Should we bring back a moderator team?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.

Should we hire moderators?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 06, 2021 4:03 am

Yes, we should hire moderators
77%
No, things are fine as they are
23%

Total votes: 43

ceeboo
God

Re: Should we bring back a moderator team?

Post by ceeboo »

Atlanticmike wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:05 pm
The master troll Lem/calm is going to try and make ceeboo feels guilty for expressing his opinion.
I don't think Lem's purpose was to guilt me. I think Lem's purpose was to highlight how critically important she believes it is to be on a team, stay on a team, and be 100% loyal to said team - no matter the cost - no matter the consequence - no matter how it might look. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending who you are), I don't buy any of that garbage. It's weak, it possesses no real value and it's phony.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:04 pm
Hi all! Mentalgymnast here. What has happened to this board? Looks like it may be self destructing. You better get your act together if this is going to be the reputable board of days gone by. Mud slinging, calling names, accusations…calling out each other as trolls…oh wait, that sounds/looks familiar.

So sad. Shades is probably feeling pretty blue about where this board has gone. Same ol’ players, with some new additions.

Bring ZLMB back! 🙂 Those were the days…

Of course, by the looks of it on this thread, there are those that seem to thrive and find some degree of fulfillment in rolling in the mud, so to speak. Hope you’re able to work things out and make this place more civil. I wouldn’t get my hopes up. 🙁

Regards,
MG

How can we be sure it's really you and not a sock pretending to be on your smelly foot?

Can you prove who you are?

If so, what's the king's name in Facsimile No. 3?

Prove you're MG! Otherwise, ur just a dirty sock.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:11 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:54 pm
Lem, unlike some folks here, Ceeboo "throws his lot" based on the contents of any given post, no matter who the author of said post happens to be.
You may have missed about a thousand or so that Cultellus removed, for obvious reasons. : )
What does that have to do with anything? If you make 1,000 posts in a row that, for whatever reason, I don't want to quote and reply to, then you make post 1001 and I think it's a valuable/interesting/accurate/profound, and I quote it and reply to it, what's the problem?

My question is, why wouldn't you?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:15 pm
MG 2.0 wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:04 pm
Hi all! Mentalgymnast here. What has happened to this board? Looks like it may be self destructing. You better get your act together if this is going to be the reputable board of days gone by. Mud slinging, calling names, accusations…calling out each other as trolls…oh wait, that sounds/looks familiar.

So sad. Shades is probably feeling pretty blue about where this board has gone. Same ol’ players, with some new additions.

Bring ZLMB back! 🙂 Those were the days…

Of course, by the looks of it on this thread, there are those that seem to thrive and find some degree of fulfillment in rolling in the mud, so to speak. Hope you’re able to work things out and make this place more civil. I wouldn’t get my hopes up. 🙁

Regards,
MG

How can we be sure it's really you and not a sock pretending to be on your smelly foot?

Can you prove who you are?

If so, what's the king's name in Facsimile No. 3?

Prove you're MG! Otherwise, ur just a dirty sock.
Mentalgymnast has an active account on this version of the board already, under that name. And we’ve traded PMs.

If this is the real MG, he can confirm it by replying again to one of those messages.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:24 pm
Mentalgymnast has an active account on this version of the board already, under that name. And we’ve traded PMs.

If this is the real MG, he can confirm it by replying again to one of those messages.

Woohoo. Got him good.

8-)
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:05 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:48 pm
I have to admit that I'm not seeing what some people are seeing. Gadianton made two different posts. One was titled "trolling," and was not directed to specified posters. I don't purport to speak for Gad, but it appeared to me that the "sting" of that post was directed to folks that call for moderation yet appear to thrive on drama. The second was "Epistle to Cultellus," and was clearly directed to Cultellus. As Dean Robbers is perfectly capable of telling us when he is talking to a specific poster, I see no reasonable interpretation of the "trolling" post that has it directed to Cultellus.
Sorry Res Ipsa. My apologies in advance. I agree with you here. So Sorry.
Res Ipsa wrote:
That being said, Cultellus is wrong about the Dean. It isn't the first time he has defamed a member here and, given his track record, won't be his last.
Congratulations Res Ipsa. We disagree again. Your cred is restored.
Res Ipsa wrote:
Moderation will result in his (and everyone else's) personal attacks being confined to Telestial/Prison.
Damnit, Res Ipsa. My apologies in advance. I agree with you here. I can shift and do shift, believe it or not. I am listening, believe it or not. I find Shulem's arguments more convincing than yours, but for the better/worse we are in some agreement. Sorry about that.
viewtopic.php?p=39772#p39772
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:02 pm
Which gives me an idea...

WOW!

That's a great thread down in the TELESTIAL board. It's going to be a big fight.

Hey CAM! You know what you can do?......

Should we bring back a moderator team (Telestial Incarnation)
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ceeboo wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:22 pm
canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:11 pm

You may have missed about a thousand or so that Cultellus removed, for obvious reasons. : )
What does that have to do with anything? If you make 1,000 posts in a row that, for whatever reason, I don't want to quote and reply to, then you make post 1001 and I think it's a valuable/interesting/accurate/profound, and I quote it and reply to it, what's the problem?

My question is, why wouldn't you?
Just sayin’ that you had 1000 posts of content that you can choose from that present a very different picture than the one you’re upholding.

What you focus on is your prerogative, but you are also as prone to bias as others. It’s quite ’human’.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:25 pm
canpakes wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 5:24 pm

Woohoo. Got him good.

8-)
Speaks to the integrity and intent of our newest board ‘saviors’.

; )
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

I'm surprised we do not have even more trolls activated by Musket Fire.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace