Voter Fraud

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Voter Fraud

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

From some website somewhere:
President Donald Trump said Sunday that the FBI and the Justice Department might be “involved” in what he again groundlessly called a fraudulent presidential election, hinting that the nation’s law enforcement agencies were biased against his fading efforts to remain in office.

“This is total fraud. And how the FBI and Department of Justice — I don’t know, maybe they’re involved...”
I mean, at what damned point do the brain dead finally wake up and see this diaper wearing shithead for what he is? The dems. The feds. The DoJ, headed by his guy. The media. Everyone else is to blame for his failures. What’s that old saying again? If everyone you meet is an asshole...?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Fascinating clip from DrC!

More on Newsweek:

Trump Suggests FBI and Justice Department Led By His Own Appointees May Be 'Involved' With Rigging Election Against Him

Subgenius: Is this man sane? Or does he just lie so much that he seems crazy? Why do you want a man like this to be President of your country?
President Donald Trump suggested that the FBI and Department of Justice, which are led by men he appointed, could be "involved" with allegedly rigging the election against him—despite presenting no evidence to support his unfounded claims of widespread voter fraud.

President-elect Joe Biden was declared the winner of the election just over three weeks ago after Fox News, the Associated Press and other major networks called Pennsylvania and Nevada in his favor, pushing him over the 270 electoral-vote threshold to be the winner of the Electoral College. However, Trump has refused to concede, as he and his legal team keep push false claims of widespread fraud. They have not provided evidence to support these allegations and nearly all of the campaign's legal challenges have failed in court.

Trump gave his first in-depth interview since the election to Fox Business host Maria Bartiromo on Sunday morning. During the interview he pushed a series of debunked and baseless allegations, claiming the election was "rigged."

"This is total fraud," Trump insisted in the interview with Bartiromo on Sunday Morning Futures. "And how the FBI and Department of Justice—I don't know—maybe they're involved, but how people are allowed to get away from this stuff—it's unbelievable."

The FBI is led by director Christopher Wray, who Trump appointed in 2017. The Justice Department is led by Attorney General William Barr, who the president nominated in late 2018. Since he took over the Justice Department in early 2019, Barr has been strongly criticized by Democrats, and some Republicans, for acting more like the president's personal lawyer than the top attorney representing the American people.

"Missing in action. Missing in action," Trump said when Bartiromo asked if the FBI and Justice Department are investigation the claims of fraud. "Can't tell you where they are. I ask, 'Are you looking at it?' Everyone says, 'Yes,' they're looking at it."

The Justice Department declined to comment to Newsweek about the president's statements. Newsweek reached out to the press offices of the FBI for comment.

Although the Trump campaign has filed dozens of lawsuits in multiple battleground states in a bid to overturn election results, judges have dismissed nearly all of the cases. Even conservative judges—including a Trump appointee—have rejected the unfounded claims, pointing out that the president's lawyers have not presented evidence to support them.

"We're trying to put the evidence in and the judges won't allow us to do it," Trump claimed.

The president also took aim at Georgia's Governor Brian Kemp, a Republican who the president endorsed in 2018. Some Georgia election officials have faced significant criticism and even death threats in the wake of the state's initial results and hand recount showing that Biden beat Trump in the southern state by a narrow margin of about 12,000 votes.

"The governor's done nothing. He's done absolutely nothing. I'm ashamed that I endorsed him," Trump said of Kemp.

Although Trump continues to push unfounded conspiracy theories about widespread fraud leading to his loss, a growing number of Republicans have urged the president to concede while more have pushed Trump to allow for a smooth transition. Even some of Trump's friends and allies have strongly criticized his campaign's legal strategy.

Fox News correspondent-at-large Geraldo Rivera, a personal friend of the president, said Trump's lawyers were making claims "from the far side of the moon." Former New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, a Republican who helped Trump prepare for a September debate against Biden, described the president's legal team as a "national embarrassment."
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Brack
Deacon

Post by Brack »

"The governor's done nothing. He's done absolutely nothing. I'm ashamed that I endorsed him," Trump said of Kemp

Both the GOP Governor and the GOP SofS of Georgia have been thrown under the bus by Trump.
"Everything has to be approved by the legislature, and they had judges making deals, and they had electoral officials making deals like this character in Georgia who's a disaster," Trump said of Raffensperger, who has defended the integrity of the presidential election in Georgia, where President-elect Joe Biden defeated Trump by just more than 12,000 votes.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... eorgia?amp
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

As if things were not already scary enough: Pentagon Purges Leading Advisors From Defense Policy Board.
In what is hopefully the last few weeks of Trump's reign in the Whitehouse, he seems to be frantically trying to fire and replace any and all leading officials in our nation's military leadership he does not consider sufficiently loyal to him, with personnel who are are unquestionably loyal to him. This is yet another move out of the playbook of any tyrant who hopes maintain his position by military force, if not possible via a free and honest election. His lawsuits alleging electoral fraud are not working, his attempts to get state legislatures to replace electoral college voters with others willing to vote against the popular vote, if necessary, are not working, his ultimate appeal to the Supreme Court to overturn the election will almost certainly not work. His last remaining resort is to attempt a military coup. I have little doubt that he desperate enough to at least seriously consider that option. His recent firings and shakeups in our military establishment are just what he would have to do to have any chance of accomplishing that. The fool has never even tried to hide his admiration for other tyrants and his wish to emulate them.
Last edited by Gunnar on Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

"“I wanted to file one suit — Donald J Trump, President of the United States against… you know,” the president said in his interview with Fox News host Maria Bartiromo, unable to name who the defendant would actually be in such a suit."

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Sub does not understand that evidence involves context, especially in what we're looking at with the elections.

Affidavits are, in reality, very weak forms of evidence. If you have experience in the legal system, you know that affidavits and verified pleadings are drafted by lawyers and signed by witnesses who either don't read them carefully or understand the legal implication of the words chosen by the lawyer. It's a fairly common experience to take the deposition of someone who has signed and affidavit and have them testify that the affidavit hasn't quite got the facts right or that they hadn't read it over carefully before signing.

An affidavit is effective for getting to trial. If I file a motion to try and get rid of a claim before trial, affidavits provided by the other must be taken at face value as actually true. Not only that, the court must construe all inferences that could reasonably be drawn from the facts alleged in the affidavit in favor of the party opposing the motion.

But, when the rubber hits the road at trial, affidavits are, with narrow exceptions, not treated as evidence. I can use an affidavit to show that a witness has changed his testimony or to argue against a claim that someone recently fabricated claims. But I can't put on my case through an affidavit -- I need live testimony with a witness subject to cross examination that the jury can observe.

But, affidavits are even weaker evidence than usual when a party is trying to get the court to issue an injunction at the very beginning of a case. The court doesn't have to treat them as true or accept conclusions from them. In fact, one of the many problems with many of the affidavits submitted in these election fraud cases is that they go beyond facts and make conclusions. In this context, the judge gives no weight to the affiant's conclusory statements. The judge gets to decide whether the person asking for an injunction has made the necessary showing that he is likely to prevail at trial.

Fraud is also a special case. It has specified elements that generally have to be pleaded with particularity. The burden for fraud claims is also generally higher than that for an ordinary case. In general, it must be shown by clear, cogent and convincing evidence, as opposed to a preponderance of evidence.

Sub's "evidence" for fraud is mostly nonsense because it consists of untested, out of context factoids. I suspect he knows this, but he also knows he has the BS asymmetry principle on his side.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Take note that retired Generals Flynn and McInerey (who called Senator McCain ‘songbird John’ on Fox who subsequently handed him a lifetime ban for that one) are openly advocating Trump invoke the Insurrection Act and just seize control of the White House. right-wing terrorists are now openly advocating civil war across all their platforms. Trump is fomenting this behavior. If Covid didn’t convince you that man doesn’t give two craps about the lives of Americans, then this ought to be a truly sobering day for you. We officially have a crisis on our hands, and they’re using this planned ‘voter fraud’ gambit as a way to truly move us into fascism.

Crazy.

- Doc
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:06 am
Take note that retired Generals Flynn and McInerey (who called Senator McCain ‘songbird John’ on Fox who subsequently handed him a lifetime ban for that one) are openly advocating Trump invoke the Insurrection Act and just seize control of the White House. right-wing terrorists are now openly advocating civil war across all their platforms. Trump is fomenting this behavior. If Covid didn’t convince you that man doesn’t give two craps about the lives of Americans, then this ought to be a truly sobering day for you. We officially have a crisis on our hands, and they’re using this planned ‘voter fraud’ gambit as a way to truly move us into fascism.

Crazy.

- Doc
Show me.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... HQAAAAAQAQ

Start at 9:20. I’ll have to try and remember where I saw the Flynn interview where he talks about invoking the Insurrection Act to seize all the ballots, voting machines, and using the NG to execute an Executive Order if the states don’t cooperate. It was pretty damned bananas.

- Doc
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:30 am
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cH ... HQAAAAAQAQ

Start at 9:20. I’ll have to try and remember where I saw the Flynn interview where he talks about invoking the Insurrection Act to seize all the ballots, voting machines, and using the NG to execute an Executive Order if the states don’t cooperate. It was pretty damned bananas.

- Doc
Talk about timing. I found this on YouTube but haven't listened to it yet. Would this also help me to understand?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyQ3aurZ_6M

p.s. your post scared the crap out of me.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!