Four Hours at the Capitol: A Must Watch HBO Documentary

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ceeboo
God

Re: Four Hours at the Capitol: A Must Watch HBO Documentary

Post by ceeboo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:53 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:36 pm
I can't wrap my head around the fact that that the New York Yankees are in the World Series this year.
How is it that the board Cons are so consistently wrong, so egregiously confident in their own wrongness, that they’ve become impervious to reality? This ignorant hubris is what it is, and there’s no changing this pattern of behavior as it spreads beyond their personal failings to the body politic. Crazy.

- Doc
How is it possible that you could have completely missed such an obviously intentional post?

Crazy indeed!
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ceeboo wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:40 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
How is it that the board Cons are so consistently wrong, so egregiously confident in their own wrongness, that they’ve become impervious to reality? This ignorant hubris is what it is, and there’s no changing this pattern of behavior as it spreads beyond their personal failings to the body politic. Crazy.

- Doc
How is it possible that you could have completely missed such an obviously intentional post?

He didn’t. ; )
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Cultellus wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:36 pm
I can't wrap my head around the fact that that the New York Yankees are in the World Series this year.

- Doc
Uh, Cam, focus.

I also can't wrap my head around the fact that The Church is true, because it ain't. Focus here. Well, on the other hand, if your point is that people who believe in things that are not true, are in fact wrapping their heads, then I accept your point. That is what it takes to declare beliefs and opinions as factual.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ceeboo wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

- Doc

Crazy indeed!
Help me understand what you meant, and what it was about the post that was “obviously intentional.”

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:13 pm
ceeboo wrote:

Crazy indeed!
Help me understand what you meant, and what it was about the post that was “obviously intentional.”

- Doc
Sure!

He knows who is in the World Series - Meaning, he knows that NY is not in the WS (He also assumed everyone else reading would know that NY was not in the WS and that they would be able to understand/process why he posted that NY was in the WS) He intentionally posted a "fact" (That wasn't factual) on purpose because of the "fact" that KG posted in the post that he was replying to.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ceeboo wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:25 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:13 pm

- Doc
Sure!

He knows who is in the World Series - Meaning, he knows that NY is not in the WS (He also assumed everyone else reading would know that NY was not in the WS and that they would be able to understand/process why he posted that NY was in the WS) He intentionally posted a "fact" (That wasn't factual) on purpose because of the "fact" that KG posted in the post that he was replying to.
I stand corrected. Thanks for setting me straight.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:39 pm
Thanks
No worries - You're welcome.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:43 pm
ceeboo wrote:
He didn’t. ; )
Double or nothing?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:53 pm
canpakes wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:43 pm

He didn’t. ; )
Double or nothing?
Looks like I read you right, and Doc wrong.

I like how we only quote each other when the other is wrong. ; )
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

canpakes wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:46 pm
Cultellus wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:53 pm

Double or nothing?
Looks like I read you right, and Doc wrong.

I like how we only quote each other when the other is wrong. ; )
No. The post was a gesture and had not a damn thing to do with you being right or wrong. Nothing I do has anything to do with you being right or wrong, because there is nothing I could give less of a damn about than your rightness or wrongness. If that ever changes, I will be sure to let you know. In the meantime, consider yourself uncared for and uncared about. Thanks.

There, now you know my conditions. And that is great. Peace be with you.