Do We Really Have It Right?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Lem
God

Re: Do We Really Have It Right?

Post by Lem »

honorentheos wrote: ...That principle being, a persons expressed view is coming from a place that is internally consistent and sincerely held, built on foundational values that should be afforded enough dignity to be assumed as valid enough to be worth understanding before one engages the arguments being presented rather than just dismissing them as garbage or stupid or what have you.

That's my view of the opening post.
A fascinating post, coming from this particular poster.
...Extend respect because being a person in 2021 isn't easy. Be charitable because everyone is the result of countless processes and events that produces them which, had it been me would likely mean I'd be in the same position. And be skeptical of certitude because certitude is the death of knowledge.
yet another fascinating statement from this particular poster.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Lem wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:14 pm
honorentheos wrote: ...That principle being, a persons expressed view is coming from a place that is internally consistent and sincerely held, built on foundational values that should be afforded enough dignity to be assumed as valid enough to be worth understanding before one engages the arguments being presented rather than just dismissing them as garbage or stupid or what have you.

That's my view of the opening post.
A fascinating post, coming from this particular poster.
...Extend respect because being a person in 2021 isn't easy. Be charitable because everyone is the result of countless processes and events that produces them which, had it been me would likely mean I'd be in the same position. And be skeptical of certitude because certitude is the death of knowledge.
yet another fascinating statement from this particular poster.
Hi Lem,

Respect is in interesting thing. As mentioned in an earlier post to ceebs, sometimes a person's behavior becomes the entire subject of discussion. While you may harbor ill feelings about being told you were being an asshole over multiple threads, that isn't my load to carry. I don't consider you an asshole as a person nor do I harbor ill feelings towards you as a person. And I stand by my comments, including the observation that it had an effect so make of that what you will. Were the subject to come up again and the behaviour to reappear, I would either choose to not participate or call it out. But I wouldn't pretend it was something other than what it was. I will of course choose to speak to you directly and as a human being regardless of how you choose to post, so I wish you the best and carry on.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:57 pm
Hi Lem,

Respect is in interesting thing.
yes, it is.
While you may harbor ill feelings about being told you were being an asshole over multiple threads, that isn't my load to carry. I don't consider you an asshole as a person nor do I harbor ill feelings towards you as a person.
you were the only person who continued to tell me I was an asshole for talking about sexist comments, and you did it while disrupting multiple threads on a very serious topic. I don't harbor any "ill feelings", and if you carry a load of guilt for how you behaved, that is your problem.
And I stand by my comments, including the observation that it had an effect so make of that what you will.
What a world we live in. :roll: you respond to troll-like behavior by ignoring it, and the perpetrators brag that they changed your posts. What utter nonsense. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Moving on, i stand by my comments as well, including the observation that you had no effect on any participants other than to paint yourself as one who, as you put it, is "a bit of a dick, [so] it often instead takes the form of finding a chance to drag someone for sport.

Your self-description of yourself is apt. You attempted to destroy several extremely meaningful threads for this forum, so you could "find a chance to drag someone for sport."

You attempted to destroy several very meaningful discussions about sexist comments, by arguing that the woman objecting to the sexist comments wasn't a good person. That's your (incredibly bad) logic, and that's your reputation.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

An apt demonstration of many points. Thank you. :)
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Lem

Your very recent posts directed at honor is an excellent example of what this thread has been discussing for 9 pages of thread now. While I am almost certain this wasn't intentional on your part, I can't help but wonder if you noticed it and if you see the connections.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:02 pm
Looks like you beat me by a few seconds. But don't get too confident, that means I was right on your ass! ;)
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:03 pm
Lem

Your very recent posts directed at honor is an excellent example of what this thread has been discussing for 9 pages of thread now. While I am almost certain this wasn't intentional on your part, I can't help but wonder if you noticed it and if you see the connections.
My posts were absolutely intentional. Honor behaved in exactly the opposite of the comments he has made recently, and his final posts verify that.

in my opinion, honor's attacking posts drove away EAllusion, and his style is extremely confrontational.

I am curious why you are asking only me this question about posting, and not honorentheos?
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:02 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
The obnoxious behavior continues. Carry on, honor. Your reputation precedes you.
Last edited by Lem on Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Lem wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:08 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:03 pm
Lem

My posts were absolutely intentional. Honor behaved in exactly the opposite of the comments he has made recently, and his final posts verify that.
I have nothing to add here - it speaks for itself and for some crazy reason, I think it belongs in the thread.
I am curious why you are asking only me this question and not him?
Because he is a man and you are a woman (Just kidding, relax)

I am asking you because it was you who clearly initiated the "challenges" to him by using portions of his quote with your "challenging remarks" about said portions of his post. And my comments were not intended to be offensive but to simply suggest that you provided a glaring example (in neon lights) of what this thread has been discussing for many pages now.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:19 pm
Lem wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:08 pm

I have nothing to add here - it speaks for itself and for some crazy reason, I think it belongs in the thread.
I am curious why you are asking only me this question and not him?
Because he is a man and you are a woman (Just kidding, relax)
of course. Because that is how it is done.

Make an inappropriate remark, and then assure everyone you were kidding.
And my comments were not intended to be offensive but to simply suggest that you provided a glaring example
I see. So, MY comments were the glaring example, not Honorentheos'?

Sorry, no. Honor's comments were made here, in the context of his history. YOU chose to single out that i noticed that he was making statements in direct opposition to his previous posting strategy.

You could have noted his inconsistencies, but instead, you call out the person who responds.

I wonder why?