Wendy?????s witness, Rusty?????s mantle, twice, whilst absent...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Re: Wendy’s witness, Rusty’s mantle, twice, whilst absent...

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Exiled wrote:Nelson is certainly upping the ante on nonsense. Keep it up buddy. Your antics only drive people to disbelief and then to the sordid history that justifies their disbelief in your so-called prophetic utterances or feelings.

Think about the LDS that Nelson's "revelations" are driving away. Why have they been LDS anyway if not for continuing revelation? Then, when the new prophet announces revelations, it shocks them out of the church? While the LDS talk the talk about continuing revelation, when it's actually claimed by the prophet, many of them duck for cover. They don't walk the walk.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Re: Wendy’s witness, Rusty’s mantle, twice, whilst absent...

Post by _Holy Ghost »

I have a question wrote:
consiglieri wrote:Only in Mormonism could someone get away with saying they were a "witness" by being "absent."

How does one "witness" something by being "absent"?

It is absolute nonsense, but treated as if it were weighty testimony.

There is something about this that seems to sum up Mormonism, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

kairos wrote:I wonder if Rusty can take revelation notes with one hand while he is trying hard to pee at 2am with the other: "lord you saying something about water? water is good? water is necessary for life ? oh i hear you now: "water is dripping down my pajama leg" Thank you ,Lord!

Wendy- i got another one, come back to bed!

Maybe the Russians have a pee-pee tape of Nelson too.
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov