Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

Post by Jersey Girl »

Possible evidence related to the case was found near Spread Creek, WY where the couple had been camping. Their van was recorded on a fellow traveler's travelog video discovered as they were editing it.

A body has been located in Grand Teton National Forest. Gender hasn't been identified. :shock:

Now, there's going to be an update/presser on the case in 45 minutes.

Briefly, Gabby and her fiancee' Brian Laundrie were cross country camping out West. He returned to Florida home without her. They were recorded on LE body cam during a traffic stop--they'd been fighting in the vehicle. Apparently she was hitting him. LE separated them for the night. No DV or assault charges were made. She fell off the map on or around Aug 28/29, some cell phone communications that could have been generated by fiancee'.

In any case, she's missing. He is also missing, I say he's running. He left his parent's Florida home on Tuesday. Parent's didn't disclose that there was an argument (or what it was about) and that he left on Tuesday, until Friday.

LE has the van. Because this crosses state lines, FBI is involved.

She's gone. He's gone. Now a body had been discovered at one of their camping areas.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Anyone following the Gabby Petito case? (Breaking)

Post by Jersey Girl »

ETA: FBI is doing the presser in about a half hour-ish. Coroner is on the scene, tented area. There is no telling who the body belongs to. Apparently there are other's missing in that very same campground. Looks like the body was found south of where the van was on August 27th.

And yes, this is what I do while I'm doing in real life. :geek:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Do we know if the date of the LEO stop was before the video?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Currently watching KUTV (SLC) setting up for the presser. This is an education in and of itself. They're connecting to different news outlets.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:07 pm
Do we know if the date of the LEO stop was before the video?
Yes, the traffic stop was in Moab area on August 12. The travelog video was on August 27th.

I don't have the beginning time line down firm. I kind of fell into the case already in progress. Those dates above are accurate. I can tell you this much the crime youtubers had the body discovery information before that national news outlets posted it. I'm watching it as it takes place and know who had it before the major news.

It's streaming NOW.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Wyoming FBI from Denver.

Offering condolences to the family as they mourn the loss of their daughter. Human remains consistent with description of Gabby Petito. Full confirmation (forensics) has not been completed yet.

I'm going to watch the rest now. Dear Jesus. I pray for truth to come out.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kind of. I keep seeing it pop up across various mediums. I stopped watching the ‘local’ news because it’s harshin’ my vibe, but it’s inescapable as a topic. While I think it’s a tragedy (most likely) I don’t understand why news stations across the country are so breathless with this story.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:15 pm
Kind of. I keep seeing it pop up across various mediums. I stopped watching the ‘local’ news because it’s harshin’ my vibe, but it’s inescapable as a topic. While I think it’s a tragedy (most likely) I don’t understand why news stations across the country are so breathless with this story.

- Doc
Because it crosses state lines, I assume, wide investigation. Involves the FBI, all sorts of digital information available, all of this making it a high profile case.

She's dead. Confirmed.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:15 pm
it’s harshin’ my vibe,
I understand what you mean. When I am following the cases, I manage to separate and focus on the investigation, then the forensics, and finally, the trials. They psychological aspects for sure. The pieces of the case are what captures my interest. Justice would be nice, if it's attainable.

Fiancee' is still missing. In a Florida reserve that is 25 thousand acres. Yes, you read that right.

To date there is no evidence disclosed tying the fiancee' to the disappearance or murder. Except for his actions on his return home which seems to point to consciousness of guilt...but we'll see.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Florida reporter now crying his baby eyes out on camera. I think that's because the reporters at local level get so involved in the case and form a kind of bond with the families they are covering.

Slava Ukraini!