here is—the canon of literature studied in the United States, as well as the majority of television and movies, have focused primarily on the works or achievements of white men. So, if you have never experienced or considered how damaging it is/was/could be to grow up without myriad role models and images in school that reflect you in your required reading material or in the mainstream media, you have white privilege.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

This is what White privilege looks like:
You know what? I'm finally warming up to "good ole Uncle Joe".

At first, I liked Trump. He was crude, he was crass, and he had a knack for making people upset, which produced salt of exquisite taste while really letting voices of reason and trolling grow. I despised Biden because he came across as a senile old fart of a meat puppet for corporations, like Hillary but older and even more incompetent.

But now that the four years of fun are done, it's time to get back to work and Biden is making the work super easy. See, with all the good little lackeys of cultural marxism, from the basedboys and spinsters-to-be on the ground, all the way up to the political grifters at the top, racial consciousness hasn't been this high since '92. Armed with Biden's blessing of critical race theory, the absolute influx of immigrants, the crushing weight of a collapsing economy being propped up with ever more monopoly money, and the constant operation mockingbird, among other factors, these are excellent conditions for creating Weimar 2: American Boogaloo. Never before have niggers, spics, and asians gotten so uppity while whites and their children are told to suffer in silence. This unfair treatment creates resentment, and resentment breeds contempt. Sooner or later, it spills out into violence. And the world has seen (twice) that hell hath no fury like whites bent on murder for survival.

Biden and his puppeteers have been creating the best breeding ground for ethnonationalists while whites are still a majority in the country. I have come to believe that Biden is ripping off the bandaid that Trump sought to keep covered.

l would like to personally thank Biden, Democrats, and all those good little foot soldiers for their aid in creating the conditions under which strong men survive, and doing so while we hold the upper hand.
That mindset is, as we see here by some posters, born out of privilege. A sense of entitlement. A sense of control.

- Doc
Last edited by Doctor CamNC4Me on Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.