Dr. Shades's spelling and/or grammar lesson of the day

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Dr. Shades's spelling and/or grammar lesson of the day

Post by Dr. Shades »

"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:00 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:47 pm
Of swearing and the judgement thereof:

https://www.tiktok.com/@grammaglam?lang=en
Can you narrow it down a bit?
Lem wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:53 pm
You’re joking, right?
I'm not ignoring some instances on purpose. Show me what I missed and I'll tweak the auto-correct accordingly.
Cunt, dick, dick sucker, idiot, dick sucking, bitch, asshole. All searchable, all recently used.

Your autocorrect does seem to turn “bullsh*t” into “bull crap” and “f*Celestial Kingdom*ng” into “freaking” or “damning,” though, so there’s that.

One request. Could you at least set “C-UNT” to be replaced with “Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent”? Please? PRETTY-please??? The italics, too. If you don’t mind. 8-)
Last edited by Lem on Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:36 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:37 am
Who cares? You aren't moderating other instances of filthy language in this forum so what possible difference does it make?
??? Of course I am. What instances am I not?
Point #1: I'm from Jersey. I'm not at all offended by the language I see used in this forum.

Point #2: Just delete the board rules and I'm good.

Point #3: If you think I'm going to take my time to forward you a list of infractions, you're out of your mind.

You have a search feature.
You have a moderator panel.
You have the ability to read these threads just as easily as you read and located dantana's post with what you believe are grammatical and spelling errors and then decided to make a new topic thread about it mirroring your previous thread about grammar and spelling.

It is no skin off my nose if people are using salty, filthy, colorful, whatever, language on this board. The first board I posted on for 10 years had no rules at all. What I object to is presenting a board with rules that are not being employed. So, delete the board rules, let's drop the hypocrisy, and we'll all just have at it.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:20 pm
Point #1: I'm from Jersey. I'm not at all offended by the language I see used in this forum.
Well, bully for you.
Point #2: Just delete the board rules and I'm good.
I'll get right on it. As long as you're good, nobody else matters, right?
You have the ability to read these threads just as easily as you read and located dantana's post with what you believe are grammatical and spelling errors and then decided to make a new topic thread about it mirroring your previous thread about grammar and spelling.
What I believe are grammatical and spelling errors? Were they, or weren't they?
The first board I posted on for 10 years had no rules at all. What I object to is presenting a board with rules that are not being employed. So, delete the board rules, let's drop the hypocrisy, and we'll all just have at it.
For Hell's sake! Rome wasn't built in a day! The auto-correct will evolve and adapt as I have the time and inclination!
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:29 pm
For Hell's sake! Rome wasn't built in a day! The auto-correct will evolve and adapt as I have the time and inclination!
Excellent point.
Lem wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:48 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:00 pm

Can you narrow it down a bit?

I'm not ignoring some instances on purpose. Show me what I missed and I'll tweak the auto-correct accordingly.
Cunt, dick, dick sucker, idiot, dick sucking, bitch, asshole. All searchable, all recently used.

Your autocorrect does seem to turn “bullsh*t” into “bull crap” and “f*Celestial Kingdom*ng” into “freaking” or “damning,” though, so there’s that.

One request. Could you at least set “C-UNT” to be replaced with “Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve and Talent”? Please? PRETTY-please??? The italics, too. If you don’t mind. 8-)
Last edited by Lem on Wed Dec 30, 2020 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
I'll get right on it. As long as you're good, nobody else matters, right?
As long as I am good? Wasn't that you who recently and profusely thanked this community and those who contributed to this new board for saving your baby?

For what reason are you now letting your baby turn to crap?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Well thank you, Shades. I guess. C-unt is now replaced with “ cunt. ” No-go on “charisma, uniqueness, nerve, and talent,” huh?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Dr. Shades wrote:
You're a busy guy and deserve time off. Plus I'm sure you have plenty of projects you want to work on. So, no need to hurry on our accounts. I'm more than happy with fewer not more auto-corrections.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:

Is the auto-correct the same thing as the censor mode? If not, why spend time on auto-correct at all?

It's not the language, as I indicated earlier, I don't flinch at the language. I never have the censor mode on because I don't care to. It's the violation of board rules that aren't being dealt with. Derails and that sort of thing. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see threats raise their ugly board-violating head around here again and watch them just sit there.

I have consistently defended your right to a life and personal time over what, 15 years now? We need another moderator to come on board. If you disagree, fine. But without violation corrections, the place takes on a free for all effect where people are left to slug it out. Is that what you want?

I can live with Lord of the Flies. But that is not how this board is presented.

Slava Ukraini!
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:46 am
I have consistently defended your right to a life and personal time over what, 15 years now? We need another moderator to come on board. If you disagree, fine. But without violation corrections, the place takes on a free for all effect where people are left to slug it out. Is that what you want?
OK. So as I have mentioned before, Shades will need to find a board member who:

(a) Has the ability to perform the functions of a moderator.
(b) Is likely to be trusted by other posters to act fairly and consistently.
(c) Is willing to take on the job.

Do you know anyone who fulfils all those criteria? If so, PM Shades, and I am sure he will recruit that person straight away.

Otherwise ...
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.