A big hello

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: A big hello

Post by Shulem »

Ed,

Perhaps you might like to share and elaborate on a specific example of something that occurred between you and Gordon or some other member at FAIR that upset you the most. If you could be specific and tell us the story about what got to you the most, what's foremost on your mind, what instance or circumstance caused you the most grief.

If you don't want to share, then that's fine. But hey, why not share? What do you have to lose? What happened, exactly?
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:46 pm
Ed,

Perhaps you might like to share and elaborate on a specific example of something that occurred between you and Gordon or some other member at FAIR that upset you the most. If you could be specific and tell us the story about what got to you the most, what's foremost on your mind, what instance or circumstance caused you the most grief.

If you don't want to share, then that's fine. But hey, why not share? What do you have to lose? What happened, exactly?
Well, this is dead horse now. It isn't really helpful to get in to any specifics of specific situations.
I already described in general how they were gaslighting me.
I already described how they assigned the buddy to me to make me feel like I had a friend among them that was a false thing to keep me contained.
More specific information about specific situations is not useful and I'm not comfortable digging up that zombie again.
“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise; seek what they sought.” ― Matsuo Basho
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:29 pm
Ed1 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:24 am

It's rhetorical Kerry. It's like saying "back off." Thanks. Everybody here knows that unless you are an admin, there is no consequence that some other poster can impose on somebody.

That's not exactly true. You don't have to have admin rights to impose consequences on other posters that one feels like punishing. There are ways to punish posters on this board -- believe me, I'm guilty of that! Ha ha ha ha!

There are all kinds of creative ways to stick it to people that piss you off. You just have to get creative and go for it. This place can get pretty damn mean at times. Other times it's pretty nice. It just all depends on what's happening.
AHAHAHAH. Yeah, I can imagine what you in particular could do to get back at somebody.
“Do not seek to follow in the footsteps of the wise; seek what they sought.” ― Matsuo Basho
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

...you can't really "allow" people to live their lives. But I do like the idea of accepting people as they are.
Certainly the word "allow" was a poor choice of wording. Yes, accepting that their agency will take them where it will, and that I have no right to try to influence them in an overbearing way.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Ed1 wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:19 pm
More specific information about specific situations is not useful and I'm not comfortable digging up that zombie again.
That's perfectly fine and I for one accept and respect your right to leave it as is. But, should you change your mind ( :twisted: ), you are most welcome to come back and tell us whatever dirt you feel like kicking up. There are ears (Doctor Scratch) around this place that love to get the dirt and would love to hear whatever nasty stories and information you might have about FAIR. If ever you wanted to get attention around here that would be the thing to do! Or if you just want to get even and lash out. You can always do that.

he he
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

Ed1 wrote:
What does "gaslighting" mean to you, and who are the "they" and what did "they" do to gaslight you?
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Shulem wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:35 pm
Ed1 wrote:
That's perfectly fine and I for one accept and respect your right to leave it as is. But, should you change your mind ( :twisted: ), you are most welcome to come back and tell us whatever dirt you feel like kicking up. There are ears (Doctor Scratch) around this place that love to get the dirt and would love to hear whatever nasty stories and information you might have about FAIR. If ever you wanted to get attention around here that would be the thing to do! Or if you just want to get even and lash out. You can always do that.

he he
Well, Shulem is the fun one around here.

I mean, we all have our moments, but it's like when you were growing up and four or nine of your siblings would be packed in the station wagon driving home from church. All of you would poke each other every time Mom turned back around, but only one brother had the nerve to fling himself half out the window as you passed the police, waving his arms and screeching "help-help! I'm being kidnapped by a polygamist family!" until the police turned on the siren and pulled your Dad over as the bishop's family slowly drove by, but luckily the cop lived next door to one of your dad's (many) cousins, plus his partner served on the stake roadshow committee with your oldest sister (who was currently blushing furiously in the backseat, holding your newborne sibling that in any other part of the country would have been assumed to be her child), so they didn't arrest anyone for kidnapping or even give your dad a ticket for no seatbelts even though TWO station wagons wouldn't have had enough seatbelts for all of you, and your Dad almost said a swear word until your Mom put her hand on his arm and you all finished the drive home, which was much appreciated because if you had to fast for 10 more minutes you would die.

Shulem's THAT brother. :D
Ed1
High Priest

Post by Ed1 »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:39 pm
Ed1 wrote:
What does "gaslighting" mean to you, and who are the "they" and what did "they" do to gaslight you?
Representing something as real and true that is not when your gut tells you it can't be true, and you are almost 100% positive it is a lie, but they keep insisting it is true anyway, and then you give it some time just to make doubly sure by gathering evidence and doing homework to know for sure that it is a lie, and it turns out to be. But notwithstanding you still know it is a lie after that, they still insist it is true. It is a form of Passive Aggressive abuse.

Telling me that everything is ok and that I am a part of something when good evidence shows I am not and that I am excluded, despite their claims that I am not, and when I try to call them out on it, people would still insist that I am the one that is mistaken, still trying to make me question my own certainty/sanity.
Shulem
God

Scott Gordon is a man of God

Post by Shulem »

Scott Gordon wrote:
Special thanks to professor John Gee for helping us better understand....

Scott Gordon wrote:
I believe in being honest....

Scott Gordon wrote:
Everyone deserves a FAIR shake and deserves to be heard....

Now, Ed, let's see your paper....
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Has anyone ever noticed a similarity of apologists to those wind-up toys that when released will attack anything?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace